Aller au contenu

Futur réseau métro et REM (dans le style carte du métro)

Cataclaw

Messages recommendés

il y a 50 minutes, SameGuy a dit :

Lol you missed the point. “B” — as proposed, even the most recent suggestion with the mini-tunnel — will not be integrated at Centrale. And be honest, Bonaventure will be no better integrated with this new “metro” system than it is with exo already, ie: a pain in the ass. I very purposely said “fluid”.

Fluid does mean using your two legs to walk a bit. Teletransportation does not exist. Yet. Some like to use only one leg but thats a whole other story. Therefore, I confirm the REM-A will be fluidly integrated to our system. 

There are 3 stations here. REM-A, Gare Centrale, Station Bonaventure (orange). You know that lol. Gare Centrale and Station Bonaventure (orange) already are NOT integrated as per your definition. You have to leave one to go to the other. REM-A will be inside Gare Centrale, no tunnel, nothing, just step up the escalators and you'll be there. Again, its going to Station Bonaventure (orange) that is the "problem". Considering what they have to deal with in terms of depth and localisation, I find it rather well put for the REM-A to use the same connection from Station Bonaventure (orange) to Gare Centrale. 

il y a une heure, Rocco a dit :

Fluid does mean using your two legs to walk a bit. Teletransportation does not exist. Yet. Some like to use only one leg but thats a whole other story. Therefore, I confirm the REM-A will be fluidly integrated to our system. 

il y a 53 minutes, SameGuy a dit :

You and I have vastly different ideas of what an integrated transit system looks like. If you have to leave a station to get to another station, they are segregated networks, not integrated. 

Je me satisfais d'un service de TEC pratique, rapide et efficace.  Il n'est pas absolument nécessaire que toutes les composantes soient pleinement "intégrées", puisque de toute façon si j'ai recours au TEC, je dois marcher pour me rendre à la station la plus rapprochée, ou, plus souvent qu'autrement, d'abord à un arrêt de bus.  Si je veux éviter tous ces inconvénients, je prends ma voiture et je me rends directement à un stationnement souterrain adjacent à ma destination finale.

Pour les personnes dites "à mobilité réduite" c'est différent, mais il faudrait que toutes les étapes d'un déplacement soient "intégrées"  pour que l'expérience soit vraiment facilitée.

Ultimement, un compromis doit être fait entre les coûts que supposerait une intégration complète et les avantages qui en résultent.  Parfois, d'autres moyens sont plus appropriés pour répondre à des besoins spécifiques  -- par exemple le "transport adapté" offert aux personnes handicapées.  

57 minutes ago, Rocco said:

There are 3 stations here. REM-A, Gare Centrale, Station Bonaventure (orange). You know that lol. Gare Centrale and Station Bonaventure (orange) already are NOT integrated as per your definition. You have to leave one to go to the other. REM-A will be inside Gare Centrale, no tunnel, nothing, just step up the escalators and you'll be there. Again, its going to Station Bonaventure (orange) that is the "problem". Considering what they have to deal with in terms of depth and localisation, I find it rather well put for the REM-A to use the same connection from Station Bonaventure (orange) to Gare Centrale. 

My original post, to which you responded — and which you continue to only partially address, and thus mischaracterize:

4 hours ago, SameGuy said:

I think in an ideal scenario, REMs A and B would be fully integrated at Gare Centrale (“Robert-Bourassa” above?) with a fluid connection to Bonaventure on the Orange line; as currently planned and proposed, neither of those will happen.

Ideal scenario. We won’t reach the ideal. That is all.

13 minutes ago, Né entre les rapides said:

Ultimement, un compromis doit être fait entre les coûts que supposerait une intégration complète et les avantages qui en résultent.

See above.

On 2021-12-31 at 6:44 PM, FrancSoisD said:

- Station Bonaventure / GC / RB (?): un nouveau tunnel de raccordement plus direct est en construction pour faciliter les correspondances REM / ligne O., qui fait défaut sur ta carte.

La première fois que j’entend cela.

On 2021-12-31 at 6:44 PM, FrancSoisD said:

2. La CDPQI annoncera sûrement bientôt (comme elle l'a déjà fait pour les tronçons Chambly-StJ, Lach et Mirab) son non intérêt à développer un REM dans l'axe du projet LÉEO, qui ÀMHA ne devrait pas être quoi que ce soit de plus lourd qu'un SRB: le bassin démographique de la RS demeure une petite "mer de bungalows"...

100 % d'accord avec toi (mais je dirais que le plan LÉEO est le meilleur pour réaménager la stroad Taschereau en boulevard urbain à l’échelle humaine).

• Like 2

Le 2021-12-31 à 18:44, FrancSoisD a dit :

La CDPQI annoncera sûrement bientôt (comme elle l'a déjà fait pour les tronçons Chambly-StJ, Lach et Mirab) son non intérêt à développer un REM dans l'axe du projet LÉEO, qui ÀMHA ne devrait pas être quoi que ce soit de plus lourd qu'un SRB: le bassin démographique de la RS demeure une petite "mer de bungalows"...

Un SRB pourrait évidemment répondre aux besoins actuels et futurs, mais il ne permettra pas d'utiliser le plein potentiel de l'axe. Ce sont des dizaines de milliers de logements qu'on peut construire aux alentours, seulement sur les terrains vagues, stationnements et strip malls (donc sans compter une densification plus douce dans les secteurs résidentiels). Or pour amorcer ce redéveloppement massif, tout comme une reconfiguration totale de l'axe, il faut, selon moi, un tramway comme catalyseur. 

Je suis d'accord avec @SameGuy, le projet LÉEO me semble la meilleure proposition. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I partially adress your post cuz REM-B has nothing concrete to adress. We know nothing. They know nothing. Lets deal with facts.

This is in the “Visions” subforum; please address “facts” in the other forums.