Aller au contenu

Flair Airlines

Messages recommendés

19 hours ago, SameGuy said:

Nope. AC thought they’d play with the big boys and take a slice while DL was treading cautiously in restarting here, but they simply don’t have the staff to handle their overall expansion. They’re cancelling more of these three than they’re flying, and when they do get them in the air, they are leaving behind full carts of checked bags — often at the flight’s originally-assigned gate after the gate was changed hours earlier. Not trying to diss AC, but what you’re seeing on the news and over social media is the tip of the iceberg. It’s a mess.

@SameGuyI have an upcoming trip to Los Angeles next Sunday. In terms of delays and checked bags problems, do you think 2:00 PM (AC777) is a better choice than 8:00 PM (AC779)?

I don’t work for AC, but in general outbound bags are aren’t really a problem; just be prepared for long delays getting through security and US CBP at pretty much any time of day, and likely delays for inbound aircraft turning around for your outbound flight. For years I’ve been saying it’s always best to take the earlier flight if that’s an option. Delays tend to cascade during the day. After years and years of flying to the West Coast via US hubs — often in first class — and enduring delays on every leg, one of my best experiences was flying direct to Los Angeles on Air Canada, even though I was in the back of economy class! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2022-07-10 at 6:35 PM, SameGuy said:

PS: I wouldn’t fly any airline right now. 

I flew AC to Vegas on June 30 for scheduled departure at 8pm. Got through US customs and security in 15 minutes. I asked where was all the craziness that you hear about in the media. The general response was “now it’s quiet but this morning was crazy”. Must be a one-off experience. The flight was delayed 1.5hrs due to unavailability of cabin cleaning crew. Starbucks closed, Tim Hortons closed, Presse (dep) closed, Lester’s closed, Ryu closed, one hour waiting time at Houston Avenue bar and grill. The restaurant I ended eating at (forget the name) was rolling with one barman, two cooks and one waitress. Long story short: overpriced tickets and poor experience. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 2022-07-10 at 3:29 PM, SameGuy said:

Nope. AC thought they’d play with the big boys and take a slice while DL was treading cautiously in restarting here, but they simply don’t have the staff to handle their overall expansion. They’re cancelling more of these three than they’re flying, and when they do get them in the air, they are leaving behind full carts of checked bags — often at the flight’s originally-assigned gate after the gate was changed hours earlier. Not trying to diss AC, but what you’re seeing on the news and over social media is the tip of the iceberg. It’s a mess.

Ok thanks, yeah I hadn't looked at it from that angle. Perhaps the current AMS Schiphol post-COVID recovery model is an ok way to address these systemic issues, i.e. the government imposes a daily passenger flow-through cap so that the already-stretched resources can better cope. Not good for an airline trying to build back capacity but at least fewer staff get burnt out.

On 2022-07-11 at 8:32 PM, _mtler_ said:

I flew AC to Vegas on June 30 for scheduled departure at 8pm. Got through US customs and security in 15 minutes. I asked where was all the craziness that you hear about in the media. The general response was “now it’s quiet but this morning was crazy”. Must be a one-off experience. The flight was delayed 1.5hrs due to unavailability of cabin cleaning crew. Starbucks closed, Tim Hortons closed, Presse (dep) closed, Lester’s closed, Ryu closed, one hour waiting time at Houston Avenue bar and grill. The restaurant I ended eating at (forget the name) was rolling with one barman, two cooks and one waitress. Long story short: overpriced tickets and poor experience. 

The transborder jetty gets very quiet past 5-6pm. Peak times at US customs and US side security is early in the morning.

I flew to PUJ 10 days ago, and even on the intl/domestic side, check-in and security were dead quiet when I arrived at the airport around 8 am. 

As a rule of thumb, and without going into too much specifics, at YUL, if you're flying to the US, quiet time at the airport is in afternoon and evening.

If you're flying international, the bordello starts at 3 pm. Domestic and international share the same security, so its a bit busy early in the morning, dies down around 8-9 pm, then picks up for the international rush of the evening after 3 pm.

Sundays is the worse, by far. Huge lineup for security at the intl/dom checkpoint last sunday. ziggzaging around the airport, going all the way to the sunwing counters. Was a disaster. There were so many people, there was no room to walk on the departure level.

And you could imagine what the airport road leading to the departure ramp looked like. It was jammed all the way to highway 20 from 2h30, 3pm until 6-7 pm!

So, don't fly on sundays ! If you do, fly in the morning. And if you happen to be the unlucky SOB flying on a sunday, at 8pm, with checked luggage, to an international destination, god help you !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 mois plus tard...
  • 1 mois plus tard...
  • Administrateur
Le 2022-07-09 à 21:49, mont royal a dit :

As of tomorrow, it looks as if Flair is beginning 2 weekly flights to Windsor, Ont. Keep them coming!!

Flair cuts Windsor to Montreal flights, for now

Adelle LoiselleJanuary 24, 2023 12:40pm
Flair Airlines will offer service from Windsor Airport to Tuscon, Arizona beginning November 2022. Photo courtesy Mayor Drew Dilkens/Twitter.

Share via:

Flair Airlines just announced last April it would offer low-cost flights from Windsor to Montreal.

Then in October, it announced it would continue the service through the winter. It said the bi-weekly flights would continue until March 2023.

However, the last flight between the two cities will be on February 6.

A statement from Flair Airlines did not explain the decision but said those who booked a seat on those trips would receive a full refund.

In the meantime, a spokesperson for the airline hinted the pause could be temporary, and Flair would soon offer trips to another destination.

“Flair will also announce a new market from Windsor, which we will announce in due course,” said the statement. “The airline has made the decision to stop its service to Montreal from Windsor for the time being.”

Flair started seasonal flights between Windsor and Tuscon, Arizona and Halifax last summer and said the routes were successful.

Flights to Halifax are available for purchase now, with the first departure scheduled for June.

“Flair is committed to Windsor and travellers in the region,” continued the statement. “We look forward to continuing service from Windsor.”

https://blackburnnews.com/windsor/windsor-news/2023/01/24/flair-cuts-windsor-montreal-flights-now/

• Sad 2

• 1 mois plus tard...
  • Administrateur

Je suis un peu surpris de voir Flair voler vers Orlando et FLL à partir d'Ottawa et pas de Montréal. La différence de prix entre Ottawa-SFB et YUL-MCO est du simple au triple pour les mêmes dates....

• 2 mois plus tard...
On 2023-03-05 at 1:59 PM, mtlurb said:

Je suis un peu surpris de voir Flair voler vers Orlando et FLL à partir d'Ottawa et pas de Montréal. La différence de prix entre Ottawa-SFB et YUL-MCO est du simple au triple pour les mêmes dates....

Interesting. Flair just announced that they will begin daily flights from YUL to both Ft Lauderdale and Orlando Sanford in October. You seem to have a lot of influence!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1