Aller au contenu

DEL-YUL via DUB

Messages recommendés

Salut. Est que quelqu'un a une raison logique derrière l'escale du AC51? Pourquoi faire un stop à DUB? Je comprends que le vol est plus long à cause des restrictions en Europe mais un B789 peut facilement faire 15 heures non-stop non?

il y a 13 minutes, serbur a dit :

Peut-être à cause des restrictions de vols en Russie...

Exact, ça débuté à la même date de l'annonce de fermeture de l'espace aérien canadiens aux russes.

On 2022-03-06 at 6:18 PM, GoToTrudeau said:

Salut. Est que quelqu'un a une raison logique derrière l'escale du AC51? Pourquoi faire un stop à DUB? Je comprends que le vol est plus long à cause des restrictions en Europe mais un B789 peut facilement faire 15 heures non-stop non?

Le non stop serait beaucoup plus long que 15h maintenant.

DEL-YUL, en temps normal, en survolant la Russie, est un vol de 14h30 environ.

Le 28 février dernier, premiere journée de restriction, le vol DEL-YYZ, a arrêté à YUL pour du carburant. Temps de vol: 15h38 minutes.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/ACA49/history/20220227/2241Z/VIDP/CYYZ

ça explique l’arrêt à DUB dorénavant.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SameGuy said:

I’m old enough to remember when most heavy return flights from Europe had to stop in Shannon for fuel. We’re quite spoiled these days.

I’m getting up there too. I remember in the late 60’s taking Icelandic airlines from Luxembourg to Iceland where we had a free 24 hour stopover before taking a super Connie for the 12 hour jaunt to New York. This was known as the hippie route.

While in Iceland, i had, for the only time in my life, whale meat and reindeer cheeks...both delicious.  

• Like 2

AC updated its India operations for the months of April/May. 

YUL/YYZ-DEL moves to the 77L. With the added range of that aircraft, both legs of the flights will be non stop.

AC50 YUL-DEL 14h55

AC51 DEL-YUL 16h30

YVR-DEL will remain a B789, with a stop in DUB on the flight to DEL.

Il y a 15 heures, thenoflyzone a dit :

AC updated its India operations for the months of April/May. 

YUL/YYZ-DEL moves to the 77L. With the added range of that aircraft, both legs of the flights will be non stop.

AC50 YUL-DEL 14h55

AC51 DEL-YUL 16h30

YVR-DEL will remain a B789, with a stop in DUB on the flight to DEL.

Oh wow! Cela fait du AC51 le vol le plus long jamais opéré par Air Canada!

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a couple of (unexpected) orders for 777-9s from occidental carriers that have already retired their 772/3 fleets in favour of the significantly more efficient A350 or 787. As miserly as the newer planes are with fuel, they simply don’t have the MTOW needed for some very profitable missions, especially hot/high ops from the likes of JNB, NBO, or ADD. Even Aeromexico could use it to avoid the necessary fuel stop in Tijuana on MEX flights to Asia.