Southwest looking to possibly start flights to Canada from Baltimore

caribb

I guess if they’re developing international code shares there they may eventually use BWI as s jump off point to Europe and the Caribbean. Maybe they’re just positioning Canadian links to feed into that eventually. Lots of “ifs” there though... plus it’s their second biggest hub. 

Edited by caribb

On 2018-05-25 at 1:20 PM, chris said:

I wonder why BWI and not from their other hubs.

BWI-Canada doesn't seem like an enormous market.

BWI is Southwest's second largest hub by daily departures, after MDW. That's probably the main reason why they chose BWI. It can also absord new flights to Canada without much trouble, unlike MDW, which is at capacity and doesn't have room to grow.

Edited by thenoflyzone

Il y a 9 heures, jesseps a dit :

What is the possibility of SW buying a large share of Westjet because of the new rules going into effect soon or even starting their own airline alliance?

None.

with the new 787 and introducing a proper business class for longhauls, plus their alliance with delta, it would make more sense to see delta come in rather than southwest as shareholders of westjet

• 10 months later...
On 2018-05-25 at 1:20 PM, chris said:

I wonder why BWI and not from their other hubs.

BWI-Canada doesn't seem like an enormous market.

Maybe a cheaper alternative to flight to DC. Those tickets are always very expensive (I go often because my brother lives there).

Le 2019-04-07 à 20:01, Yabucoa77 a dit :

Maybe a cheaper alternative to flight to DC. Those tickets are always very expensive (I go often because my brother lives there).

That's because DC is a huge business market. 

• Like 1