Aller au contenu

École à pas de géants (Angus) - 3 étages

Ricardo100

Messages recommendés

Le quartier Angus a définitivement le vent dans les voiles. Les travaux d'excavation viennent de débuter (hier - 13 décembre 2021) et les portes du Centre s'ouvriront à plus d'une centaine d'élèves, d'enseignants et de membres du personnel dès l'été 2023.

Pour en savoir plus

https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2021/09/03/centre-dautisme-a-pas-de-geant-10-millions--encore-a-amasser 

https://www.indexsante.ca/nouvelles/1250/construction-du-centre-d-autisme-a-pas-de-geant.php

C'est un départ, les travaux sont lancés et MtlUrb y était !

Voici quelques photos prisent ce matin (14 décembre 2021):

IMG-2163.jpg

IMG-2164.jpg

IMG-2165.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 semaines plus tard...

Il y a une diversité architecturale fort intéressante dans le quartier Angus et cette école en est un exemple de plus. On peut certainement ne pas aimer chaque bâtiment, mais chacun à sa manière se distingue des autres, en contribuant à enrichir durablement le paysage urbain. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 1 mois plus tard...
  • 3 semaines plus tard...
Il y a 8 heures, Doctor D a dit :

WTF? What is that for? No foundations but a hole for elevators? Can someone enlighten me?

If you look at the previous picture, it's bedrock. So they don't need a foundation. Foundations are dug in Canada/Quebec to get below the the ground which freezes. It has to be because freeze/thaw cycle would crack the walls after a few years. But that only applies to actual soil. Here, the bedrock wont move much, if at all. So a simple slab is enough. Primary schools don't all have a basement. Mine didn't (built in brutalist style from in the 60's). When they built a condo block next to it, I can confirm the bedrock was like 2 feets from the surface. Same as this site. They used dynamite and it was pretty cool for a 7 years old to see this from the edges of the playground.

I suggest this video:

Modifié par Elv13
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, Elv13 said:

If you look at the previous picture, it's bedrock. So they don't need a foundation. Foundations are dug in Canada/Quebec to get below the ground which freezes. It has to be because freeze/thaw cycle would crack the walls after a few years. But that only applies to actual soil. Here, the bedrock wont move much, if at all. So a simple slab is enough. Primary schools don't all have a base. Mine didn't (built in brutalist style from in the 60's). When they built a condo block next to it, I can confirm the bedrock was like 2 feets from the surface. Same as this site. They used dynamite and it was pretty cool for a 7 years old to see this from the edges of the playground.

I suggest this video:

Thanks!

I had no idea they didn't need a foundation for schools.