Aller au contenu

895 De la Gauchetière (Gare Centrale) - ?? étages

Ju HG

Messages recommendés

il y a 46 minutes, ConcordiaSalus a dit :

I think Montreal should create a special law allowing for skinny towers going up to (and only if they attain) 250 m. This would create a very unique 2-level skyline with fat towers at 200 m and skinnies popping up 50 m higher. It would be aesthetic without jeopardizing the view of mount royal or "challenging" its status as the mountain spirit-god of Montrealers. Just sayin'.... anyways, back on topic,

That, or we pour dirt on Royal Mount, but I respect your opinion. Now, if you'll excuse me, I got to steal dirt. 

More seriously, your idea is frankly fantastic and would look gorgeous. Has any city done this? 

IMO the "easiest" route to increase height is to add a tower (the touristy type, not only a steel skeleton) on top of Mont-Royal. I don't see why we shouldn't have a 75-100 meter tower. Taller than that and it would dwarf the mountain though. And why not in the shape of the cross (in a modernized design maybe) to maintain the Heritage?

Back on topic: Je trouve la base un peu trop drabe. Par contre j'aimerais l'idée d'un plateau surélevé (les toits des édifices environnantes semblent être du même niveau que du parc surélevé). Un début d'un petit high-line Montréalais?

47 minutes ago, Decel said:

IMO the "easiest" route to increase height is to add a tower (the touristy type, not only a steel skeleton) on top of Mont-Royal. I don't see why we shouldn't have a 75-100 meter tower. Taller than that and it would dwarf the mountain though. And why not in the shape of the cross (in a modernized design maybe) to maintain the Heritage?

Back on topic: Je trouve la base un peu trop drabe. Par contre j'aimerais l'idée d'un plateau surélevé (les toits des édifices environnantes semblent être du même niveau que du parc surélevé). Un début d'un petit high-line Montréalais?

C'était l'une des aspirations de l'ancien maire Drapeau. Heureusement, ce n'est pas arrivé. Ça aurait entièrement dévasté l'écosystème du parc en plus d'amener à une nouvelle vague de spéculation immobilière sur son sommet.

Qu'on me corrige, mais je pense que le nom était censé être la tour de Paris.

• Like 3

Il y a 1 heure, paulwillyjean a dit :

C'était l'une des aspirations de l'ancien maire Drapeau. Heureusement, ce n'est pas arrivé. Ça aurait entièrement dévasté l'écosystème du parc en plus d'amener à une nouvelle vague de spéculation immobilière sur son sommet.

Qu'on me corrige, mais je pense que le nom était censé être la tour de Paris.

Spéculation immobilière?!?

Je parle d'une tour à radio avec observatoire en haut. Pense tour CN, Tour Effel, Nam Sam Tower, Tokyo Tower. Pas d'une tour à condo. Assez pour mettre la location des antennes de communication, élément lucratif à l'origine de la limite.

Il y a 1 heure, Decel a dit :

Spéculation immobilière?!?

Je parle d'une tour à radio avec observatoire en haut. Pense tour CN, Tour Effel, Nam Sam Tower, Tokyo Tower. Pas d'une tour à condo. Assez pour mettre la location des antennes de communication, élément lucratif à l'origine de la limite.

Comme la tour sur Montjuic Barcelone

39BF8538-860F-47F4-B684-CF7EEDEBAB4B.jpeg

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, blue_dragon said:

What a waste of a prime lot. Again, more Condos..Would be nice to have construction that can house high-quality commercial tenants. Then again, with Legault's new plan to battle the serious threat of Bonjour-Hi, I think we'll now have to wait much longer on the new investment front...

Mmmm with how preliminary this is I wouldn't say it's a waste just yet. It could end up mix use (as we know Cominar is all about commercial/office real estate). Also Legault has to win that battle, and he better not, Merci-Thank you

• Thanks 2