Aller au contenu

REM - Matériel Roulant

jerry

Messages recommendés

24 minutes ago, SameGuy said:

I’ve never heard of a heated roof on a train. These things will be going 100 km an hour.

Because there are no drivers on the trains, and the system just needs to get rolling every morning, it also makes sense that they could store trains anywhere in the Mont-Royal or Aéroport tunnels. Aren’t there also storage tracks at Central Station?

Maybe they just forgot this train somewhere outside during the last snowstorm. It looks heavily packed with snow. And they seem to be running it at 5km/h for these tests 🙄

5 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Maybe they just forgot this train somewhere outside during the last snowstorm. It looks heavily packed with snow. And they seem to be running it at 5km/h for these tests 🙄

4 minutes ago, Enalung said:

Or, they might be intentionally leaving it outside, testing to see if the systems still work as they should after a snow storm.

7 hours ago, SameGuy said:

I’ve never heard of a heated roof on a train. These things will be going 100 km an hour.

Because there are no drivers on the trains, and the system just needs to get rolling every morning, it also makes sense that they could store trains anywhere in the Mont-Royal or Aéroport tunnels. Aren’t there also storage tracks at Central Station?

This winter,  the wet snows in Montreal which have clung to trees have frozen hard and  stayed there longer than the ice during the ice storm.    With climate change, these 1980s looking  boxy trains - made in India  (if one can even imagine that crazy decision)  need some serious re working  re  their look  and  the risk of snow and ice on their roofs.  It reminds me of the first Metro's  'air conditioning' that required screen doors to try unsuccessfully to mitigate heat exhaustion.    

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, geraldshaw said:

LRT accident in snow. Montreal has 90 inches of snow in a normal winter so it is very good that REM tests are taking place in winter.image.thumb.png.2943583195289cf37004670834883991.png

That looks like 1950s stock 🤣 cmon

• Like 2

Not that again... Seriously Gerald, he baited you and just took the bait. I could be wrong, but my assumption is that the garages are going to be heated. If need be, they can just roll them in and let the snow melt off.

L'accumulation de neige sur les voitures n'est pas vraiment problématique car le rem va rouler 7 sur 7 a peu pres 18 heures par jour. A moins de chute de neige majeur et subite dans un cours laps de temps. Le verglas  est un probleme car meme en mouvement la glace peut s'acccumuler.  

Par contre je suis curieux de voir la durée de vie des voitures du rem versus celle du metro. Etre soumis au climat que l'on a au québec diminue l'experience de vie du materiel roulant.