Aller au contenu

1189, rue Crescent - 11 étages

IluvMTL

Messages recommendés

My god, I was just looking at a google street view of lower Cresent Street.  It was the saddest and most unsightly street downtown in the 80's and 90's and they have managed to make it even uglier than in was with some atrocious-looking infill.   Would greater density allowances made a difference?  

il y a 46 minutes, internationalx a dit :

My god, I was just looking at a google street view of lower Cresent Street.  It was the saddest and most unsightly street downtown in the 80's and 90's and they have managed to make it even uglier than in was with some atrocious-looking infill.   Would greater density allowances made a difference?  

I was myself too young! to have the opportunity to admire this street in its past full glory.  Grave damages were already apparent in the 70's.  Our sole recourse is to consult archives.  Now we are in a different world.  My expectations are very low, but I would strive for less heterogeneity and the total elimination of parkings.  Even the name "Crescent" should be replaced, as it evokes memories of a beautiful past -- which causes sadness.