Aller au contenu

Place Banque Nationale - 40 étages

_mtler_

Messages recommendés

Il y a 13 heures, Rocco a dit :

Assez cocasse que ce sont les architectes qui ont dû convaincre les dirigeants de la BN qu'un édifice plus haut aurait plus d'impact.. Ayoye.. Et dire que nous leur confions nos avoirs! 

Ils sont dans les chiffres, ils devraient savoir compter... Y me semble que 10 étages de plus, ç'a plus d'impact que 10 étages de moins. Ils allument quand les architectes le leur disent. Cocasse en effet !

Il y a 12 heures, acpnc a dit :

Drôle de raisonnement? A chacun son expertise. C'est le travail des architectes de conseiller l'administration de la BN, en la guidant dans ses choix de design immobiliers. Comme dit l'expression: à chacun son métier et les vaches seront bien gardées. 

A un site de prestige il faut un immeuble conséquent. Il est clair que la BN gagnera sur tous les plans en construisant au maximum de la hauteur permise, puisqu'elle trouvera facilement preneur pour ses étages supplémentaires. Comme on parlait déjà de la visibilité supérieure qu'offrira cette entrée de ville, il va de soi qu'une architecture de qualité sera le meilleur complément à la hauteur.

Voyons si on a besoin d'architectes pour réaliser qu'un immeuble qui a dix étages de plus a plus d'impact qu'un immeuble qui a dix étages de moins ! Chacun son expertise, je veux bien, mais les dirigeants de la BN pouvaient comprendre ça sans l'aide de personne...

Bon, ils vont construire au maximum de la hauteur permise, tant mieux.

Modifié par santana99
  • Like 1
  • Confused 6

• Réponses 5,1k
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

4 hours ago, santana99 said:

Congratulations to the BN for following the recommendations of the architects. The 10 additional floors will have more striking effect, it is indisputable. 

We have different notes, regarding the return of the BMO executive to Montreal, the fact that the Bank of Montreal executive is in Toronto is a bit of an incongruity. Time will tell!

English speakers have an expression: "common sense is not so common." It is surprising that they (BNC officials) did not think that a 200m building would be more impressive than 139m building.

They were oblivious to the obvious. 

Modifié par newyorkontario
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, newyorkontario said:

English speakers have an expression: "common sense is not so common." It is surprising that they (BNC officials) did not think that a 200m building would be more impressive than 139m building.

Oh I love it. I can't stand the common sense answer.

il y a 29 minutes, newyorkontario a dit :

I don’t think there was ever a 139m in BNC’s plans... just doesn’t add up floor-wise for a modern office tower. At the beginning, BNC mentionned 36 floors, so there probably was an increase of about 40-45 meters with the 10 additional floors.

46 floors on 200m gives a height of 4.34m per floor which is about right. With similar floorplates the shorter tower would’ve measured about 156 meters.

1 hour ago, p_xavier said:Oh I love it. I can't stand the common sense answer.

And, the ultimate wisdom of common sense is highly overrated. It suits those who don’ t want to leave their comfort zone. There is no basis to argue that common sense dictates that higher is more prestigious. That particular view is nothing more than a personal preference.

• Like 2

On 4/22/2018 at 8:35 PM, SkahHigh said:

I don’t think there was ever a 139m in BNC’s plans... just doesn’t add up floor-wise for a modern office tower. At the beginning, BNC mentionned 36 floors, so there probably was an increase of about 40-45 meters with the 10 additional floors.

46 floors on 200m gives a height of 4.34m per floor which is about right. With similar floorplates the shorter tower would’ve measured about 156 meters.

Of course there was a 139m (or something substantially less than 200m) in their plans- the original announcement was for only 36 floors.  The thing is the architects (thank god) convinced BNC to add 10 floors to go 46 floors (200m). Notwithstanding the 200m on the sign at the construction site, BNC was gonna "lowball" the project (with something shorter than 200m) until they were brought to their senses.

Modifié par newyorkontario
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

il y a 11 minutes, newyorkontario a dit :

Of course there was a 139m in their plans.  The thing is the architects (thank god) convinced BNC to add 10 floors to go 200m (according to the previous posts).  Notwithstanding the 200m on the sign at the construction site, BNC was gonna "lowball" the project until they were brought to their senses.

You’re talking very confidently about this so I’m guessing you have a source?

If you don’t, I don’t think you understand the situation or the differences between office and residential buildings. Do you really believe they added 10 stories and the height jumped 60 meters?