Jump to content

Board of Trade (Vieux-Montréal)


Rocco
 Share

Recommended Posts

Pinned posts

Rénovation majeure un peu passée sous le radar, le majestueux édifice Board of Trade, rue du Saint-Sacrement dans le Vieux-Montréal. L'intérieur a été "gutté" à 100% et on remplace également toutes les fenêtres.

20210429_173839.jpg

20210429_173921.jpg

20210429_173949.jpg

20210429_173956.jpg

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Doctor D said:

Beautiful building. Residential or offices? Any more information?

Offices. Nothing more for now but its a huge reno. The whole building is being refurbished totally. Its a jewel of a building, mostly hidden from sight as its main façade is on a tiny street.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

L'histoire du site: un premier édifice est construit en 1893 par le Board of Trade. Un gigantesque incendie le détruit en 1901. L'édifice est reconstruit sur les anciennes fondations, dans un style plus classique. C'est l'édifice qui est sur le site encore aujourd'hui. Le Board of Trade y loge ainsi que plusieurs locataires. Pendant plus de 20 ans, jusque dans les années 1920, il s'agit du plus gros édifice du Vieux-Montréal. Le Board of Trade déménage en 1967, mais l'édifice demeure un édifice à bureau. Tous les locataires quittent finalement l'édifice pour une réfection totale en 2020-2021. Photos: 1) premier édifice de 1893, 2) ce même édifice incendié en 1901, 3) le nouvel édifice de 1903 en lieu et place de l'ancien, qui demeure encore aujourd'hui.

0040-30-2107-00-12.jpg

0040-30-2107-00-14.jpg

0040-30-2107-00-13.jpg

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dommage que l'ancienne ''version'' du bâtiment aie brulée, les fenêtres y étaient beaucoup plus grande et le bâtiment avait un style un peu moins austère. Je suis curieux de savoir à quoi va ressembler l'intérieur et si des anciennes parties du décors y sont encore présentes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Rocco said:

The history of the site: a first building was built in 1893 by the Board of Trade. A gigantic fire destroyed it in 1901. The building was rebuilt on the old foundations, in a more classical style. It is the building which is still on the site today. The Board of Trade accommodates there as well as several tenants. For more than 20 years, until the 1920s, it was the largest building in Old Montreal. The Board of Trade moved in 1967, but the building remained an office building. All the tenants finally leave the building for a total renovation in 2020-2021. Photos: 1) first building from 1893, 2) the same building burnt down in 1901, 3) the new building from 1903 in place of the old one, which still remains today.

 

 

 

Thank you for the detailed research and illustrations.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...
adblock_message_value
adblock_accept_btn_value