Aller au contenu

Fortier

Messages recommendés

9 minutes ago, Ousb said:

Bonne ou mauvaise nouvelle ?...

Not good. This means they will really just build residential units with minimal commercial and office space. As I said before, what we need is a good mix of live, work and play and not a downtown full of residential towers. This area needs office space and businesses to improve. Group Mach and the Molson project will already add enough residential units in the coming 10 years. Where should all these people work that are supposed to live in the area?

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, georgeplamondon10 said:

Not good. This means they will really just build residential units with minimal commercial and office space. As I said before, what we need is a good mix of live, work and play and not a downtown full of residential towers. This area needs office space and businesses to improve. Group Mach and the Molson project will already add enough residential units in the coming 10 years. Where should all these people work that are supposed to live in the area?

Good news for 2 reasons:

1) they have credibility which means that an actual project will come to fruition

2) have you seen 21e? It's a mix of condos, rental and commercial.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, _mtler_ said:

Good news for 2 reasons:

1) they have credibility which means that an actual project will come to fruition

2) have you seen 21e? It's a mix of condos, rental and commercial.

Thank you for your answer. I completely agree with your first argument and I have seen the 21e and I know they are building great projects.

I am just worried that we are overbuilding the residential part. This lot has the potential to change the complete area and to give it a new life. Prevel's projects usually have a street-level commercial space and many stories of residential (condo or rental) on top. I would have hoped for a developer which focuses on both residential and commercial, meaning that we will have office buildings, condo towers, rental towers, hotels and all with commercial space on the street level. Prevel is an amazing developer, I just hoped for a mixed development with a larger commercial part than a residential development with a small forced commercial retail part.

• Like 1

There could be a larger commercial part as the provincial government is transferring many of its offices from ville marie to the eastern part of downtown.

That would help achieve the mix that is so important in giving it a new life.

• Like 2

On 2018-09-11 at 1:32 PM, Fortier said:

Alors pour les intéressés...

C'est PRÉVEL!!!

Are you sure that Prével bought the land? I have heard from a party who recently approached Bertone that they were not interested in selling. Could it be that Prével is partnering with Bertone on this project?

It would be a good fit. Prével has the ability to make this project financially work and is good when it comes to residential. Bertone on the other side is more a commercial developer and is missing financial ability.

Modifié par georgeplamondon10
  • Like 1

Le 2018-09-11 à 13:32, Fortier a dit :

C'est PRÉVEL!!!

Bonne nouvelle: ils ont les reins solides, ont bonne réputation auprès des acheteurs de condos, et ils livrent la marchandise généralement dans les temps.

Le 2018-09-11 à 13:58, Rocco a dit :

Prével qui se lance dans l'est de Montréal pour la 1ere fois de son histoire. Ses projets des 20 dernières années ont tous été concentrés dans le vieux-montréal, griffintown et le sud-ouest.

T'oublies l'ouest du c-v, Brossard sur le fleuve et l'Île-des-Soeurs (même si cette dernière fait partie du Grand-Sud-Ouest, mais pas de l'arrondissement Sud-Ouest!) ;)

justement dans un article aujourd'hui

https://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2018/09/18/prevel-a-40-ans-et-une-nouvelle-generation-aux-commandes

«Besoin de magie»

Griffintown n’a pas fini d’être transformé, Prével y est d’ailleurs encore actif avec Les Bassins du Havre, mais l’entreprise souhaite aussi étendre son terrain de jeu. Pour ce faire, elle mettra le cap sur d’autres quartiers qui ont également «besoin de magie».

«On espère pouvoir annoncer quelque chose au plus tard au début de 2019», a-t-elle indiqué.

Laurence Vincent ne veut pas vendre la mèche et révéler vers où son entreprise se dirige, mais elle dit être bel et bien en négociations pour l’achat de terrains. Avec tous les projets de transports en commun qui sont dans l’air, du Réseau express métropolitain jusqu’au prolongement de la ligne bleue du métro, beaucoup de terrains ont gagné en valeur et en potentiel d’attraction pour de futurs résidents. Et dans la campagne électorale qui bat son plein, des partis ont parlé de décontamination de l’est de Montréal, ce qui pourrait bien attirer les promoteurs dans ce vaste secteur mal aimé.

«Pour nous, c’est vraiment d’essayer d’identifier les sites émergents et d’essayer, de par l’habitation, de faire émerger des quartiers par le fait d’amener des humains qui vont y faire vivre des commerces et des services», a dit Mme Vincent, qui a un petit côté de gauche teintant ses actions et sa vision.