Ouvrages d'art - Antenne Ouest-de-l'Île

34 minutes ago, SameGuy said:

You have to see it in person, it’s monstrous. Most of the rest of the segment is just 5 m off the ground, and on part of the Doney spur, it is barely 2 m off the ground.

I personally feel that the Doney spur is way too close to the ground. I just generally hate bridges that low. They feel much more oppressive. I don't get that same feeling with bridges that are higher up. A large part of it is just being able have a clear line of sight.

En ce qui concerne le type de viaduc, je préfère définitivement ceux en acier. La peinture d'un pont en acier réfléchie une portion de la lumière ce qui rend l'espace en dessous légèrement plus lumineux qu'en dessous d'un viaduc en béton.

il y a une heure, SameGuy a dit :

You have to see it in person, it’s monstrous. Most of the rest of the segment is just 5 m off the ground, and on part of the Doney spur, it is barely 2 m off the ground.

Yeah, they lowered it as part of the cost-cutting measures. But if it would be mostly at that maximum height, it would not have been problematic.

Now to find out how loud it's going to be...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I couldn’t grab a pic, but yesterday there were two pickup trucks on the rails side by each on the crossing above the A40 eastbound service road, and both were tilted at something approaching a 10° angle! It really will be a roller coaster if the camber on these turns is so steep. I will be in the same area again this afternoon, so if they are working on that segment, I will try to stop and take some pictures.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SameGuy said:

I couldn’t grab a pic, but yesterday there were two pickup trucks on the rails side by each on the crossing above the A40 eastbound service road, and both were tilted at something approaching a 10° angle! It really will be a roller coaster if the camber on these turns is so steep. I will be in the same area again this afternoon, so if they are working on that segment, I will try to stop and take some pictures.

When the train is rolling at the designed speed, you won't feel it. If the camber is just right, the wheel flange won't grind much against the rail, so there shouldn't be much of any noise either.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...