Aller au contenu

Aviation - Actualités générales ​ ​

acpnc

Messages recommendés

You are so right … actually BA has always maintained its slot at YUL and even today you will see BA 95 as scheduled on admtl site, but clic on it and status is canceled… I think they did this because they knew YUL had to resume.  Well glad to be seeing them back to YUL 

11 hours ago, thenoflyzone said:

Looks like BA is set to resume YUL in a couple of days. Sept 8. 5x weeky B788.

Glad to see this one come back. They haven't flown the route since October 2020.

Good news. BA has been in Montreal in some form since the beginning of scheduled transatlantic flights. It would have been a real loss if they left. 

So that leaves Austrian, Icelandai, Corsair and Air China. Level is gone I believe and Interjet is only a shadow of its former self and won’t likely return. Not sure if Cubana or Azores flew here back in 2019. I think Cubana ran out of planes to lease, Azores is a mystery. I heard Air China will reopen its international services in 2024 so it could be a long wait. I did hear Vietnam Airlines and/or Bamboo got rights into YUL as well as YYZ and some US cities. Vietnam Airlines though is currently hitting a financial crisis. Well see if it’s ends up just being code shares or actual planes sometime soon. I’m now just anxious about Austrian.. fingers crossed for next year. 

Il y a 2 heures, caribb a dit :

Good news. BA has been in Montreal in some form since the beginning of scheduled transatlantic flights. It would have been a real loss if they left. 

So that leaves Austrian, Icelandai, Corsair and Air China. Level is gone I believe and Interjet is only a shadow of its former self and won’t likely return. Not sure if Cubana or Azores flew here back in 2019. I think Cubana ran out of planes to lease, Azores is a mystery. I heard Air China will reopen its international services in 2024 so it could be a long wait. I did hear Vietnam Airlines and/or Bamboo got rights into YUL as well as YYZ and some US cities. Vietnam Airlines though is currently hitting a financial crisis. Well see if it’s ends up just being code shares or actual planes sometime soon. I’m now just anxious about Austrian.. fingers crossed for next year. 

Brussels Airlines aussi, prévu avant le covid pour l'été 2021, mais plusieurs fois reportés. A suivre pour l'horaire d'été 2022, si on est enfin débarassé des variants de la 'bête'.

Aer Lingus aussi non?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, caribb said:

Azores did operate to YUL in 2019. With their A321s i believe. 1x or 2x weekly I think. We are no longer on their destination list, so I doubt we will see them anytime soon.

Not sure Austrian will be back so soon. They got rid of some 767s. Don't think they have the metal to fly to YUL, nor are we that important to them right now.

Icelandair was supposed to resume YUL this summer. Flights were bookable, but they never resumed service. We are no longer on their route map either. So not a good sign. YEG and YHZ aren't on their route map either, only YYZ and YVR. It might stay like that for S22.

Corsair still has us on their destination list, but no flights are bookable. I'm confident they'll return next summer. 

Brussels Airlines, like Icelandair, was supposed to (re)start YUL last June. They never did, and now we are no longer on their route map. Maybe next summer.

Cubana hasn't flown to YUL since 2017 or 2018. Like you said, all their leased A320s were returned or seized, so they have no western planes left to fly to Canada. Although they did use their IL-96 on a few occasions to fly to YUL and YYZ in 2018 I think. That was nice to see.

Forget about Vietnam Airlines/Bamboo. Applying for rights is one thing. Starting the route is something else. Biggest Vietnamese population in Canada is in Toronto, and even that's not enough to draw on a non stop Vietnam-YYZ. Canada-Vietnam is long and thin. So i doubt it will ever happen. If the US, the country with the largest Vietnamese diaspora in the world, doesn't have a non stop, Canada never will.

If you see a LAX-Vietnam pop up, then maybe you'll see a YYZ-Vietnam 10 years later....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SameGuy said:

I think it was still SATA last time it was here. Or rather, we hadn’t seen one of the rebranded liveries yet.

We did. It used to be SATA. They rebranded to Azores Airlines in 2015. They flew here until summer of 2019.

7 hours ago, bxlmontreal said:

Brussels Airlines aussi, prévu avant le covid pour l'été 2021, mais plusieurs fois reportés. A suivre pour l'horaire d'été 2022, si on est enfin débarassé des variants de la 'bête'.

Aer Lingus aussi non?

Aer Lingus a d'autre chats a fouetter que YUL. Peut Être dans 4-5 ans, une fois que le trafic est rétablie. Entre temps, AC planifie opérer YUL-DUB l'été prochaine en B737 Max.

27 minutes ago, thenoflyzone said:

We did. It used to be SATA. They rebranded to Azores Airlines in 2015. They flew here until summer of 2019.

Yeah but I don’t remember seeing the new livery here before they stopped. Every time I saw them pulling in the last few years it was either their sole A330 SATA Internacional metal with the old livery (that didn’t get repainted before retirement in 2018), or (since 2018) the wet Hi Fly A330 white tail operating Azores flights.

12 minutes ago, mont royal said:

Air Algérie?

AH2700 hasn't operated in 7 months. AH2702 last operated in March 2020.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAH2700

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAH2702

Don't know if they switched flight numbers or what, but I haven't seen them in a while. 

Tunisair is operating to YUL, that I know.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/TAR202

8 minutes ago, SameGuy said:

Yeah but I don’t remember seeing the new livery here before they stopped. Every time I saw them pulling in the last few years it was either their sole A330 SATA Internacional metal with the old livery (that didn’t get repainted before retirement in 2018), or (since 2018) the wet Hi Fly A330 white tail operating Azores flights.

I've seen their new A321s at YUL in 2019. 

Some pics on airliners as well from July/August 2019.

https://www.airliners.net/search?keywords=azores+airlines+yul

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, thenoflyzone said:

I've seen their new A321s at YUL in 2019. 

Some pics on airliners as well from July/August 2019.

Awesome! Thanks! I guess I missed it whenever they sent it (I often don’t work inside the horseshoe or near Whisky pad; now with the lower gates closed I’m rarely near Whisky).