Aller au contenu

Fortier

Messages recommendés

I think the residential component will be quite varied too. Just the costs to decontaminate this huge lot will be tremendous!  So I assume it will cater to all tastes. Some social, some luxury, some middle. I also hope that it will be multi-use. This will invigorate the area east of the bridge, which has been a no-mans land commercially. A thousand new civil servants will also substantially increase demand for more services.

I presume the office component will depend on how eager the SIC is interested in transferring more employees than was announced last week (and the cost). Or else they will have to land a major tenant or two.  

With 3 major projects in the area of the Jacques-Cartier Bridge, there will be a  competition of sorts to attract their clientèle. It would be advantageous to differentiate them, with Molson being the most prestigious (higher cost per pica)  because of their proximity to the river and also to Old Montreal. But they wont be able to start demolishing before 2021 at the earliest.

Groupe Mach & QdL may be in somewhat similar categories, but it will  also depend on their respective master plans for the sites and the mix of functions. Mach is supposed to annonce their vision towards the end of this  year or early spring 2019. They may be the first out of the gate. They are already talking about including a cinema and a supermarket, maybe even a school...But they stated that they will start with the CBC Tour in 2020, which are supposed to be work spaces. Will their residential component only start after 2022?

QdL could beat them all to the punch if they come up with a tantalizing plan, borrowing on some of the ideas of the 2016 plan conceived by NYC architectural firm. If the economy holds up and if there is great interest, they could start decontaminating in 2019, and deliver a first phase in 2021. Theoretically speaking the PPU des Foubourgs should not  impose stricter regulations on this site as the PPU Sainte-Marie included this lot  in their 2012 consultation. This is especially true if the city has been working with the promoter on the new project. Will the new promoter pick up where Bertone left off? 

On that note, I am anxious to know who the new developer is, since that will give us a hint on how, and if this project will finally break ground before 2025..

Le 2018-08-16 à 13:33, FrancSoisD a dit :

Article de Maxime Bergeron là-dessus à prévoir dans La Presse du samedi prochainement?

Tu parles d'un mauvais timing pour prendre nos vacances !

Hors-ligne jusqu'au 10 septembre. Bye!

• Haha 1

Image de la nouvelle mouture du projet?

Je vais ajouter ce post/image que j'avais fait dans l'ancien fil du projet QdL le 13 juin passé. 

C'est peut-être ce projet que va nous être dévoilé. Cette mouture avait paru sur l'internet le 6 avril , qui m'a permis de le saisir. SI le terrain est vendu, cela a pris des mois de négo. Puisque ce projet est une nouvelle mouture, il est possible que ce soit celui-ci qui va être avancé par le nouveau promoteur. 

Cavalia avait  prepare un site de stationnement en surface en extrémité sud du site (longeant le boul. Rene-Levesque). Quand ils vont quitter le site en octobre, tout le site bordant la rue Sainte-Catherine et de Lormier va être libérer Belle visibilité pour recevoir un bureau de ventes. Just saying... 

Le 2018-06-13 à 14:38, IluvMTL a dit :

At last night's Ville-Marie Borough Council meeting, there was some talk about this project. And where' there's smoke, there's usually fire. Mayor Plante mentioned it as one of the 3 major projects that will change the face of this part of downtown. There were also questions from the public about this project. The mayor said that the city had not received an official project yet. But that doesn't mean that they are not aware of the new project in development. There are registered lobbyists who meet elected officials as well as the city planners to get their take before proceeding too far with a project that the current administration will not support. 

The mayor was also asked about the PPU Sainte-Marie and the new PPU des Faubourgs. She said that there will be no overlap. So, we could assume that this new PPU will not hold up the QdL project.  As I said before, there is a lot of talk circulating about the project in the last month or so. I even posted a new image of the project from the Bertone site (see below) , that was quickly removed. I think it is fair to assume that is what they are working on right now. I preferred the previous version, but I suppose we have to wait and see more of what is in store. It is somewhat of a major departure, but It does look like this version responds to some of the criticisms of the previous one. People wanted streets and they didn't want a 40 story tower next to the bridge.

QdL_2018_30221359_352739335223631_7097924684934545408_n.jpg

If the Mach projet for Radio-Canada will go up to 20 stories, and who knows what they will allow for Molson, maybe the new developer will try and get more than the 15 stories (45 metres) presently allowed on this site. Who knows, maybe the PPU des Faubourgs will actually increase density levels in the area...

Citation sur le site de Nouvelle Maison Radio-Canada à propos du projet de Groupe Mach...

il y a 26 minutes, deeworks a dit :

Oui effectivement, et je peux vous dire que ce projet avance bien, j'ai eu accès à pas mal d'infos et de rendus préliminaires, ça va être huge, une sorte de solar uniquartier. Il va y avoir un mix de residentiel, hotel, commerces et des parcs (hauteurs entre 14 et 20 étages). Je ne peux pas vous dévoiler plus pour le moment.

1 hour ago, IluvMTL said:

If the Mach projet for Radio-Canada will go up to 20 stories, and who knows what they will allow for Molson, maybe the new developer will try and get more than the 15 stories (45 metres) presently allowed on this site. Who knows, maybe the PPU des Faubourgs will actually increase density levels in the area...

Citation sur le site de Nouvelle Maison Radio-Canada à propos du projet de Groupe Mach...

It would make so much sense and I hope that this becomes the reality over the next 20 years... Montreal should densify instead creating new neighborhoods in the suburbs, which will lead to even more traffic...

Le 2018-08-21 à 14:05, georgeplamondon10 a dit :

It would make so much sense and I hope that this becomes the reality over the next 20 years... Montreal should densify instead creating new neighborhoods in the suburbs, which will lead to even more traffic...

Both will continue to take place, but who could predict up to which point the inner city may redensify itself in the long run, so to actually slow down urban sprawl, yet without excluding crucially-needed employment hubs?

il y a 2 minutes, Fortier a dit :

Ils aimeraient faire passer le COS de 4 à 6 pour possiblement 3000 unités

Je me demande s'ils vont déposer un projet avant le PPU des Faubourgs. Sinon ils vont être assujetties à la nouvelle réglementation. 

il y a 10 minutes, IluvMTL a dit :

Je me demande s'ils vont déposer un projet avant le PPU des Faubourgs. Sinon ils vont être assujetties à la nouvelle réglementation. 

En même temps, demander une augmentation de la densité nécessitera des approbations qui les obligerons assurément à se conformer aux objectifs du PPU.