YMQ

Austrian airlines starts YUL-VIE daily on April 29

Recommended Posts

I sent my own ad to Austrian ... if you see this in Montreal its because of me 

 

 

Inkedimage3_LI.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took that flight for the first time this Tuesday. Not the best choice to go to Europe if your final destination is not  Vienna. They use a old 767. Had  better flights with lufthansa or Even Air Canada. But it was almost full. Only a  few seats left in premium economy it seems.

Edited by Tristan Alexis Gingras

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-08-16 at 8:59 AM, Tristan Alexis Gingras said:

Took that flight for the first time this Tuesday. Not the best choice to go to Europe if your final destination is not  Vienna. They use a old 767. Had  better flights with lufthansa or Even Air Canada. But it was almost full. Only a  few seats left in premium economy it seems.

I was on that flight last week and the experience was actually quite nice! Flight was completely full in all classes (and overbooked), we were on standby until the very end of boarding, but the OS ground agents dealt with the situation very nicely and professionally. On-board service was not on par with Lufthansa, but better than Air Canada. The Boeing 767-300ER carrying us back to YUL was refurbished in 2013 and everything felt modern and clean. 

Vienna is definitely not the best airport for connections, nor does it offer the best passenger experience for an airport its size (YUL fares much better in that regard). However, OS is useful for east European destinations and offers a very good service at a reasonable price point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
il y a 33 minutes, arch a dit :

I was on that flight last week and the experience was actually quite nice! Flight was completely full in all classes (and overbooked), we were on standby until the very end of boarding, but the OS ground agents dealt with the situation very nicely and professionally. On-board service was not on par with Lufthansa, but better than Air Canada. The Boeing 767-300ER carrying us back to YUL was refurbished in 2013 and everything felt modern and clean. 

Vienna is definitely not the best airport for connections, nor does it offer the best passenger experience for an airport its size (YUL fares much better in that regard). However, OS is useful for east European destinations and offers a very good service at a reasonable price point.

Assez difficile d'obtenir meilleur service qu'avec Lufthansa ou Qantas, mais très facile d'obtenir beaucoup mieux qu' Air Canada.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, arch said:

I was on that flight last week and the experience was actually quite nice! Flight was completely full in all classes (and overbooked), we were on standby until the very end of boarding, but the OS ground agents dealt with the situation very nicely and professionally. On-board service was not on par with Lufthansa, but better than Air Canada. The Boeing 767-300ER carrying us back to YUL was refurbished in 2013 and everything felt modern and clean. 

Vienna is definitely not the best airport for connections, nor does it offer the best passenger experience for an airport its size (YUL fares much better in that regard). However, OS is useful for east European destinations and offers a very good service at a reasonable price point.

Maybe I was just unlucky. Maybe they used a older plane for my flight. The seat was one of the most uncomfortable seats I had on a plane.   I was going to Sofia. I go there quite often for business. I may try the flight again in the future since the flight Vienna-Sofia is just over an hour. But honestly I think i prefer going through Munich or Frankfurt even if that flight is a little longer. As you said the transfer experience in Vienna airport is not the best. It seems like its an afterthought almost. 

 

4 hours ago, man with the golden gun said:

Assez difficile d'obtenir meilleur service qu'avec Lufthansa ou Qantas, mais très facile d'obtenir beaucoup mieux qu' Air Canada.

 J'attend toujours ma mauvaise experience avec Air Canada! J'imagine que ce n'est qu'une question de temps. Mais j'ai toujours eu du bon service avec eux. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Tristan Alexis Gingras said:

The seat was one of the most uncomfortable seats I had on a plane.  

The refurbished Air Transat planes take the cake for the worst seats I've ever been on.  

Went YUL->BCE and it was torture.  Meanwhile on the BCE->YUL return leg they had an older plane (supposedly it was a replacement) and it was super comfortable.  

Flew Austrian a few weeks ago and it wasn't that bad since I was flying Premium Economy but the Economy section seemed pretty nice too.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SKYMTL said:

 

Went YUL->BCE and it was torture.  Meanwhile on the BCE->YUL return leg they had an older plane (supposedly it was a replacement) and it was super comfortable.  

I bet we took the same planes, going there I wanted to die, couldn’t stay seated so bad my ass was hurting lol

the way back was way better, could catch some zzzz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Malek said:

I bet we took the same planes, going there I wanted to die, couldn’t stay seated so bad my ass was hurting lol

the way back was way better, could catch some zzzz

If you were on a plane loaded with kids from a soccer team, yeah that was my flight.  

I've flown all over the world dozens of times every year but that plane.....that plane was the most uncomfortable I've ever been on.  Neither my girlfriend or I have any back issues but we both had stabbing lower back pain after that one.  And reclining the seats made it WORSE.  🤦‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SKYMTL said:

If you were on a plane loaded with kids from a soccer team, yeah that was my flight.  

I've flown all over the world dozens of times every year but that plane.....that plane was the most uncomfortable I've ever been on.  Neither my girlfriend or I have any back issues but we both had stabbing lower back pain after that one.  And reclining the seats made it WORSE.  🤦‍♂️

It was June 14 and can’t remember a team of kids. But I’m sure it’s the same plane. 😱😱

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now