Aller au contenu

Trottinettes et vélos libre-service sans ancrage

acpnc

Messages recommendés

Il y en a eu une dans notre lobby pendant au moins 45 minutes (entre le moment que le voisin a publié la photo et le moment que j'ai checké dans l'appli pour voir si elle était encore là)
Et il y a 0 place désignée pour les Lime dans Griffintown, car l'arrondissement ne le a pas encore permises. 🤦‍♀️

image.png

29 minutes ago, ScarletCoral said:

Il y en a eu une dans notre lobby pendant au moins 45 minutes (entre le moment que le voisin a publié la photo et le moment que j'ai checké dans l'appli pour voir si elle était encore là)
Et il y a 0 place désignée pour les Lime dans Griffintown, car l'arrondissement ne le a pas encore permises. 🤦‍♀️

image.png

Encore chanceux qu'il a pu se faufiler en trotinette dans les rues bosselées et en construction de Griffintown.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ScarletCoral said:

image.png

Et maintenant le Métro!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

https://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/brownstein-e-scooter-users-need-more-rules-for-the-road

Brownstein: E-scooter users need more rules for the road

Scooters, unmonitored, bring a whole new dimension to our street woes.

BILL BROWNSTEIN, MONTREAL GAZETTE

Updated: August 27, 2019

There will be blood on our streets, unless far greater controls are imposed on the use of the Lime e-scooters. Montreal may be many things, but it is not a city where most of the residents are yet fully evolved in dealing with the rules of the road.

And this is before the intro of e-scooters.

Scooters, unmonitored, bring a whole new dimension to our street woes. You have to know how to stay balanced to ride a bike, otherwise you wouldn’t be cruising on city cycle lanes. The same is not the case for scooter riders. There are a different set of coordination skills involved here, but too many would-be riders aren’t clear on that concept.

For starters, let’s just assume that if one were unable to handle a non-motorized scooter as a nine-year-old, then the odds of staying balanced on a motorized scooter, with speeds up to 20 km/hour, as a 39 or 59-year-old are slim to none. And yet, not even two weeks after the Lime service was launched, our city streets, bike lanes and sidewalks have fast become populated with alleged grown-ups on motorized e-scooters with no clue what they’re doing. And though the rule is that the e-scooters are to be used solely on bike lanes, that has hardly been the case thus far.

Worse still, almost none of these e-asy riders are wearing helmets — in spite of the prospect of a $108-ticket for failure to protect one’s noggin. In fact, along with other observers, I have yet to notice any scooter rider sporting a helmet.

It’s frightening to observe neophyte operators trying to stop at lights or intersections — those who bother to try, that is. As others no doubt have seen, I’ve also witnessed out-of-control scooter operators ramming into bikes, pedestrians and other out-of-control scooter operators. I have seen some near misses between scooters and cars, but, mercifully, no collisions. Not yet. But one wouldn’t want to wager against that occurrence.

Alas, constructive measures can be taken to curtail tragedy from happening. For starters, rather than picking up Lime scooters from random points around town, would-be operators could go to a handful of spots around the city which would serve as the only stockyards for these vehicles.

But before riders can try to take off on their scooters, there would be several monitors on site to test the prospective riders to see if they could handle their vehicles in traffic. Those who fail to pass the test are denied the ride.

And, oh yes, those who don’t show up with helmets are also denied the ride.

It’s not just chaos on the bike lanes. It’s also chaos for parking with scooters being strewn everywhere — and not in the designated parking spots.

The city of Montreal had approved permits for Lime, the U.S.-based vehicle-sharing company, to bring up to 430 e-scooters here. They were to be available at 239 designated parking spots around the city.

Swell. But, evidently, 239 spots aren’t sufficient. I’ve seen the scooters next to fire hydrants, park benches and trees.

The city sought to insure that users parked properly and knew how to operate the scooters. It also sought to impose a helmet rule.

Talk is cheap. Enforcement is expensive. And danger lurks.

The good news is this is but a pilot-project, ending Nov. 15. Should the city wish to bring back the e-scooters next year, perhaps it would be prudent to have the Lime squad hire monitors at a few designated spots in the future.

Lime could well balk at the cost factor. Too bad. From the city’s point of view, that is a small price to pay to ensure our streets don’t turn a colour quite a bit more grisly than Lime.

AT A GLANCE

Should you wish to test your mettle on an e-scooter: they cost $1 to unlock, through the Lime smartphone app, and 30 cents a minute to rent. That works out to $9 for a half-hour.

-----------

Chronique de Lise Ravary

https://montrealgazette.com/opinion/columnists/lise-ravary-my-trial-run-on-a-lime-e-scooter

Lise Ravary: My trial run on a Lime e-scooter

Being an early adopter by nature, I could not wait to try those thingamabobs making headlines around the world for all the wrong reasons.

LISE RAVARY, SPECIAL TO MONTREAL GAZETTE

Updated: August 26, 2019

One strange thought came to my mind as I stepped on the Lime e-scooter rental in the alley behind the Royal Bank at the corner of Sherbrooke St. and Victoria Ave. in Westmount: “Quebec harnessed the mighty rivers of the north so we can ride a electric scooter to work?”

Bit of a waste, non? I suppose not, when societies struggle to replace fossil-fuel fed vehicles with cleaner, cheaper ways of getting about. Because they harnessed mighty rivers, Quebecers have abundant and clean energy at their fingertips. For people who live in places where electricity is generated by coal, natural gas or diesel, it’s harder to see the benefits of electric vehicles.

Being an early adopter by nature, I could not wait to try those thingamabobs making headlines around the world for all the wrong reasons. They have turned Paris into a crash-and-toss jungle with 30,000 rides daily, according to Wired. Every day, rental scooters and bikes are tossed into the Seine.

Pedestrians are killed by riders and riders are killed by drivers and a woman died when she fell off the e-scooter she was riding in a bike lane.

Last month, a 30-year-old man took a scooter on the highway near Versailles — that is illegal, of course — in the fast lane, to boot. He was killed. His scooter was found 1,200 feet away. Even the driver of the car was badly injured.

French police specified the rider was not wearing a helmet.

For my trial run, I wore the helmet I normally wear to ride my Harley-Davidson, which is illegal, since the law specifies a bike helmet. But what the heck, try to arrest me when I’m on a roll, so to speak.

Anxious and afraid to look foolish, I asked my daughter Devon to join me. Always a good idea to include adult children in such an experiment.

My plan was simple: be a real rider, without asking the PR people to set things up. Off we went to locate, via Lime’s app, a couple of machines. We found two on Sherbrooke, leaning illegally against the bank’s wall on Victoria.

It’s dead easy to figure out how they work, but not so easy to get going on the first try.

On my way to Westmount that day, I had seen a young man — without a helmet — riding on the bicycle path along de Maisonneuve Blvd. He was all over the place. I wobbled, too, at first. These things have small wheels. They are unstable. I would not want to hit a pothole.

Besides, their size and proportions suggest they were designed for men. Not 5’5’’ women. They don’t have mirrors or turn signals. How anyone figures it’s safe to ride one in the street is beyond me.

I started heading out to Sherbrooke Street. It was packed. I decided to stick to the lane.

I hated it. These contraptions cannot be considered safe at any speed, period. Not in Montreal.

Bike paths will soon overflow with bikes, e-bikes, scooters, e-scooters, mopeds, electric motorcycles, wheelchairs, mobility scooters, in-line skates, skateboards, hoverboards, golf carts (yep) and pedestrians. I stopped using bike paths years ago because of the presence of guys who think they are competing in the Tour de France.

I’ve seen many e-scooters around town, but not a single helmet. I met a family of Chinese tourists riding the wrong way down on Mansfield St. I also came across two people on one scooter, which is illegal. I’ve seen scooters left against trees, walls and lying down on sidewalks. The parking spots are rare and hard to spot.

The launch is not going well. The city is not pleased and hopes Lime will change its ways.

Lime is not the problem, we are. Montrealers are not disciplined enough to make riding electric scooters a safe experience for all.

J etais a Lyon en France qui comme à Paris a devellopper un systeme de libre service de trotiinettes.  Evidement un outil de plus pour se deplacer, c est tres bien mais alors quel bordel!! Des trottinettes partout, a terre dans la rue, sur les trottoirs etc... le chaos avec utilisateurs peu enclin a faire attention, dangereux pour les pietons qui n entendant pas arriver ces bolides qui depassesnt les 20 kilometres/h. Je sais que l interet est de pouvoir en louer une n importe ou en ville mais du a l irrespect total de beaucoup d utilisateur, il,faudrait tels que les velos que les trotinettes soient rendus a des stations specifiques et ca resoudrait pas mal de probleme.

a Marseille, les loueurs paient des preposes pour allés les dhercher au fond de l'eau dans le port.... pas croyable

il y a 25 minutes, Matt a dit :

J etais a Lyon en France qui comme à Paris a devellopper un systeme de libre service de trotiinettes.  Evidement un outil de plus pour se deplacer, c est tres bien mais alors quel bordel!! Des trottinettes partout, a terre dans la rue, sur les trottoirs etc... le chaos avec utilisateurs peu enclin a faire attention, dangereux pour les pietons qui n entendant pas arriver ces bolides qui depassesnt les 20 kilometres/h. Je sais que l interet est de pouvoir en louer une n importe ou en ville mais du a l irrespect total de beaucoup d utilisateur, il,faudrait tels que les velos que les trotinettes soient rendus a des stations specifiques et ca resoudrait pas mal de probleme.

a Marseille, les loueurs paient des preposes pour allés les dhercher au fond de l'eau dans le port.... pas croyable

En fait, ce sont des plongueurs BÉNÉVOLES qui vont les chercher au fond de l'eau... pas les exploitants ni la Ville,  mais des bénévoles

il y a une heure, ScarletCoral a dit :

En fait, ce sont des plongueurs BÉNÉVOLES qui vont les chercher au fond de l'eau... pas les exploitants ni la Ville,  mais des bénévoles

Il n y a pas que des bénévoles qui font cette necessaire besogne .les compagnies exploitantes doivent payer des employes pour cela. La mairie de Marseille les y oblige.