Aller au contenu

Galdin Condominium - 7, 7, 7 et 5 étages

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

il y a une heure, onfence a dit :

Oui, c'est ça.  Excusez mon français, alors 'jardins' et 'parc' c'est pas la même chose?  Donc, le parc est protégé et la vue à NE/E/SE sont protégés aussi? 

jardin = garden

parc = park

There's a water retention basin under the park to prevent water from overflowing into the canal in case of storms. I doubt the city will sell that lot.

à l’instant, ScarletCoral a dit :

jardin = garden

parc = park

There's a water retention basin under the park to prevent water from overflowing into the canal in case of storms. I doubt the city will sell that lot.

D'accord.  PCQ en anglais les deux mots sont semble interchangeable.

il y a 10 minutes, onfence a dit :

D'accord.  PCQ en anglais les deux mots sont semble interchangeable.

Even in English there's a distinction. Garden is a space designed primarily to contemplate nature, and it tends to be more actively managed in terms of plantings and maintenance. Whereas a park is a more general green space, often with a recreational element – space for playing sports, etc.

• Like 4

à l’instant, Kilgore Trout a dit :

Even in English there's a distinction. Garden is a space designed primarily to contemplate nature, and it tends to be more actively managed in terms of plantings and maintenance. Whereas a park is a more general green space, often with a recreational element – space for playing sports, etc.

That's true, but sometimes the planners/designers? don't adhere to these proper definitions.

Anyway, it seems that Galdin to its east and Noca to its west has these 'protected areas', so that's good to know their views won't be changed with new buildings popping up in the future.

A "garden" is defined in the Oxford English Dictionary as an "enclosed piece of ground devoted to the cultivation of flowers, fruit or vegetables". 

Park: "a large public garden or area of land used for recreation". 

il y a une heure, onfence a dit :

Well, I guess the Boston Bruins better move out, they've been skating on cultivated greenery all this time!  Also, the name of this project.

It's ok, the Boston Bruins are a bunch of cucumbers...   🥒  

:silly:      

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Did  anyone forget the Maple Leafs Gardens ?  --selling white maple syrup in a blue bottle?  (rather tasteless, except it was a bestseller back in 1967)...  Otherwise, the eponymous NHL team played/plays against the equally hated (?) Little Bears and the beloved CH, among others.

And what about Covent Garden , a district  in London UK?  In its early days in the 17th century, they might have sold some cucumbers,  but not white maple syrup.  Today, it is a popular tourist site.

But there is more, much more about "garden" when coupled with "Galdin".  In phonetics, "r" and "l" are  sometimes confused/interchangeable (not always, depending on the language and regional variations).  The sound "r" is among the most difficult to pronounce, notably for babies.  Everybody can think of examples in english, but also consider Ristigouche/Listuguj.   To me, "Galdin" sounds dangerously close to "garden".  What an incredible coincidence!  Imagine hearing: "I reside at the Galden, facing the galden" ...Alles klar, my friend, but perhaps you should have chosen a unit on the opposite side.

• Like 1

il y a 22 minutes, Né entre les rapides a dit :

Did  anyone forget the Maple Leafs Gardens ?  --selling white maple syrup in a blue bottle?  (rather tasteless, except it was a bestseller back in 1967)...  Otherwise, the eponymous NHL team played/plays against the equally hated (?) Little Bears and the beloved CH, among others.

And what about Covent Garden , a district  in London UK?  In its early days in the 17th century, they might have sold some cucumbers,  but not white maple syrup.  Today, it is a popular tourist site.

But there is more, much more about "garden" when coupled with "Galdin".  In phonetics, "r" and "l" are  sometimes confused/interchangeable (not always, depending on the language and regional variations).  The sound "r" is among the most difficult to pronounce, notably for babies.  Everybody can think of examples in english, but also consider Ristigouche/Listuguj.   To me, "Galdin" sounds dangerously close to "garden".  What an incredible coincidence!  Imagine hearing: "I reside at the Galden, facing the galden" ...Alles klar, my friend, but perhaps you should have chosen a unit on the opposite side.

Tx, and as you probably know from their website, supposedly Galdín is Gaelic for 'garden'.  Anyway, I didn't expect those other posters to be such sticklers for prose lol.