Aller au contenu

Montreal named second-best city for millennials, not counting avocados

Nameless_1

Messages recommendés

Montreal named second-best city for millennials, not counting avocados

Berlin was No. 1, with Toronto and Vancouver ranking fifth and sixth, respectively

Montreal GazetteMONTREAL GAZETTE
Published on: March 5, 2018 | Last Updated: March 5, 2018 8:52 AM EST

Fans dance along to Major Lazer during the Osheaga Music and Arts Festival at Parc Jean Drapeau in Montreal on Saturday, August 5, 2017. (Peter McCabe / MONTREAL GAZETTE) PETER MCCABE / MONTREAL GAZETTE

Montreal may not be the most common subject of millennial trend pieces, but it has come second in the world in a new ranking of the best cities for millennials by the furnished apartment site Nestpick.

Berlin was the only city to best Montreal in a ranking that is said to have been whittled down to 100 destinations from thousands of initial options. 

The ranking combines such factors as business opportunities, housing accessibility, access to transit and good universities and pluralism. It also measures for concerns more typically associated with young people like the number of annual music festivals, domestic beer prices and Internet speed.

Avocado toast, long the totem of the millennial trend piece, does not feature in Nestpick’s measurement of basic food costs. Go figure.

Toronto and Vancouver, ranked fifth and sixth, respectively, round out the Canadian contingent in the top-10. 

http://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/montreal-named-second-best-city-for-millennials-not-counting-avocados

Too bad they wont let you download all the information in excel. I would remove a few of options for the rankings and for me what is important: Employment score, Housing score, Transport score, Health ranking and Personal freedom.

1 hour ago, jesseps said:

Too bad they wont let you download all the information in excel. I would remove a few of options for the rankings and for me what is important: Employment score, Housing score, Transport score, Health ranking and Personal freedom.

Nobody would disagree with the importance of your indicators. However, quality of life includes many other intangibles which go beyond the need for security. A lot of people would be strong on all those accounts and, yet, be totally miserable. 

Conversely, I have seen communities and even cultures who enjoyed none of the above and who nevertheless lived life to the fullest.

Millenials are still young enough to have fun!! Montreal, here we come!