Aller au contenu

COVID-19: L'effet sur l'économie et sur l'immobilier à Montréal

Rocco

Messages recommendés

Il y a 2 heures, p_xavier a dit :

Dû aux restrictions d'offre principalement.  Le % d'unifamiliales va continuer de dimunuer avec les nouvelles constructions pour accommoder les nouveaux arrivants.

D'où mon commentaire sur l'immigration et la qualité de vie. On n'aurait principalement pas d'étalement urbain si la population n'augmenterait pas. Bref c'est boboche comme raisonnement j'en conviens mais le lien est là pareil. Plus la population augmente, moins de maisons unifamiliales sont disponibles en %.  Hausse de prix car les gens veulent des unifamiliales, phénomène dans les grandes villes Vancouver et Toronto avec une haute immigration. Donc je me demandais s'il y avait des études sur le sujet.  

On peut alors essayer de gérer la décroissance de la population a la japonaise. Population vieillisante et  immigration presque nulle.

Pas sure que ce soit une bonne idée. 

1 hour ago, andre md said:

On peut alors essayer de gérer la décroissance de la population a la japonaise. Population vieillisante et  immigration presque nulle.

Pas sure que ce soit une bonne idée. 

Quand je disais Ponzi Scheme, c'est qu'une bonne partie de l'économie (surtout au BC à 18%) est pour la construction et l'immoblier, donc l'immigration est un facteur important.  Un moment donné on ne peut pas prétendre être contre l'étalement urbain en continuant d'avoir un taux d'immigration important, il faut loger ces gens à quelque part. Même avec de la densification, c'est quasi-impossible.

il y a 41 minutes, p_xavier a dit :

Quand je disais Ponzi Scheme, c'est qu'une bonne partie de l'économie (surtout au BC à 18%) est pour la construction et l'immoblier, donc l'immigration est un facteur important.  Un moment donné on ne peut pas prétendre être contre l'étalement urbain en continuant d'avoir un taux d'immigration important, il faut loger ces gens à quelque part. Même avec de la densification, c'est quasi-impossible.

A un moment donné cela coutait presque le meme prix une unifamiliale qu'un condo. Ce n'est pas logique. Maintenant on voit que les unifamilial augmente plus vite. Et je crois que c'est normal qu.une habitation qui necessite plus de materiaux et de terrain soit plus chere.

Les prix a la hausse vont surement freiner l'achat de bungalow.

Et tu pourras aller plus loin mais ton bungalow neuf ne te couteras pas beaucoup moins cher a part le cout du terrain.

Le taux de chômage continue de baisser au Canada à 7,5 % en mars et demeure stable à 6,4 % au Québec.

À Montréal, le chômage demeure élevé à 8,3 %, mais la région est toujours en zone rouge.

Au Canada c'est moins de deux points de plus que le taux de chômage d'avant la pandémie. Ce taux n'a rien de catastrophique et baisse mois après mois.

Il y a 296 000 emplois à rattraper par rapport à la situation d'avant la pandémie - 50 % de moins d'emplois perdus par rapport au plus fort de la crise, même si on est dans une troisième vague. C'est rattrapable. En combien de temps ? 6 mois ? Un an ? Je pense qu'au début de 2022, on sera revenu à un taux de chômage de moins de 6 % au Canada.

https://www.lapresse.ca/affaires/economie/2021-04-09/canada/l-emploi-s-accelere-le-chomage-recule.php

• 2 semaines plus tard...

https://com.apciq.ca/sam/pdf/bar/2021/202101-bar-mtl-en.pdf

Very interesting to see the sales and price statistics published for the 1st quarter in Montreal. In the news, they constantly scream that condo's are flooding the market in the montreal area. Although I agree that the number of listings for condo's has tremendously increased over the last year, what is interesting to see is that the sales have more than over compensated. Very few inventory of houses hence first time buyers are rushing to buy condo's at all time low interest rates. This has caused the price of condos to skyrocket. For instance, in Ville Marie, the median condo price is over 500k. Although some bigger units might have seen some setback, it is going much better than initially anticipated. 

For example, in Griffintown, prices have increased 12% over the last 12 months and 5% this year alone. 

Curious to hear your feedbacks and your predictions about the montreal condo market.

Modifié par MtlReal

Il y a 7 heures, MtlReal a dit :

https://com.apciq.ca/sam/pdf/bar/2021/202101-bar-mtl-en.pdf

Very interesting to see the sales and price statistics published for the 1st quarter in Montreal. In the news, they constantly scream that condo's are flooding the market in the montreal area. Although I agree that the number of listings for condo's has tremendously increased over the last year, what is interesting to see is that the sales have more than over compensated. Very few inventory of houses hence first time buyers are rushing to buy condo's at all time low interest rates. This has caused the price of condos to skyrocket. For instance, in Ville Marie, the median condo price is over 500k. Although some bigger units might have seen some setback, it is going much better than initially anticipated. 

For example, in Griffintown, prices have increased 12% over the last 12 months and 5% this year alone. 

Curious to hear your feedbacks and your predictions about the montreal condo market.

Montreal is a very resilient city and the condo market will follow the same road. I don't know about the stats but all I can say about the Griffintown, is that there is a lot of movement, in and out. It's a very young and mobile clientele but there doesn't seem to be an end to the people moving in or that are looking for something in the area.  

• Like 1

For the fun of it, I have been checking the prices of homes for sale around my area in the West Island, versus their evaluation from the city, people are asking for 50% to 80% more. Which I think is insane!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jesseps said:

For the fun of it, I have been checking the prices of homes for sale around my area in the West Island, versus their evaluation from the city, people are asking for 50% to 80% more. Which I think is insane!

Lol I would not judge the market based on the city’s evaluation... it has always been lower. 

il y a 44 minutes, victoire29 a dit :

Lol I would not judge the market based on the city’s evaluation... it has always been lower. 

Il y a 2 heures, jesseps a dit :

The proper use of English language terminology should by itself clarify this apparent discrepancy:

- assessed value:  value placed on a property for taxation purposes;

appraised value:  a professional judgement of a property's worth

- asking price: self-explanatory, but should not be too different from the appraised value (because lenders rely on appraised value);

- market price: current price at which a good (e.g. a house) can be purchased or sold; this may bear no relationship to the assessed value; as a prospective purchaser, you should rather look at recent transactions in the neighborhood.

Au Québec en français, on utilise les termes "évaluation foncière", qui correspond à l'anglais "assessed value" et le terme "évaluation marchande de la propriété" qui se rapproche de l'anglais "market price" et plus formellement de "appraised value" quand c'est fait par un professionnel.

Increasingly, I find that the English language as written and spoken in Montreal  incorporates French terms which may also exist in English, but with a (slightly or occasionnaly vastly) different meaning -- the word "evaluation" being a case in point.  But console yourself:  English as spoken in Brussels is often unintelligible for unilingual British ears, same with English written in Geneva, which, while gramatically "correct", is a pain to read unless you also master French grammar. 

And of  course Québécois French has adopted (and adapted as well) many English words.  Now, amusingly it's the Frenchmen across the Atlantic who are desperate to include as many English words as possible in their conversation, but with a disastrous pronounciation though.  

Who cares? -- For day to day life, it does not matter, it can even be fun.  For important business transactions, English is the lingua franca of our time, so no problem again.  It's when you get into complex legal texts (e.g. the Constitution) or international treaties,  where more than one language  (could be many) are official, that (subsequent) problems of interpretation may (and do!) arise. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, victoire29 said:

I know that, but i never seen homes with asking over 80%. I normally saw them between 25-40%.