Aller au contenu

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

2 minutes ago, SameGuy said:

I’m curious to see why so many here think a 3 km tunnel from de Lorimier to Central would add $4-5 Billion to the cost. 

The $4-5 billion was just a ballpark number I used as an example. I'm by no means saying it will or should cost that much. If we can build the 3 km tunnel for less, I'm all for it! Even if it costs more, I think we should still go for it - whatever option ensures full grade separation along the entire network.

Modifié par FrodoMTL
  • Like 1

Also curious why so many North Americans seem to blame tramways for the actions of bad drivers and careless pedestrians.

1 minute ago, FrodoMTL said:

The $4-5 billion was just a ballpark number I used as an example. I'm by no means saying it will or should cost that much. If we can build the 3 km tunnel for less, I'm all for it!

Fair enough. I did a back-of-the-napkin calculation a couple of pages ago that is also based entirely on guesstimates, but is more plausible than simple “$5 billion” darts.

• Like 3

I believe some 45-meter tramways could do the REM de l'Est course rapidly. However, there is some issues about tramways versus a LRT. The frenquency for trams can't be less than 5 minutes due to some circumstances such as car traffic on the road, while REM de l'Est LRT has a 2-minute frequency. So, a tram loses on its passenger capacity compared to the metro proposed by CDPQ Infra.

No I certainly know that. I’m just suggesting what I think would be a better option than “elevated on RL to somewhere near Central.” I agree with just about everyone that a tunnelled segment downtown would be better, if costlier, for several reason not the least of which would be integration with REM-A at Central (or McGill or some other weather-protected solution). Other than extending the PVM Esplanade across René-Lévesque to the (let’s face it, nondescript) façade of the Queen E and incorporating a station into it, I can’t see another way they’ll be able to sell this to the public with an election on the horizon.

La voie aérienne au centre ville serait une abomination. Il faudrait continuer sur Notre dame et utiliser une des voie du tunnel Ville-Marie. En plus dans 2 ans le tunnel sera en restructuration (2 billions $). Moi je vois bien une station intermodal sous l'hôtel de ville, avec un tunnel (déjà présent) qui mene à Champs de Mars et un au CHUM. Et puis une station a la gare centrale pour relier le REM B au REM A et au metro Bonaventure. Comme ça a réduire les arrêts au centre ville a  2 ou 3 Maximum, pour ne pas Blow Up le budget. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, p_xavier said:

NoahB posted these on UrbanToronto as examples of inspiration for an elevated structure.

D1BB6AF7-F93A-46AC-9908-EE171DB57DD8.png.fc48f0a25f2e6c34e4c3f53a72f0e632.png5049843C-C577-4136-8F73-AEAA6952C47D.png.681903640348998dacab77aca0e1830c.pngAF6A184B-4974-47E6-BA17-0AB4D770809D.png.703710164e4f259ea0b788b9a72f133b.png

616E735B-0DC1-4F6B-94ED-FE49AAC0B16A.png

64CD5D74-F08B-46A9-8680-9412A4AB4876.png

Pour avoir une bonne integration tout est dans le degagement et l'empreinte des voies. 

Une structure metallique comme on voit dans la photo m'intrigue car elle ne semble pas occupé beaucoup de place. Est ce que le gabarit du rem permet de circuler sur une structure comme cela?

Le metro aerien de Ryad en arabie saoudite circule sur un boulevard avec un dégagement plus grand que René-Levesques. 

• Like 1