Aller au contenu

600 Peel (tour résidentielle) - ?? étages

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

It's only the edge of downtown because everything around it has to be built-up.... encore une fois, vision long terme!

Re: the Eiffel tower, that's your reaction in 2018 but I suspect it would have been much different in 1889 haha

If you want extreme examples: Kingdom Tower and the Burj Khalifa

• Thanks 4

12 minutes ago, newyorkontario said:

CF has not had good luck requesting to build higher than the stated guidelines.  They wanted to build the TDC towers 180 metres high.  The OPCM said no- only 170 maximum (TDC 2 and 3 will be 166 metres).  CF wanted 210 metres for 750 Peel (or else they would have to reevaluate their investment).  The OPCM said no again.  If anything gets built at 750 Peel, the current plans is for 2 "tree stump" office buildings. 

Now comes the time for 600 Peel.  I'm sure CF wants to build to 210 metres (most likely in part because Broccolini plans to put a supertall condo near the proposed new NBC headquarters).  Again, the OPCM has to give the "green light" to build to such a height.  The expression is "3ed time a charm".  Hopefully, CF will get the "green light" this time.

I'm still waiting for my orange 180 meter office tower.

You do know that part of the 750 Peel lot is zoned at 170M as well right? other than that, I agree with you. It's a downtown lot in an area that has a ton of competition, you have to allow developers to build to the maximum, nothing less. The city has demand for a 200M residential tower and now with B.N building a new office, it'll trigger other companies to possibly do the same. 

il y a 5 minutes, mark_ac a dit :

How to ensure a Toronto company never invests in montreal again ;)

Broccolini, a local developer, has shown we don't need them B|

il y a 3 minutes, budgebandit a dit :

It's only the edge of downtown because everything around it has to be built-up.... encore une fois, vision long terme!

It's the edge of downtown because they are no more office buildings and no metro stations. It's nearly all residential from there. 

il y a 5 minutes, Davidbourque a dit :

Ce que je comprend pas c'est qu'ils avait 2 terrain 210+ et on préférer construire moins haut et la maintenant ils veulent faire des tours de 210m sur du 120m

Je ne comprends pas trop leur raisonnement..

De quels terrains parles-tu? Si je me souviens bien, ils ont eu du 170m sur les terrains de TDC 2/3.

il y a 8 minutes, vincethewipet a dit :

Le zonage de ce site a été adopté de manière relativement récente, franchement la ville n'a aucune raison de revisiter son règlement. Si CF veut une dérogation, ils devront offrir quelque chose en échange. Peut-être une bonne occasion de négocier une intégration de logements sociaux et abordables, en respect de la vision de mixité sociale de la ville. Sinon, c'est évident qu'une loi sur l'aménagement est là pour être respectée, et aucun développeur sérieux va se fâcher si on ne lui accorde pas une dérogation de manière automatique. La plupart des villes ont un plan d'urbanisme de toute manière, c'est pas unique à Montréal. Quand les règles changent en contraintes supplémentaires lors de la planification d'un projet, c'est une chose, mais développer un terrain avec des limites connues, c'est une autre, et certainement pas une raison de bouder la ville.

J'ai l'impression qu'au final, ce sera quand même la faute de Valérie Plante et son administration communiste.

il y a 1 minute, Davidbourque a dit :

Ce que je comprend pas c'est qu'ils avait 2 terrain 210+ et on préférer construire moins haut et la maintenant ils veulent faire des tours de 210m sur du 120m

Je ne comprends pas trop leur raisonnement..

De quels terrains tu parles où c’était zoné hauteur maximale ?