Aller au contenu

PPU du secteur Rockland

GDS

Messages recommendés

On 2020-11-16 at 8:39 PM, SameGuy said:

LOL la smatte n’existe plus.

https://www.mercedes-benz.ca/en/smart

😎

(proprio d’une cabrio 2006 depuis 14 ans)

I believe I was one of the 1st people in Canada to get it when it came out in 2004. It was a horrible car at that. I had so many transmission issues. 

Anyways, it is a great idea on TMR part. More people = more revenue. Hopefully the people who move there, wont want to use their car, because traffic will be even more of pain.

Who knows in the next 10-15 years, if this does get built, if everyone will still be doing work from home or a hybrid work from home + office or back to the office full time.

• Like 1

J'aime comment les urbanistes et ville se permettent de démolir des bâtiment existants pour projeter des visions! Il ne s'agit pas seulement d'enlever le stationnement à étage, mais aussi une partie du centre d'achat pour pouvoir continuer l'avenue Brittany vers l'est.

• Like 1

• Administrateur
1 hour ago, WestAust said:

J'aime comment les urbanistes et ville se permettent de démolir des bâtiment existants pour projeter des visions! Il ne s'agit pas seulement d'enlever le stationnement à étage, mais aussi une partie du centre d'achat pour pouvoir continuer l'avenue Brittany vers l'est.

T'as jamais entendu du jeu sim city? lol

3 hours ago, jesseps said:

I believe I was one of the 1st people in Canada to get it when it came out in 2004. It was a horrible car at that. I had so many transmission issues.

[off topic] LOL yeah. Least reliable car I’ve owned, and I’ve owned a classic Alfa Romeo! My wife has always hated it. My neighbour was the service department foreman at MB West Island so I managed to maximize the warranty, but it needed repairs several times a year. I ended up buying a clone MB Star machine and learning to do all my own work on it if possible, but now it needs a fuel pump and turbo and I just can’t afford spending more. It’s been parked for two years. But when it’s running, it sure is fun. I don’t the think I’d have ever bought it without the cabrio option though.

Also, back on topic, I expect all mall owners will eventually look at redevelopment of their properties into multipurpose communities, it only makes sense. Every time I drive by a sad little shopping centre or strip mall, I consider its location and transit access, and envision what it might be like in the future. 

• Like 1

Le 2020-11-18 à 11:56, WestAust a dit :

Whew… there’s no demolition notice… it’s just a proposition. TMR knows that’s the parkade is reaching end of life and that Cominar is considering redeveloping the area. That segment is still considered private in program anyway.

• Like 1

• 2 semaines plus tard...

https://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/as-opposition-mounts-t-m-r-mayor-ready-to-revise-rockland-development-plan

As opposition mounts, T.M.R. mayor ready to revise Rockland development plan.

A petition launched by T.M.R. resident Gerry Apostolatos two weeks ago to scrap the plan and redo the process with public input has reached 1,200 signatures.Town of Mount Royal has extended its virtual public consultation on a 20-year redevelopment plan for the area around Rockland shopping centre just as opposition to the proposal mounts. T.M.R. announced on Friday that it has moved the deadline for written comments on the Rockland sector special planning program, known by its acronym in French as a PPU, from Monday to Jan. 15.

The extension came as a petition launched by a T.M.R. resident two weeks ago to scrap the plan and redo the process with public input reached 1,200 signatures. The town has 21,000 residents. “What is being proposed here is a PPU which will result in a billion-dollar city within T.M.R. and which adds thousands of residents,” said Gerry Apostolatos, who said it’s the first petition he has ever initiated. The new development guidelines for the sector would allow high-density housing construction, including high-rises, bring more cars to the already congested area and change the characteristics of the town that was built as a ‘garden city’, he said.

“Like most residents, I was taken aback that T.M.R. council would propose such a substantial change to our urban plan in the middle of a pandemic using this legal tool (the PPU), which doesn’t allow for a referendum.” Apostolatos said he was in favour of the town’s controversial project to build a new sports centre, but now doubts it will accommodate a population explosion. As well, a new school is supposed to be built in T.M.R., but the plan is based on current needs, he said. As Mayor Philippe Roy explained in October, the Rockland redesign is the first of four PPUs that are in the offing for the entrances to T.M.R. Separate special planning programs will be presented for the area around Beaumont shopping centre near Jean-Talon St. W., for Lucerne Rd. near the Metropolitan Expressway and for Jean-Talon St. at Laird Blvd., near Côte-des-Neiges Rd.

Is anyone even surprise here?

T.M.R petition state that the PPU would "change the characteristics of the town that was built as a ‘garden city’"

I can't make that sh*t up😂

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Julpyz said:

https://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/as-opposition-mounts-t-m-r-mayor-ready-to-revise-rockland-development-plan

As opposition mounts, T.M.R. mayor ready to revise Rockland development plan.

A petition launched by T.M.R. resident Gerry Apostolatos two weeks ago to scrap the plan and redo the process with public input has reached 1,200 signatures.Town of Mount Royal has extended its virtual public consultation on a 20-year redevelopment plan for the area around Rockland shopping centre just as opposition to the proposal mounts. T.M.R. announced on Friday that it has moved the deadline for written comments on the Rockland sector special planning program, known by its acronym in French as a PPU, from Monday to Jan. 15.

The extension came as a petition launched by a T.M.R. resident two weeks ago to scrap the plan and redo the process with public input reached 1,200 signatures. The town has 21,000 residents. “What is being proposed here is a PPU which will result in a billion-dollar city within T.M.R. and which adds thousands of residents,” said Gerry Apostolatos, who said it’s the first petition he has ever initiated. The new development guidelines for the sector would allow high-density housing construction, including high-rises, bring more cars to the already congested area and change the characteristics of the town that was built as a ‘garden city’, he said.

“Like most residents, I was taken aback that T.M.R. council would propose such a substantial change to our urban plan in the middle of a pandemic using this legal tool (the PPU), which doesn’t allow for a referendum.” Apostolatos said he was in favour of the town’s controversial project to build a new sports centre, but now doubts it will accommodate a population explosion. As well, a new school is supposed to be built in T.M.R., but the plan is based on current needs, he said. As Mayor Philippe Roy explained in October, the Rockland redesign is the first of four PPUs that are in the offing for the entrances to T.M.R. Separate special planning programs will be presented for the area around Beaumont shopping centre near Jean-Talon St. W., for Lucerne Rd. near the Metropolitan Expressway and for Jean-Talon St. at Laird Blvd., near Côte-des-Neiges Rd.

Is anyone even surprise here?

T.M.R petition state that the PPU would "change the characteristics of the town that was built as a ‘garden city’"

I can't make that sh*t up😂

They have an issue with this redevelopment, but are okay with Project Royalmount. I guess, where Royalmount is situated, isn't an important part of TMR.

4 minutes ago, Kodun said:

They shall just build a couple skyscrappers on that soon-to-be-demolished-anyways multi-level parking and also the Esso. Just not sure how high it could go with the airplane passage tho.

Worst case, we just move the planes higher too.🤷‍♂️😅

• Like 1