Aviation - Actualités générales

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Air China seems to have resumed PEK-YUL today. Dont know if it's a one off or not, because on their website, schedules show the route resuming on Sept 2 only. https://www.flightradar24.com/data/f

Doug - British Airways will be back in YUL. Right now there's no agreement between Canada and the UK - UK citizens are not allowed in the country and Canadians must quarantine for 14 days upon arrival

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, p_xavier said:

The feds need to open the borders to safe countries soon.

I believe Aug 1st is the date people can travel for non essential reasons outside the country. 

20 hours ago, caribb said:

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/292634/british-airways-sep-2020-intercontinental-network-as-of-22jul20/

British Airways is now scheduled to return this month. 3x week

Copa, Royal Air Maroc and TAP have us scheduled for September. Icelandair and probably Austrian for next summer. Level went under so not returning. All that’s left then is Air China, Interjet, Air Algérie and Royal Jordanian. LH, AF, TK, KL, SS and LX are already back. Am I missing anyone? 

Air Algérie currently has a flight inbound to YUL. An A330 that should land around 4pm. 

16 hours ago, caribb said:

I believe Aug 1st is the date people can travel for non essential reasons outside the country. 

That's incorrect. The Quarantine act applies to all Canadians leaving the country until Aug 31.

Il y a 21 heures, caribb a dit :

. Level went under so not returning. 

It's Level Europe that went under bankruptcy protection, only short haul euro flights operated under their Austrian AOC, this has no impact on their Long Haul flights ability to restart as they are operated under Open Skies AOC which is not under protection.

1 hour ago, YMQ said:

That's incorrect. The Quarantine act applies to all Canadians leaving the country until Aug 31.

Ah ok i knew they extended it but wasn’t sure if until end of July or aug. thought it was July 

1 hour ago, WestAust said:

It's Level Europe that went under bankruptcy protection, only short haul euro flights operated under their Austrian AOC, this has no impact on their Long Haul flights ability to restart as they are operated under Open Skies AOC which is not under protection.

Yes I knew that but for Montreal’s purposes the division running (France) to here went under. 

10 hours ago, thenoflyzone said:

The link says September.  Not this month.

Thanks. September it is. I’m just happy they’re back. 

Edited by caribb

A Canadian federal judge has just ruled that the USA is not a safe country for people fleeing danger and requesting asylum or refugee status. 

It is certainly not a safe country for protection of health during the pandemic.

Most Canadians are reluctant  to reopen our borders with them. Yet, it remains relatively easy to fly there and also to fly into Canada from there. Do we really want to go back to an open undefended border system?

Based on the first job cuts, there are 400,000 job cuts in airlines around the world since the start of the covid19 epidemic. Subcontractor companies are not taken into account. And we are not yet at the beginning of September .....

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/international/business/jobs-are-being-wiped-out-at-airlines-and-theres-worse-to-come/articleshow/77140124.cms