Aller au contenu

Air Canada S19 service changes

Messages recommendés

9 hours ago, caribb said:

A nice round of upgrades. I’m really happy to see Tokyo and Shanghai move up. It’s a good sign they’re doing well on those routes. Now fingers crossed Air China goes daily to Beijing. 

Ironically, I'm booked YUL -> PEK next week on Air China.  Should be interesting since this is my first trip with them.  

So far the online booking process has been a nightmare though.  Ticket booked through company travel agent so no possibility to view booking, change seats or even check in online on the Air China website.  

6 minutes ago, SKYMTL said:

Ironically, I'm booked YUL -> PEK next week on Air China.  Should be interesting since this is my first trip with them.  

So far the online booking process has been a nightmare though.  Ticket booked through company travel agent so no possibility to view booking, change seats or even check in online on the Air China website.  

Corporate travel can be difficult in that way sometimes. Perhaps you can make some changes if needed at the airport? Nevertheless cool that your going there. Have a great trip. 

25 minutes ago, SKYMTL said:

More news. Air Canada new a new weekly 737MAX nonstop to St Lucia

Modifié par caribb

29 minutes ago, Alexcaban said:

UVF 737MAX service is a take over from Rouge

29 minutes ago, Alexcaban said:

UVF 737MAX service is a take over from Rouge

Ok thanks. More and more routes seem to be going back to mainline Air Canada. I wonder if this more to do with Rouge aircraft shortages or the market up scaling enough to warrant full service.  

Downgauge vers LHR est p-e en prévision d'une demande moindre avec le Brexit qui arrive en vigueur en mars 2019

Ou sinon le 777 était trop gros cette année mais c'était le seul avion disponible qu'ils avaient

• Like 1

Il y a 2 heures, WestAust a dit :

Downgauge vers LHR est p-e en prévision d'une demande moindre avec le Brexit qui arrive en vigueur en mars 2019

Ou sinon le 777 était trop gros cette année mais c'était le seul avion disponible qu'ils avaient

It may also have to do with Air Canada adding 4 A330s to the fleet (for a total of 12 in 2019) and basing the entire fleet of 12 A330s in Montreal:

https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/66809-air-canada-to-retire-b767s-in-2019-add-four-a330s

The move is made so that the (more expensive to operate) A330 flies shorter routes from YUL than they currently do out of YYZ or YVR.

Modifié par mattrga
  • Like 1

On 2018-10-03 at 11:53 AM, mattrga said:

It may also have to do with Air Canada adding 4 A330s to the fleet (for a total of 12 in 2019) and basing the entire fleet of 12 A330s in Montreal:

https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/66809-air-canada-to-retire-b767s-in-2019-add-four-a330s

The move is made so that the (more expensive to operate) A330 flies shorter routes from YUL than they currently do out of YYZ or YVR.

More expensive to operate is not totally an accurate statement.  When compared to newer 787/777 the 330 CASM on the shorter TATL routes was found to cheaper and more efficient than the new, high capital cost Boeing A/C.  The 787/777 are much better utilized on longer segments with more J demand.  The 330 seems to be the perfect A/C for the segments out of YUL, and right now there's a good amount coming onto the market for cheap with the A350 and A330neo's coming into the picture.

20 years old and turning to be very useful as part of A/C strategy!

• Like 1

Since Air Canada and Lufthansa are Star partners and have JV,  there was no need to start a new thread.

YUL will see it's first A350XWB service starting on March 29th on YUL-MUC with LH.

Munich – Montreal eff 31MAR19 A350-900XWB replaces A330-300, 1 daily

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/280949/lufthansa-s19-long-haul-changes-as-of-10oct18/

• Like 1