Emirates finally announced its delivery and route schedule for the new A380s that it's supposed to receive from Airbus later this yea, and New York is on the list of destinations.

Starting on August 1st, the Dubai based airline will fly direct from JFK to Dubai three times a week, with routes to San Francisco and Los Angeles to unfurl later in the year.

While this isn't the first time that the massive aircraft has been seen in the states, it will be the first time that regularly scheduled flights are locked into the US and the first time that commoners like you and I have the chance to fly on the aircraft.

Make sure you keep an eye on the schedule and the airline though. While Airbus has most of the tweaks out of its production line, it's not impossible that they could delay delivery by a touch and throw the late summer schedule into disarray.

I for one am looking forward to flying on Emirates' A380. The combination of one of the best airlines in the planet with one of the most advanced aircraft flying around it is enough to make any airplane nerd giggle. We'll keep you updated on the schedule.

(Courtesy of Gadling)

Au derniere nouvelles la premiere liaison reguliere Paris-Montreal en A380 sera pour l'ete 2010. Il reste plus qu'a attendre 2 petites annees...

d'ici ce temps-là, ils vont avoir abandonné la production parce que c'est un moteur à essence et que ça va couter 50$ le litre hihi

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By caribb
      30 firm and 30 options
      Air Baltic achete 30 CS300
      A great follow up order and product endorsement from Air Baltic. 
    • By caribb
      https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/67271-southwest-airlines-eyes-baltimore-as-canada-tatl-hub
      If this finally becomes a reality i would presume an eventual BWI-YUL route from them. Could be interesting. If successful perhaps Allegiant might move up you YUL to compete directly. 
    • By caribb
      New updates to the Canada-Egypt & Canada-UAE Air agrerments
    • By Mondo_Grosso
      I know that many of you are against Montreal having it's own version of Time Square, but the point of this post is not to debate that. Rather, it's to look at potential locations if we had to chose one.
      Based on examples like Time Square in New York, Shibuya District in Tokyo,  Piccadilly Circus in London, Dundas Square in Toronto, I defined my own criteria as:
      Must be by an open area Must be close to commercial sector Must be accessible by metro At that, I have come up with Square Concordia, this is the area today:

Here is why I think that this is the ideal area:
      There are 3 large blind walls for the screens High density of 24/hour restaurants and bars High levels of foot traffic at all times Proximity to various festivals There are already renovated squares on each side of the street. The pedestrian area could be expanded to the parking lot on the right. There's a back lane in the lower right corner where food trucks could enter by and park in the square. A stage could also be setup there for events like Crescent Street Grand Prix Festival, Fantasia Film Festival, etc.

Highlighted in green are areas where a screen could go, solid green are screens on top of buildings, the yellow is where I would put food trucks or a stage:

These type of squares a great tourist attractions, both Toronto and New York list them at the top of tourist attractions. I also think that having a second public area in the west of downtown for smaller festivals would be a great compliment to the bigger festivals east at Place Des Festivals.
      Let me know what you think, if you have another suggestion, please share. Thank you for reading!

• By Alexcaban
      Time for the A310s to officially leave.
      https://www.transat.com/en-CA/corporate/media/news-releases/124077

adblock_message_value
adblock_accept_btn_value