Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

Il y a 14 heures, acpnc a dit :

Le dépôt de sel n'est que provisoire, le temps de lui trouver un endroit permanent plus approprié, peut-être dans le voisinage au Port de Montréal? Je me réjouis que la SHDM développe du logement abordable pour ce site. Que m'importe que ce soit la formule Coop ou une autre, pourvu qu'on réponde aux besoins de logements accessibles pour les moins nantis. Ce sera bon pour la mixité sociale du quartier où se construisent déjà beaucoup de condos et du locatif pour la classe moyenne. 

Puisqu'il y a plusieurs bâtiments prévus, la coop éventuelle ne dominera pas le site et rien ne dit qu'on ne lui donnera pas un traitement architectural pour mieux l'intégrer au reste. De toute façon je ne préjugerai de sa facture avant d'en voir les esquisses finales. Le bon point: un terrain sous-développé admirablement bien situé participera à la revitalisation du quartier. Ce sera positif pour la démographie montréalaise, tout autant que pour son économie et les revenus de la Ville.

La porte d’entrée de Montréal souffre déjà d’un aspect bien banale avec les immeubles actuels le long de la rue Smith. Il faudrait vraiment trouver un design d’immeuble un peu plus innovant a l’instar de la cour de voirie de la commune et briser cet effet de mur homogène et plutôt standard absolument pas représentatif d’une ville à l’avant-garde de son temps.

• Réponses 901
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Il y a 9 heures, Mtlarch a dit :

La porte d’entrée de Montréal souffre déjà d’un aspect bien banale avec les immeubles actuels le long de la rue Smith. Il faudrait vraiment trouver un design d’immeuble un peu plus innovant a l’instar de la cour de voirie de la commune et briser cet effet de mur homogène et plutôt standard absolument pas représentatif d’une ville à l’avant-garde de son temps.

Je suis d'accord avec toi, mais cette initiative suppose un pouvoir municipal que la Ville ne possède pas vraiment. Malheureusement son pouvoir est seulement incitatif. On le voit bien notamment dans les demandes de permis, où l'autorité municipale émet des avis et des conditions qui ne sont que fortement suggérées, parce qu'elles ne sont pas appuyées par un pouvoir bien défini dans sa charte.

A noter qu'il est facile de réglementer les hauteurs et la densité au moyen des PPU, des valeurs aisément quantifiables. Mais quand vient la notion d'apparence (avant-gardiste ou autre), on tombe nécessairement dans un champ d'abstractions et de perceptions subjectives, donc moins évidentes, tant auprès des promoteurs que de la population en général.

Donc à mon avis la seule voie possible serait une politique architecturale clairement définie, avec des règles précises et défendues par un comité d'experts (apolitiques) reconnus, dont les décisions seraient exécutives. Ce ne sont pas toutes les demandes de permis qui passeraient par ce comité, seulement celles qui peuvent poser problème ou qui ne seraient pas conformes aux normes pré-établies dans cette politique particulière.

NB: I strongly agree with @acpnc wrt a select committee composed of a panel of experts with the power to impose much higher standards.

That said, even people who agree with the need for such restrictions are like kids visiting Disney World for the first time when they see cities with fewer restrictions that encourage flair, such as Doha or Shanghai. Sometimes, a lack of cohesion in a city’s skyline is a plus, not a minus.

8253B2B4-57B4-4888-A84E-2F751356A57D.jpeg

• Like 2

il y a 5 minutes, SameGuy a dit :

NB: I strongly agree with @acpnc wrt a select committee composed of a panel of experts with the power to impose much higher standards.

That said, even people who agree with the need for such restrictions are like kids visiting Disney World for the first time when they see cities with fewer restrictions that encourage flair, such as Doha or Shanghai. Sometimes, a lack of cohesion in a city’s skyline is a plus, not a minus.

8253B2B4-57B4-4888-A84E-2F751356A57D.jpeg

Lmao they coming for you

• Haha 1

Lmao I guess so. I didn’t say I want that here. Just pointing out that even people with the weakest appetites for garish designs are in awe the first time they visit and take in a cityscape littered with individuality. As lovely as Paris’ homogeneity is, it’s still marvellous to also take in La Grande Arche and Là Défense. À chacun son whatever. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

il y a 16 minutes, SameGuy a dit :

Lmao I guess so. I didn’t say I want that here. Just pointing out that even people with the weakest appetites for garish designs are in awe the first time they visit and take in a cityscape littered with individuality. As lovely as Paris’ homogeneity is, it’s still marvellous to also take in La Grande Arche and Là Défense. À chacun son whatever. 😉

I aggree with you. Even cities with great architectural identity like London are building more and more very impressing skyscrapers. 

What have we built that is truly outstanding since the Big O, the PVM...? We’re pretty much stuck in the past when it comes to architectural pride. We shouldn’t always have to look in the past when it’s time to talk about Montreal’s landmarks. I guess some are comfortable with this but I’m not. Our architecture needs to reflect the future as well. 

• Like 2

Pro- or con- stadium, I think the Parc Labatt proposals from 1997-2002 would have looked so amazing adjacent to downtown (ie Dow/ÉTS), but with the southern extension of downtown and the new Griffintown skyline I think it would still be a great counterpoint on the Canada Lands parcels behind Costco. 

• Like 2

il y a 25 minutes, SameGuy a dit :

Pro- or con- stadium, I think the Parc Labatt proposals from 1997-2002 would have looked so amazing adjacent to downtown (ie Dow/ÉTS), but with the southern extension of downtown and the new Griffintown skyline I think it would still be a great counterpoint on the Canada Lands parcels behind Costco. 

I have already the Bell Center in my backyard and that's enough. It bring way too much traffic and uncivilized automobile manners in the streets around. Another stadium in the area would destroy anything that would look like a city spirit and bring around a bunch of suburbans 'invading' the city 🙂 .

Push it back behind the Costco or better near the Bonaventure highway and REM is probably the best place for it. It would also benefit a nice scenic view of the city and at the same time offering space around for people to move. The best would be to integrate that to a link with a promenade along the river across the highway.

• Like 3

On 2020-07-11 at 12:28 PM, Mtlarch said:

I have already the Bell Center in my backyard and that's enough. It bring way too much traffic and uncivilized automobile manners in the streets around. Another stadium in the area would destroy anything that would look like a city spirit and bring around a bunch of suburbans 'invading' the city 🙂 .

Push it back behind the Costco or better near the Bonaventure highway and REM is probably the best place for it. It would also benefit a nice scenic view of the city and at the same time offering space around for people to move. The best would be to integrate that to a link with a promenade along the river across the highway.

It is a nightmare when there is an event at the Rogers Stadium and Scotiabank arena at the same time in Toronto, which are very close to each other. Although there is very little crossover between the MLB and NHL seasons (especially since the Leafs never go far in the playoffs), there are always events at the Scotiabank arena that happen the same day as MLB games.

On 2020-07-11 at 11:25 AM, Ousb said:

I aggree with you. Even cities with great architectural identity like London are building more and more very impressing skyscrapers. 

What have we built that is truly outstanding since the Big O, the PVM...? We’re pretty much stuck in the past when it comes to architectural pride. We shouldn’t always have to look in the past when it’s time to talk about Montreal’s landmarks. I guess some are comfortable with this but I’m not. Our architecture needs to reflect the future as well. 

+1000000000000!!! Other than 1000 DLG and 1250 RL totally agree with you that we need audacity for the future. I'm confident it will come with the direction we are in!!

• Thanks 1