Aller au contenu

Station Panama - Discussion

Messages recommendés

On 2021-12-13 at 11:31 AM, Spiter_01 said:

Any chance that they'll have an indoor waiting area between the REM station and the bus terminal?

I would say that's a hard no. We established rather early in the process that they were not going to put doors at the bus stops. As I stated at the time, my best guess is that this station isn't meant to last long. If I had to guess, they are expecting a promoter to come along with a proposition before long. That piece of land is going to be very valuable given its location next to a metro station, too valuable to be wasted as a bus station. Take Longueil... The parkings spots have been disappearing over the last few decades. It is almost inevitable given enough time and a proposition sufficiently profitable for all parties involved. Btw, that does not mean that the bus station is going to disappear when that happen. A situation where we have a building above a bus station could very well be what we end up with eventually.

Le 2021-12-13 à 11:31, Spiter_01 a dit :

Any chance that they'll have an indoor waiting area between the REM station and the bus terminal?

Il y a 1 heure, Enalung a dit :

I would say that's a hard no. We established rather early in the process that they were not going to put doors at the bus stops. As I stated at the time, my best guess is that this station isn't meant to last long. If I had to guess, they are expecting a promoter to come along with a proposition before long. That piece of land is going to be very valuable given its location next to a metro station, too valuable to be wasted as a bus station. Take Longueil... The parkings spots have been disappearing over the last few decades. It is almost inevitable given enough time and a proposition sufficiently profitable for all parties involved. Btw, that does not mean that the bus station is going to disappear when that happen. A situation where we have a building above a bus station could very well be what we end up with eventually.

On my last visit, I saw plans showing the indoor waiting area, with toilets. Only the three wings where there are the platforms and the "marquise" are not heated.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Enalung said:

I meant an indoor area attached to the REM station not the bus shelters. It doesn't make much sense to have individual heated bus shelters at a terminal bus station when you could have a larger waiting hall. The Cartier metro station has a small waiting area with a couple dozen seats, bathrooms and a convenience store and an LED board that tells you when your bus is actually at it's platform, no needless queuing in the cold.

• Like 1

On 2021-12-15 at 10:54 AM, Spiter_01 said:

I meant an indoor area attached to the REM station not the bus shelters. It doesn't make much sense to have individual heated bus shelters at a terminal bus station when you could have a larger waiting hall. The Cartier metro station has a small waiting area with a couple dozen seats, bathrooms and a convenience store and an LED board that tells you when your bus is actually at it's platform, no needless queuing in the cold.

Doesnt seem like it at the moment. Users comfort and convenience was not really taken into consideration in this project.

Il y a 18 heures, lma13 a dit :

Doesnt seem like it at the moment. Users comfort and convenience was not really taken into consideration in this project.

Commentaire légèrement de mauvaise foi?

La ligne Deux-Montagnes avec ses quais rudimentaires était-elle un exemple de confort, par rapport aux stations fermées et tempérées?

Je trouve ça bien dommage pour le terminus Panama de ne pas avoir saisi un opportunité d’améliorer les choses un tant soit peu. En même temps le terminus semble quand même plus vaste qu’avant.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, champdemars said:

Commentaire légèrement de mauvaise foi?

La ligne Deux-Montagnes avec ses quais rudimentaires était-elle un exemple de confort, par rapport aux stations fermées et tempérées?

Je trouve ça bien dommage pour le terminus Panama de ne pas avoir saisi un opportunité d’améliorer les choses un tant soit peu. En même temps le terminus semble quand même plus vaste qu’avant.

Non, commentaire de bonne foi. Je ne parle pas de qu'es ce qui avait avant. Je parle de ce qui se construit maintenant.