Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

All im asking is that we stop bickering about language, and focus more on things that require our attention. I think we all want to see Quebec's inadequacies resolved, to make our province much more prosperous.

When you say it that way, it sounds a heckova lot more respectful than what you actually wrote.

Like I said, the politicians looking for power are looking for a daily source of fear/propaganda to confuse you, and manipulate you in believing that there is an impending threat.

Trust me, politicians don't confuse me!

The thing you don't seem to realize is that our language will forever be threatened by the english language. That's what it means being a minority in an ocean of anglophones.

But I do understand your point about fixing the roads/hospitals/economy. There's no reason why we can't do both!

• Réponses 35
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Membres prolifiques

I have learned to find peace in this never ending debate by accepting 3things:

French in ROC will disappear.

Agreed, this will happen within the next 30-40 years!

English inside QC will vanish as well.

ON that point I disagree. Most francophone Quebeckers know english and many of them are forced to use it on a daily basis. This is due to the fact that we are surrounded by 320 million anglophones on this continent. The fact that we are having this discussion in english(even though we are all Québeckers) should help you see the truth!:D;)

Both of these points above I believe, will happen in my lifetime.

This is most likely gonna happen for your first point, but not for the second!

Maybe peekay means english as an institutional/cultural language within Quebec.

Look for example the other day 940 news closed because it couldn't be profitable anymore.

Maybe peekay means english as an institutional/cultural language within Quebec.

Look for example the other day 940 news closed because it couldn't be profitable anymore.

That's exactly what I meant. Montreal Gazette, Local mtl tv stations, local radio stations...etc... It's only a matter of time. The demographics can't support it.

Look at how many Ontario/out of province/state licence plates you see on long weekends!

Comme le dit Habsfan, c'est drôle que le fil de discussion soit en anglais! Peut-être qu'il y a même aucun anglophone dans la discussion... qui sait! Ça montre à quel point on est soumis! Je serais surpris de voir un seul message en chinois sur un forum équivalent sur Vancouver. Pourtant, on sait très bien qu'il y a un plus haut % de chinois là que d'anglais ici.... On s'aide pas en parlant en anglais!!!! C'est absurde qu'on veuille s'affirmer en tant que québécois francophone, mais on répond toujours aux anglophones en anglais.....

Also, most immigrants eventually choose English as their language of instruction.

Si on se compare avec la Catalogne, on est pas mal retardés là-dessus! Là-bas, il y a aucune école en espagnol! 0 possibilité! Pourtant en Espagne il n'y a qu'1 seule langue officielle.... Et peu de gens en Catalogne chialent (par rapport à ici)!

There are still over 700,000 people who use english as their first language in Montreal, and another 150,000 in the Townships. That's amost 1 million people

Clearly, English will not dissapear. Also, most immigrants eventually choose English as their language of instruction.

I disagree.

Most immigrants might eventually choose english...maybe. HOWEVER, No immigrant in QC will truly integrate into the English American culture.

I’m talking about many generations of non-francos living in a region where the language is French. We aren’t talking about the QC of the 1950’s, we are talking about 30-60 years from now.

Do you really believe that the non-francophone population in 2050 can support the existing institutions?

Remember Travel Travel on CFCF-12?

Remember all those english mtl local shows?

Remember the expos on CFCF-12?

Remember Pulse news?

Remember This Morning Live on Global?

Remember The Montreal Daily News?

Remember 940 News?

Do you want me to stop? What do you think happened to all of those cultural institutions?

Ask yourself this: An immigrant from Quebec is playing Cranium/Trivial Pursuit. Which version will they do better in, the English Canada version of or the Québécois one?

Answer: Québécois version, because they were raised Québécois regardless of the language they speak in the future.

Do you really believe that the non-francophone population in 2050 can support the existing institutions?

Remember Travel Travel on CFCF-12?

Remember all those english mtl local shows?

Remember the expos on CFCF-12?

Remember Pulse news?

Remember This Morning Live on Global?

Remember The Montreal Daily News?

Remember 940 News?

Actually, i'm a francophone, yet 75% of my tv watching hours are spent watching TV in English. I get my news from CFCF News(AKA Pulse news...Too bad Bill Had to retire, he was cool. Did you know he lived in the USA, and drove up everyday??!!), I read the Gazette a few times a week(along with LaPresse).

English will not disappear in this province, you can bet your house on it!

how many english daily newspapers they were in the past?

2, THe Montreal Star and the Gazette. The Gazette Survived but not the other one. THen again, there used to be another french language newspaper in Montreal yet it also disappeared. Montréal Matin!

Hum !! Interessant ce debat. Rien de neuf cependant ne semble vouloir ressortir de ces discussions.

Je suis d'accord sur le fait que le francais en dehors du Quebec est en voie de disparaitre. Je le vois depuis plusieurs decennies.

Je ne suis pas d'accord sur le fait qu'il faille cesser de crier haut et fort la neccesite de continuer la lutte non seulement pour la survie de la langue de Moliere mais egalement pour sa propagation -du moins au Quebec.

Je suis assez d'accord pour affirmer qu'ily a disparition des outils mediatiques anglophones de Montreal -ce qui ne veut pas dire pour autant que l'offre de medias anglophones diminue mais que la possibilite pour les anglophones de Montreal d'avoir voix au chapitre diminue puisque ceux-ci doivent de plus en plus se tourner vers des medias du ROC ou des Etats-Unies comme source d'information. Consequemment, les anglos de Montreal sont de plus en plus tributaire d"une societe avec laquelle ils ne partagent pas vraiment les valeurs comme source d'information. Dommage.

Ironiquement, ce n'est pas l'influence de l'anglais qui diminue a Montreal -loin de la mais plutot l'offre locale qui s'effrite au profit de sources exterieures.

Au contraire de certains forumeurs ici je trouve qu'on ne parle plus suffisament du danger que represente l'affaiblissement de la culture francophone au Canada et plus particulierement a Montreal. J'ai plutot l'impression que les Quebecois francophone semblent avoir abdique, tombant dans la totale indifference. Pathetique.

J'abonde dans le sens de Habsfan et de Malek (etonnant, je sais) sur toute la ligne.