Aviation - Actualités générales

acpnc

45 minutes ago, thenoflyzone said:

She is still at the ACC, at my old unit, not here at the tower. 

That explains why I thought for sure I saw her when I was driving on André at St-François a while ago. Lol

Air Canada : "C'est du jamais vu, Paris-Montréal écrase Paris-New York !"

Interview de Jean-François Raudin, le directeur général France d'Air Canada.

C'est une bouffée d'oxygène, que les agents de voyages voudraient voir transformer en appel d'air généralisé, le Canada rouvre ses frontières aux touristes français. A partir du 7 septembre 2021, il est possible sous certaines conditions, dont un test PCR pour tous même pour les voyageurs vaccinés de (re)découvrir Montréal ou les larges étendues canadiennes. Nous avons fait le point avec le directeur général France d'Air Canada pour connaître l'état du marché et les ambitions pour la fin d'année de l'une des rares destinations long-courrier ouvertes depuis la France ! Rencontre avec Jean-François Raudin, directeur général France d'Air Canada.

"Nous rouvrons la liaison Lyon-Montréal, le 11 décembre 2021... Je peux vous dire que Toulouse-Montréal sera lancée, c'est certain, avec une liaison à l'année" selon Jean-François Raudin, le directeur général France d'Air Canada - DR

Jean-François Raudin : Pour résumé, l'effet que cela a eu je vais vous révéler une anecdote très marquante pour la destination.

Pour la 1ère fois, toutes compagnies aériennes, tous canaux confondus, il y a plus de passagers prévus pour les six prochains mois qu'entre Paris-Montréal qu'entre Paris et New York. C'est du jamais vu et l'écart se creuse chaque semaine.

Actuellement 41 061 billets ont été vendus pour la ligne vers Montréal, contre 35 748 vers New York, pour des voyages entre septembre et février 2022. De plus l'accélération des ventes est phénoménale, avec 15,6% de hausse des ventes d'une semaine à l'autre.

Dans le même temps, la vélocité (croissance du nombre de billets émis, ndlr) sur New York est de 3,5%.

https://www.tourmag.com/Air-Canada-C-est-du-jamais-vu-Paris-Montreal-ecrase-Paris-New-York-_a110085.html

KLM flies to Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto and Montreal several times a week. KLM also operates an even larger network in Canada in collaboration with its partner Westjet. Vaccinated travellers who have a negative PCR test result will be able to make use of this service again starting Tuesday 7 September, when they can once again fly to Canada.

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/air-france-klm-group/klm-royal-dutch-airlines/as-canada-reopens-borders-to-vaccinated-european-travellers-klm-flies-travellers-to-the-country-again/

On 2021-09-06 at 8:13 AM, thenoflyzone said:

Azores did operate to YUL in 2019. With their A321s i believe. 1x or 2x weekly I think. We are no longer on their destination list, so I doubt we will see them anytime soon.

Not sure Austrian will be back so soon. They got rid of some 767s. Don't think they have the metal to fly to YUL, nor are we that important to them right now.

Icelandair was supposed to resume YUL this summer. Flights were bookable, but they never resumed service. We are no longer on their route map either. So not a good sign. YEG and YHZ aren't on their route map either, only YYZ and YVR. It might stay like that for S22.

Corsair still has us on their destination list, but no flights are bookable. I'm confident they'll return next summer. 

Brussels Airlines, like Icelandair, was supposed to (re)start YUL last June. They never did, and now we are no longer on their route map. Maybe next summer.

Cubana hasn't flown to YUL since 2017 or 2018. Like you said, all their leased A320s were returned or seized, so they have no western planes left to fly to Canada. Although they did use their IL-96 on a few occasions to fly to YUL and YYZ in 2018 I think. That was nice to see.

Forget about Vietnam Airlines/Bamboo. Applying for rights is one thing. Starting the route is something else. Biggest Vietnamese population in Canada is in Toronto, and even that's not enough to draw on a non stop Vietnam-YYZ. Canada-Vietnam is long and thin. So i doubt it will ever happen. If the US, the country with the largest Vietnamese diaspora in the world, doesn't have a non stop, Canada never will.

If you see a LAX-Vietnam pop up, then maybe you'll see a YYZ-Vietnam 10 years later....

Thanks for the excellent rundown!  Looking forward to Brussels Airlines next year.

re Vietnam Airlines and US service… I never would have guessed Qatar or Air China would have been flying here so anything is possible, even the unlikely. I suspect it’ll be a code share though. https://flip.it/55gea8

Another article on service to Vietnam, this time for Bamboo Airways. There’s a reference to a request for service to Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal using a “connecting service” from the USA. It isn’t clear what that means but likely a agreement or code share of some sort as predicted with an American or Canadian carrier. 

https://onemileatatime.com/bamboo-airways-usa-flights/

On 2021-09-05 at 10:26 AM, thenoflyzone said:

Looks like BA is set to resume YUL in a couple of days. Sept 8. 5x weeky B788.

Glad to see this one come back. They haven't flown the route since October 2020.

And here she is from the ground:

Member uploaded pictures are not shown to unregistered visitors.spacer.png

Create a free account or sign in to view the pictures.

Nice pics. That plane actually came from YYZ, most likely empty, last night, as BA9151. Don't know why. It operated BA97 LHR-YYZ and then BA9151 YYZ-YUL. Maybe to bring in the crew that will operate the flight back today. But why bother. Send them on AC or WS. They must have had some cargo on it as well. Who knows.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ba9151

The actual passenger flight is on it's way right now.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ba95

So were most likely going to have 2 BA B788s on the ground tonight. 

il y a 17 minutes, thenoflyzone a dit :

Nice pics. That plane actually came from YYZ, most likely empty, last night, as BA9151. Don't know why. It operated BA97 LHR-YYZ and then BA9151 YYZ-YUL. Maybe to bring in the crew that will operate the flight back today. But why bother. Send them on AC or WS. They must have had some cargo on it as well. Who knows.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ba9151

The actual passenger flight is on it's way right now.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ba95

So were most likely going to have 2 BA B788s on the ground tonight. 

Always fun  and interesting to read from people who have real expertise in what they're talking about!  😀👍👍

52 minutes ago, thenoflyzone said:

Nice pics.

New phone (since January), first time using it here. 🙂

52 minutes ago, thenoflyzone said:

That plane actually came from YYZ, most likely empty, last night, as BA9151. Don't know why. It operated BA97 LHR-YYZ and then BA9151 YYZ-YUL. Maybe to bring in the crew that will operate the flight back today. But why bother.

Yeah saw the ferry on FR24 last night, was wondering the same thing, but I didn’t check if there was an arrival tonight, or just the launch, thanks for the details.

32 minutes ago, LindbergMTL said:

Always fun  and interesting to read from people who have real expertise in what they're talking about!  😀👍👍

I know, right? It’s a pity we are limited with what we can share. 😉

On 2021-09-06 at 8:13 AM, thenoflyzone said:

Azores did operate to YUL in 2019. With their A321s i believe. 1x or 2x weekly I think. We are no longer on their destination list, so I doubt we will see them anytime soon.

Not sure Austrian will be back so soon. They got rid of some 767s. Don't think they have the metal to fly to YUL, nor are we that important to them right now.

Icelandair was supposed to resume YUL this summer. Flights were bookable, but they never resumed service. We are no longer on their route map either. So not a good sign. YEG and YHZ aren't on their route map either, only YYZ and YVR. It might stay like that for S22.

Corsair still has us on their destination list, but no flights are bookable. I'm confident they'll return next summer. 

Brussels Airlines, like Icelandair, was supposed to (re)start YUL last June. They never did, and now we are no longer on their route map. Maybe next summer.

Cubana hasn't flown to YUL since 2017 or 2018. Like you said, all their leased A320s were returned or seized, so they have no western planes left to fly to Canada. Although they did use their IL-96 on a few occasions to fly to YUL and YYZ in 2018 I think. That was nice to see.

Forget about Vietnam Airlines/Bamboo. Applying for rights is one thing. Starting the route is something else. Biggest Vietnamese population in Canada is in Toronto, and even that's not enough to draw on a non stop Vietnam-YYZ. Canada-Vietnam is long and thin. So i doubt it will ever happen. If the US, the country with the largest Vietnamese diaspora in the world, doesn't have a non stop, Canada never will.

If you see a LAX-Vietnam pop up, then maybe you'll see a YYZ-Vietnam 10 years later....

The loss of Azores Air is a really bummer for me.  I took the direct YUL to PDL flight in 2019 and the week we spent in the Azores was amazing.  It was also nice to have a free stopover service to LIS.