Aller au contenu

Finance, bourse & investissement

Cataclaw

Messages recommendés

Je n'ai pas trouvé de fil sur ce sujet, alors voici : est-ce qu'il y a des passionnés de la finance ici?

Est-ce que vous investissez? Dans quoi? Comment? Quelles sont vos stratégies à long terme? Est-ce que vous visez le "FI/RE" (Financial Independence / Retire Early) ou simplement la stabilité dans vos finances? Quels sont vos projets? Comment gérez-vous votre CÉLI et votre RÉER? Comment gérez-vous le risque? Ou situez-vous sur l'échelle du risque entre les penny stocks et les comptes d'épargne/certificats de placement?

Dans mon cas je mise sur les ETF / fonds indiciels (ex. Vanguard, Blackrock iShares), approx 85% equity et 15% obligations. Quelques REIT sur le côté également.

Je pense à Bitcoin et/ou Litecoin, mais c'est tellement volatile que j'hésite.

Et vous?

I started investing after the 2008 crash, which was a great time to get in. I did a lot of risky things, got burned on some stocks and made a killing on others like Biovail (now Valeant) and Apple. All I can say is, I wish I held Bank of America, Citi longer and bought into Dollarama when it was introduced to the TSX back in October of 2019 - it is now up 15.7x (which is around like 74% per year).

ETF are great because you can buy into many companies all at once at a small price, instead of spending a fortune to buy into all of them. Just beware of the fees. I am right now in 4 different ETFs: QXM (only Quebec companies), INDA (India), ZCH (China) and HMMJ (Marijuana)

I have been lucky to find some gems on the market, that are quite small. Within the $100m to $500m market cap range and see them jump 100% in one year or even being taken over - example below of a REIT that I owned:

I do like the idea of REIT but I havent found one to replace Milestone REIT after they got taken over by a private company. On this one alone I think I made over 100% profit within a year.

I have been burned by penny stocks before, but it is my fault for being greedy and hoping to see it grow. I had well over 100% profit in one company and see it come crashing down and pretty much losing it all.

I started investing in Bitcoin and Ripple last week. I should have never waited so long. I lost out on so much profit. There are so many crypto currencies coming out and there is barely anytime to read their white-papers. For me Ripple is the future, because they are trying to aline themselves with banks, which may hurt the price of Ripple in the long run.

Just do not do what I did - buy from Coinbase with a credit card (fees) and transfer from Coinbase to Gatehub without having a wallet open (way more fees for the transfer) and the headache of trying to get the wallet to be funded. With all the fees I lost 25%. Not worth it. Please be careful and read.

Best thing to do is do research and talk with a portfolio manager. 

A coworker of mine bought a lot of Dollarama right at the start. He is one happy fellow. ;)

I invest almost solely in index ETFs. The fees for indexes are usually quite low. For example, Vanguard's Canada All-Cap (VCN) has a MER of just 0.05%.

I like your pick of ZCH. China is a good long-term bet imho.

I've had solid returns with REITs. They've been my best performer. The distributions have been very good (5-6%). I only keep 15% of my portfolio in REITs but they have been a powerhouse. VRE+XRE combined have averaged me, dividends included, just over 10% return annually. My worst performers have been bond-related, but that's the price of being a hedge in a bull market.

I tried buying Bitcoin when it was back at $8K but I got frustrated with the authentication/validation wait period of 4-5 days and I lost interest. In hindsight, I should have gone for it anyway. I was only going to put a few hundred just for fun. Oh well.

I thank my lucky stars I started mining bitcoin in 2011 and more heavily in 2013. I am at the point now where retirement is less than 12 months away and I am 42 years old.

My advice is this: It is never too late. Take 10% of whatever you would invest in typical stocks and put that into crypto if you are not comfortable. Start with an account with quadrigacx.com and buy bitcoin and ethereum. QuadrigaCX is Canadian.

Then work your way to poloniex.com or bittrex.com and buy syscoin (with bitcoin). You will be rewarded by the end of the year.

Try to fill your crypto portfolio with Ethereum, Bitcoin, IOTA, Walton, Syscoin. Civic is also another good one.

My other advice is never touch ripple. Ever. You will get burned.

Edit: Also buy Raiblocks and Ambrosa. Keep in mind this market (crypto) will go mainstream in 2018. As soon as Christmas bonuses roll around and tax refunds get deposited a lot of people will buy. It will become a 2 trillion dollar market soon.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, peekay said:

I thank my lucky stars I started mining bitcoin in 2011 and more heavily in 2013. I am at the point now where retirement is less than 12 months away and I am 42 years old.

My advice is this: It is never too late. Take 10% of whatever you would invest in typical stocks and put that into crypto if you are not comfortable. Start with an account with quadrigacx.com and buy bitcoin and ethereum. QuadrigaCX is Canadian.

Then work your way to poloniex.com or bittrex.com and buy syscoin (with bitcoin). You will be rewarded by the end of the year.

Try to fill your crypto portfolio with Ethereum, Bitcoin, IOTA, Walton, Syscoin. Civic is also another good one.

My other advice is never touch ripple. Ever. You will get burned.

Edit: Also buy Raiblocks and Ambrosa. Keep in mind this market (crypto) will go mainstream in 2018. As soon as Christmas bonuses roll around and tax refunds get deposited a lot of people will buy. It will become a 2 trillion dollar market soon.

Lucky you. I wish I got into mining bitcoin back in 2014/2015.

The only thing I dislike about buying / trading crypto currency, it takes time to either get verified or the time to transfer between exchanges.

What is wrong with Ripple? Is it because it is working with the banks?

What do you think about Stellar?

I wouldn't mind if there was a Crypto ETF that held only a few of the top crypto currencies. It would make buying much easier. 

I think stellar is also an awesome project with a good dev team backing them up. Sorry if I sound crass with ripple. A lot of my friends got caught up with ripple last spring and it tanked. Yes, the fact that it is linked to the banking industry turns off a lot of people. Also, they have 40 billion max coin count so it will not be as "rare" as bitcoin.

I have a website launching soon which will allow you to spend 50 dollars minimum on my "picks" as well as bitcoin and ethereum.  It is in beta test now. www.globaldigitalfunds.com The goal is to translate in french before the end of January.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Transferring BTC from Coinbase to Gatehub has been horrendous. The fees are crazy. I bought 0.005 BTC 1-2 weeks ago and finally got it in my GH acct yesterday and it was only 0.0025.

It is as bad as a bank to transfer money. At least I am in Ripple now and it will take a while for me to get back the money I lost in transferring. 

If I transfer from GH to Quadriga, will I get hit with transferring the wallet?