Aller au contenu

New air agreement with Egypt & the UAE

caribb

Messages recommendés

More than likely both Egyptair, Emirates and Air Canada will use it to increase service out Toronto to Cairo and Dubai. It’ll probably give Westjet some opportunities there too. There’s always an outside chance Montréal may see flights to Dubai but I suspect Vancouver would be Next on their radar. Montreal may come in the next round unless Air Canada launches a route feeling the market is strong enough now. Mark would know more if he’s willing to comment. For Cairo I suspect the market in Canada is mainly out of Toronto. I’d be pretty stunned if anyone opened a YUL route there at this point. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ERJ-Boy said:

My guess is, Etihad and Emirates will increase frequency to 5x per week between Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Toronto. Air Canada will do the same. 

None of the three would try setting up a 2x a week route to YUL or YVR

Etihad and Emirates already announced that they will be flying 5x weekly  instead of 3x to YYZ.

So YYZ will get all the new service. Not surprising. Montreal, Vancouver and perhaps Calgary should get something out of the next round of updates but it’ll be years unless there’s a major shift in the market. I think I read somewhere Montreal was one of the top cities not served with a direct link to DXB and if true I’ll presume YVR is probably up there too. 

Anyways let’s now wait and see what Air Canada and Westjet does if anything. 

Modifié par caribb