Aller au contenu

Place Gare Viger - 7, 13, 20 étages

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

Il y a 4 heures, Matt a dit :

Merxi pour les photos! Sacré chantier!

Oui, depuis le temps qu'on l'attendait celui-là. Je suis certain qu'il aura une influence positive pour le quartier, autant pour le réaménagement du carré Viger que pour l'animation commerciale de ce secteur du Vieux-Montréal. Je pense notamment aux résidents du Solano et des alentours qui auront enfin des services de proximité.

• Like 1

• 2 semaines plus tard...

The more I look at this project the happier I get. The fact that we’ve basically discarded all of our heritage railway terminals is very unfortunate. It would’ve been good to at least plan to give life to the Viger grand railway hotel as an upscale hotel in the future, as I see the 1970s are finally arriving and downtown is gradually “moving east.” But I’ll take what I can get with Viger as long as the basic structure remains. 

• Like 1

il y a 34 minutes, SameGuy a dit :

The more I look at this project the happier I get. The fact that we’ve basically discarded all of our heritage railway terminals is very unfortunate. It would’ve been good to at least plan to give life to the Viger grand railway hotel as an upscale hotel in the future, as I see the 1970s are finally arriving and downtown is gradually “moving east.” But I’ll take what I can get with Viger as long as the basic structure remains. 

When plans were being drawn up for the renovation of the Old Viger Station the developers could not know that Molson would be vacating their site and that would be developed to include a promenade overlooking the river going up to the bridge.  There were no firm plans for the Radio-Canada or Porte-Sainte-Marie site either. It’s a whole new ballgame now. A hotel in the old station facing the redesigned Viger Square would probably make a lot more sense today.

• Like 2

Yes it’s very exciting to follow along what develops east of St-Laurent, especially in the under-loved areas of Vieux-Port all the way to Faubourgs. Can’t wait!

Now, while I’m daydreaming, does anyone know how difficult it would be to add an infill station on Line 4 (Yellow) in the Port with all the new density coming on line in the next 15 years? Cutting 1.3 km off the distance to Jean-Drapeau could be a key to extending the Yellow into Vieux-Longueuil and adding the necessary frequency. 

• Like 3

The Old Port final redevelopment plan has yet to be announced. It is long overdue. The prelininary plan was published before the Molson decision to move, so it's a good thing that they will now take this into account. They recently requested proposals for possible uses of Hangar 17 on the Clock Basin. Anxious to hear what they have decided and see the final master plan.

• Like 3

il y a 43 minutes, SameGuy a dit :

Yes it’s very exciting to follow along what develops east of St-Laurent, especially in the under-loved areas of Vieux-Port all the way to Faubourgs. Can’t wait!

Now, while I’m daydreaming, does anyone know how difficult it would be to add an infill station on Line 4 (Yellow) in the Port with all the new density coming on line in the next 15 years? Cutting 1.3 km off the distance to Jean-Drapeau could be a key to extending the Yellow into Vieux-Longueuil and adding the necessary frequency. 

In the best of world, that would be a great idea, but the STM said it’s impossible since the yellow line in that area is in a slope and it would required a whole reconstruction of the tunnel of the yellow which would be quite difficult to modify and brake the slope to add a « landing » for a station in the middle. Too bad in the sixties they did not think to build it. Because the Old city is close to Berri-UQAM but it’s still a walk 

• Like 2