Aviation - Actualités générales

acpnc

On 2021-09-08 at 9:36 PM, SKYMTL said:

The loss of Azores Air is a really bummer for me.  I took the direct YUL to PDL flight in 2019 and the week we spent in the Azores was amazing.  It was also nice to have a free stopover service to LIS.  

Well, maybe a glimmer of hope.

PDL-YUL-PDL is showing in their flight schedule for next summer, as of June 4, 2022.

2x weekly service, tuesdays and saturdays.

Subject to change, of course. And still not bookable though. Hopefully that will change.

Montreal isn't showing in their destination list though.

As i said, last time Azores flew to YUL, was in summer 2019. Sept 6, 2019, to be exact. Love flightaware for that !

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/RZO327

5 hours ago, thenoflyzone said:

PDL-YUL-PDL is showing in their flight schedule for next summer, as of June 4, 2022.

Subject to change, of course. And still not bookable though. Hopefully that will change.

As i said, last time Azores flew to YUL, was in summer 2019. Sept 6, 2019, to be exact. Love flightaware for that !

Wow that would be awesome news! My dad's side is from Santa Maria and I was planning to visit in August. 

Thanks for the info :) 

Une bonne nouvelle à confirmer.

With New York, Washington, Chicago, Bangkok, Shanghai, Tokyo, Tel Aviv and, starting from October, Montreal, Austrian Airlines also has long-haul destinations for business travellers in its flight program.

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/lufthansa-group/austrian-airlines/austrian-airlines-offers-comprehensive-route-network-for-business-travellers/

48 minutes ago, bxlmontreal said:

Une bonne nouvelle à confirmer.

With New York, Washington, Chicago, Bangkok, Shanghai, Tokyo, Tel Aviv and, starting from October, Montreal, Austrian Airlines also has long-haul destinations for business travellers in its flight program.

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/lufthansa-group/austrian-airlines/austrian-airlines-offers-comprehensive-route-network-for-business-travellers/

Bonne nouvelle for sure!

Edited by caribb

11 hours ago, thenoflyzone said:

RZO does just fine at YUL, the loads are there. 

Many of the Portuguese in Montreal are from the Azores, so it purely leisure route.

From what I've seen from the past, they are always late to re-add YUL to their booking engine.

Glad to see it up to 2 weekly now.  

Wow. Looks like i was wrong about Austrian. Great to see them commit to YUL. 

It's intially operating 3x weekly in October, Wed, fri, sun, and goes up to 4x weekly in November. Flights are bookable.

OS73 VIE1030-1325YUL B763 x257
OS74 YUL1845-0845+1VIE B763 x257

And you know what else is bookable........

Brussels Airlines !!!

BRU-YUL 4x weekly A333 service. Commences March 27, 2022.

SN561 BRU1025-1215YUL A333 x135

SN562 YUL1915-0800+1BRU A333 x135

If Brussels do indeed start YUL, we will have all 4 Lufthansa Group main network carriers serving our airport. LH, LX, OS and SN. Not many airports in the Americas, Africa or Asia can say that !

AC va opérer combien de fréquences sur BRU? Partage de codes je suppose?Très bonnes connections ex BRU vers l'Afrique + réseau classique sur l'Europe.Je pense qu'ils vont rabattre aussi pas mal des villes de province en France. J'ai travaillé longtemps pour Sabena, très longtemps présente à YUL/YMX (et SN avant la retraite), on remontait du BOD/TLS/NCE/MRS/NTE/SXB/MPL/LYS vers YUL (et JNB abandonnée depuis malgré une forte communauté Belge qui y vit).  

Je viens de checker TS vers BRU:

3 x weekly dés mai 22 et 4 x weekly dés juin 22 pour l'horaire d'été.

A321 Neo LR VISIBLEMENT.

15 hours ago, bxlmontreal said:

AC va opérer combien de fréquences sur BRU? Partage de codes je suppose?Très bonnes connections ex BRU vers l'Afrique + réseau classique sur l'Europe.Je pense qu'ils vont rabattre aussi pas mal des villes de province en France. J'ai travaillé longtemps pour Sabena, très longtemps présente à YUL/YMX (et SN avant la retraite), on remontait du BOD/TLS/NCE/MRS/NTE/SXB/MPL/LYS vers YUL (et JNB abandonnée depuis malgré une forte communauté Belge qui y vit).  

Je viens de checker TS vers BRU:

3 x weekly dés mai 22 et 4 x weekly dés juin 22 pour l'horaire d'été.

A321 Neo LR VISIBLEMENT.

AC daily 787