Aller au contenu

Victoria sur le Parc - 58 étages

acpnc

Messages recommendés

1 hour ago, yarabundi said:

Je suis guide touristique et n'importe quel des gratte-ciel les plus récents ne fait pas partie de ce que je montre aux touristes. J'étais avec un couple de touristes américains il y a deux jours et le mari qui est dans l'immobilier me faisait remarquer juqu'à quel point les édifices du centre -ville en général sont d'une banalité désolente !! Je ne pouvais qu'être d'accord !! Bien que VLSP soit remarquable, ce n'est pas cet édifice qui viendra changer ce fait. 

True, our modern buildings are bland boxes for the most part. However, this is occurring in almost every major city globally. It's not an excuse, just a fact that it's the cheapest and most efficient way of building. I do wish we had more oomph in our architecture, because we are not living up to our title as a "city of design". The city's low and midrise projects are fantastic for the most part and even some high rises, but the rest... Outside a few nice ones, it is all the same. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Réponses 4,4k
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

I suppose we'll see when google earth updates its 3d imagery, but I wonder if this one isn't a bit taller than 200m - it looks considerably taller than Tour de la Bourse from many angles. It's not inconceivable that the developer reached an agreement with the city on the down-low to get to 202-203m to accommodate necessary rooftop penthouse height or something functional. I suppose we'd have to see the drawings to know for sure. 

45 minutes ago, rufus96 said:

I suppose we'll see when google earth updates its 3d imagery, but I wonder if this one isn't a bit taller than 200m - it looks considerably taller than Tour de la Bourse from many angles. It's not inconceivable that the developer reached an agreement with the city on the down-low to get to 202-203m to accommodate necessary rooftop penthouse height or something functional. I suppose we'd have to see the drawings to know for sure. 

To me it looks about 202-203 metres, but another indicator to help us out is when NB new HQ is complete, then we can compare rooftops. 

I wouldn't be surprised if NB turned out to be slightly below 200m (195-196). I think from a skyscraper geek standpoint, it would still be a win if one of them broke the symbolic 200m even if the other one didn't.

Realistically, there's a whole bunch of reasons why a tower approved at 200m would terminate +/- 2m above or below the mark. Heights of elements change slightly as the detailed design is refined and coordinated during construction.