Aller au contenu

Aviation - Actualités générales ​ ​

acpnc

Messages recommendés

Nice pics. That plane actually came from YYZ, most likely empty, last night, as BA9151. Don't know why. It operated BA97 LHR-YYZ and then BA9151 YYZ-YUL. Maybe to bring in the crew that will operate the flight back today. But why bother. Send them on AC or WS. They must have had some cargo on it as well. Who knows.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ba9151

The actual passenger flight is on it's way right now.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ba95

So were most likely going to have 2 BA B788s on the ground tonight. 

• Like 3

il y a 17 minutes, thenoflyzone a dit :

Nice pics. That plane actually came from YYZ, most likely empty, last night, as BA9151. Don't know why. It operated BA97 LHR-YYZ and then BA9151 YYZ-YUL. Maybe to bring in the crew that will operate the flight back today. But why bother. Send them on AC or WS. They must have had some cargo on it as well. Who knows.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ba9151

The actual passenger flight is on it's way right now.

So were most likely going to have 2 BA B788s on the ground tonight. 

Always fun  and interesting to read from people who have real expertise in what they're talking about!  😀👍👍

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, thenoflyzone said:

Nice pics.

New phone (since January), first time using it here. 🙂

52 minutes ago, thenoflyzone said:

That plane actually came from YYZ, most likely empty, last night, as BA9151. Don't know why. It operated BA97 LHR-YYZ and then BA9151 YYZ-YUL. Maybe to bring in the crew that will operate the flight back today. But why bother.

Yeah saw the ferry on FR24 last night, was wondering the same thing, but I didn’t check if there was an arrival tonight, or just the launch, thanks for the details.

32 minutes ago, LindbergMTL said:

Always fun  and interesting to read from people who have real expertise in what they're talking about!  😀👍👍

I know, right? It’s a pity we are limited with what we can share. 😉

On 2021-09-06 at 8:13 AM, thenoflyzone said:

Azores did operate to YUL in 2019. With their A321s i believe. 1x or 2x weekly I think. We are no longer on their destination list, so I doubt we will see them anytime soon.

Not sure Austrian will be back so soon. They got rid of some 767s. Don't think they have the metal to fly to YUL, nor are we that important to them right now.

Icelandair was supposed to resume YUL this summer. Flights were bookable, but they never resumed service. We are no longer on their route map either. So not a good sign. YEG and YHZ aren't on their route map either, only YYZ and YVR. It might stay like that for S22.

Corsair still has us on their destination list, but no flights are bookable. I'm confident they'll return next summer. 

Brussels Airlines, like Icelandair, was supposed to (re)start YUL last June. They never did, and now we are no longer on their route map. Maybe next summer.

Cubana hasn't flown to YUL since 2017 or 2018. Like you said, all their leased A320s were returned or seized, so they have no western planes left to fly to Canada. Although they did use their IL-96 on a few occasions to fly to YUL and YYZ in 2018 I think. That was nice to see.

Forget about Vietnam Airlines/Bamboo. Applying for rights is one thing. Starting the route is something else. Biggest Vietnamese population in Canada is in Toronto, and even that's not enough to draw on a non stop Vietnam-YYZ. Canada-Vietnam is long and thin. So i doubt it will ever happen. If the US, the country with the largest Vietnamese diaspora in the world, doesn't have a non stop, Canada never will.

If you see a LAX-Vietnam pop up, then maybe you'll see a YYZ-Vietnam 10 years later....

The loss of Azores Air is a really bummer for me.  I took the direct YUL to PDL flight in 2019 and the week we spent in the Azores was amazing.  It was also nice to have a free stopover service to LIS.  

• Like 1

well, for whatever it's worth, today's BA flights got upgraded to a B787-9. This being said, it only has 2 more seats than a B788.

The BA 788 that came from YYZ 2 days ago is headed back to LHR, most likely empty.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ba9152

16 hours ago, SKYMTL said:

The loss of Azores Air is a really bummer for me.  I took the direct YUL to PDL flight in 2019 and the week we spent in the Azores was amazing.  It was also nice to have a free stopover service to LIS.  

It's a bummer, but not a big deal, considering it was a summer seasonal, 1x weekly route. Who knows, it might be back for next summer. This was a pure leisure route, and they are the ones that are rebounding the fastest.

This being said, for our city and airport, the most important routes to come back are to places like PEK, NRT, GRU, etc.

So i'll take anyone of those over a 1x weekly service to PDL anyday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s kinda the perfect long-&-thin aircraft. When NW ordered it as the North American launch customer, it was precisely to cover routes where our 744s were running half empty, but were the only ones in the fleet with the range — JFK-NRT being a prime example at the time. The CASM is so much lower and yields correspondingly higher on the Dreamliner, it’s so good that AC banked on it. DL deferred (and finally cancelled) the NW order, opting to run their nine-abreast 772 on long routes they could payload optimize. The A359 is now taking over that role at a 20% CASM savings over the (retired) 772s, but at the expense of reduced MTOW (and thus fuel capacity), leading to payload trade-offs. Yields are still higher than the 772 LR/ER. It remains to be seen if DL will ever enter the Jumbo market again (777-9?).

• Like 1