Aller au contenu

Odea - 25 étages

GDS

Messages recommendés

• Réponses 878
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Just kidding btw but I do have to disagree with you. While I think Montréal has some really beautiful old buildings and certain buildings from the brutalist era that are timeless (like certain metro ceilings/atrium), I don't think the generic boxes coming up everywhere these days are the best potential such a creative city can put out. Just my opinion anyway. To each his own. 

• Like 3

Il y a 4 heures, BLM.tank a dit :

Merci énormément de m'avoir appris ceci. 

I was talking to a friend in Singapore. They also build relatively boxy buildings but they find ways to make it interesting. Just hope we can do the same with some lighting or perhaps a nice "crown" structure to beautify it. 

7804ca226ff264f5657c2716ff99c531.jpg

1932052.jpg

you30z3cxdpz.jpg

2000301.jpg

Screenshot_20200928-120558_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200928-124526_Gallery.jpg

Love those but it is true we lack land for those types of building, plus we don't have the climate to sustain vegetation on the facades all year long.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rocco said:

Tous ces projets sont franchement hideux et disproportionnés. Finalement, je suis ben content d'habiter à Montréal. 

That made me laugh right out loud! 

À chacun son pizzazzz. Or whatever.

• Like 1

Le 2020-09-28 à 16:57, louisleonardo a dit :

Love those but it is true we lack land for those types of building, plus we don't have the climate to sustain vegetation on the facades all year long.

It's true that we lack the space downtown, but only one of those projects (Oasia) is in Singapore's CBD. The rest are in more outlying areas equivalent to Nun's Island or Laval. We don't have a shortage of space for towers, we just have too many suburban areas zoned for single family housing :)

• Like 2

Even close to the CBD (downtown), there is a huge variety of lot size and density or ratio in Singapore. On top of that there is some varied topography to add interest and honestly very few areas feel like “canyons.” Some of the HDB (housing) estates are a bit cookie-cutter and monotonous, but commercial and retail properties are usually much more interesting and individualistic. 

• 3 mois plus tard...