Ottawa gets close to SuperTalls

On 2021-02-06 at 4:15 PM, Courge said:

It's time to revise our height limit in Montreal when Ottawa beats us 😬

On 2021-10-10 at 7:29 PM, KOOL said:

Oh yes and even Mississauga, Calgary and Edmonton beat us, Vancouver has the same limits as us because of its airport and one day the Quebec City frog will end up getting bigger than the ox by fulfilling its fantasy of having the tallest skyscraper east of Toronto. Personally I totally care because contrary to what this dear Denis said, I do not hurt for my Montreal, I am even very proud. :cool:

I believe that my fascination with skyscrapers is based on that they were beacons of the many other attributes found in an exciting city. Today, super tall buildings are built/proposed in nondescript suburbs. Should Montreal compete with these places?

Il y a 4 heures, BilMo a dit :

I believe that my fascination with skyscrapers is based on that they were beacons of the many other attributes found in an exciting city. Today, super tall buildings are built/proposed in nondescript suburbs. Should Montreal compete with these places?

La façon dont cette question est formulée est habile, parce qu'elle appelle une réponse toute simple: non.  Mais elle est trompeuse aussi: Montréal est plutôt en concurrence avec Toronto et d'autres villes de cette importance.  C'est véritablement dans cette perspective que la question des hauteurs permises à Montréal doit être posée, sans que nécessairement la réponse soit qu'il faille que lesdites hauteurs égalent ou surpassent celles de Toronto.  La concurrence ne s'exerce pas uniquement en ces termes, bien que cela en fasse partie.  Il y a bien d'autres considérations quand on compare une ville à une autre.