Le Sherbrooke - 25 étages

SonnyT31

Messages recommendés

• Réponses 561
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

il y a 54 minutes, Rocco a dit :

Qui parle de raser le Grosvenor? On veut juste lui ajouter une Gros(se) tour par dessus.

Ah OK,  genre on garde les façades sur Sherbrooke et Guy et on construit en arrière et au-dessus ?

Sincèrement, ça ne me séduit pas beaucoup plus car j'essaie de trouver un autre immeuble de Montréal avec une cour intérieur parfaitement carrée au centre et de mémoire je n'en vois pas d'autre. 

• Like 1

That makes it distinctive, but is it a benefit? Like, it does nothing for me, and if the rental shortages go back to 2019 levels then a 500-unit rental building is better than a 73-unit building every day of the week.

Il y a 7 heures, yarabundi a dit :

Je ne peux même pas croire que Maurice «Mom» Boucher fait partie de cette liste !! :duh:

Est-ce que ça te rassure de savoir que Mado Lamothe s'y trouve aussi ? :silly:

De plus les Villeneuve n'ont pas d'affaire dans cette liste car père et fils sont nés à Saint-Jean-sur-le-Richelieu. 

The building on Guy with the ugly  north facing concrete face is 2250 Guy  Street - called "The Guy Apartments". Someone on this site who knows the owner of 2250 Guy should write /call them with the idea of a mural. The owners could increase the value of their property greatly, if the mural  idea  goes viral,  with a competition for submissions. This is a good example of how this site  can create conditions that make the city look more attractive and even more of a  "go-to city".   

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, geraldshaw said:

The building on Guy with the ugly  north facing concrete face is 2250 Guy  Street - called "The Guy Apartments". Someone on this site who knows the owner of 2250 Guy should write /call them with the idea of a mural. The owners could increase the value of their property greatly, if the mural  idea  goes viral,  with a competition for submissions. This is a good example of how this site  can create conditions that make the city look more attractive and even more of a  "go-to city".   

I have pressed the city to collab with landlords (esp in the Western downtown area) to do this, but it is very expensive. They'll have to repair the concrete and a large wall like that would cost $50K plus. But I think if the government of Quebec steps in and offers tax credits for repairs/adding art, it'll be a great way to revitalise and beautify downtown and it will get more people to come. 

1 hour ago, Djentmaster001 said:

I have pressed the city to collab with landlords (esp in the Western downtown area) to do this, but it is very expensive. They'll have to repair the concrete and a large wall like that would cost $50K plus. But I think if the government of Quebec steps in and offers tax credits for repairs/adding art, it'll be a great way to revitalise and beautify downtown and it will get more people to come. 

The concrete has already been fully repaired on this tower, less than 3 years ago. We can clearly see in person all the "patches".

5 minutes ago, Rocco said:

The concrete has already been fully repaired on this tower, less than 3 years ago. We can clearly see in person all the "patches".

2250 Guy is owned by CAPREIT, is a  huge REIT  - stock market capitalization on the stock exchange is over $ 8 billion. Several buildings in Montreal.

https://www.caprent.com/apartments-for-rent/montreal-qc/

I wrote them with the idea of a mural competition for the north  face of 2250 Guy  just now.