Aller au contenu

Appartements Dorchester - 37 étages

montréaliste

Messages recommendés

On 2020-05-23 at 1:41 PM, Mtlx said:

I can't believe I am going to get in to the ring with MtlUrb elder statestman Rocco BUT have you ever seen the Toronto City Hall from the back??

Every structure has a good and a bad side.  Some times it is a masterpiece but it casts an unfortunate shadow.  Or perhaps sometimes it is not the greatest design but people love it anyway because it is charmingly fugly and serves an appreciated purpose in the neighbourhood.

Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder.  So is purpose.

Here is the world acclaimed Toronto City Hall from the back.. giant concrete silos some might say and right in the centre of the city no less.  The first time I saw this perspective in person I remember thinking to myself.. Woa!  Or was it Hmmm?

Peace and Love fellow MtlUrbians  

I am still loving MtlUrb after all these years.  Long live the great city and people of la Ville de Montréal!

LiveRoof-Pic-Toronto-City-Hall-3-4-3-13.jpg

Other notable examples include the 167m tall BMO in Calgary. It is completely blind on 2 sides, but only on the upper half.

The Sheraton centre (135m) in Toronto is also completely blind on 2 sides, the Hilton right beside is shorter but same blind wall situation.

2250 Guy right here in Montreal is 120m and blind on two sides. 

So Appartements Dorchester is far from the record holder and will be hidden almost immediately by Enticy. A lot of the other blind walls I spoke of will always be visible.

Screenshot_20200524-135048_Earth.jpg

Screenshot_20200524-135120_Earth.jpg

Screenshot_20200524-132021_Earth.jpg

Screenshot_20200524-142747_Earth.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2020-05-22 at 9:40 PM, SkahHigh said:

De toute façon... On ne le verra pas tant avec Enticy. Juste la surhauteur de 40m.

On 2020-05-23 at 11:13 AM, Mondo_Grosso said:

Comme d'autres l'ont dit, le développeur n'a pas le choix pour des raisons réglementaires.  Tu peux le critiquer pour 100 autres raisons, mais pas à cause du mur aveugle.

Heureusement, l'enveloppe en verre bleu d'Enticy offrira un joli contraste avec le mur noir.  

Personnellement, j'applaudis l'audace qu'il a fallu au développeur pour tenter de construire sur un si petit terrain. Ca redéfinit ce qu'on peut faire dans un petit espace, bien sûr dans le contexte du centre-ville de Montréal

Just to build on what SkahHigh and Mondo are saying with Enticy condos blocking the east view.

The decision to leave the east wall of the building windowless could also be because the developers do not know when Concordia University will sell their Visual Arts building on 1395 René-Lévesque W to developers for a condo project (120m + i imagine). Its not a question of "if" its a question of "when" at this point as the building has been neglected for years and the University is more interested in renovating/developing the Hall Building (1455 De Maisoneuve) and are waiting for the right price to sell the Rene Levesque building. Having Enticy + a future condo where the visual arts building was + Icone blocking views out the east side were probably all reasons they decided not to go forward with windows.

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Le 2020-05-22 à 15:56, UrbMtl a dit :

Un mur aveugle de 120m. 

Sur le site de BLTA :

BLTA-1155-rue-Guy-Exterieur-2-WEB-1.jpg

BLTA-1155-rue-Guy-Exterieur-3-WEB-1.jpg

BLTA-1155-rue-Guy-Exterieur-1-WEB-2.jpg

Je trouve personnellement le traitement du mur aveugle somme toute très bien. Il sera caché en partie par Enticy comme certains l'ont fait remarquer, mais même s'il ne l'était pas, c'est le genre de mur aveugle qui ne me déplaît pas particulièrement, surtout qu'il pourrait être traité comme l'hôtel Monville, à terme, avec un jeu de lumière la nuit.

• Like 1

il y a 9 minutes, KOOL a dit :

J'imagine que le Enticy aura lui aussi un côté aveugle, non ? 

Pas forcément, il faudra voir si le projet propose un recul sur sa façade latérale (de côté) et si le retrait est suffisant important pour y mettre des fenêtres (façades de rayonnement). Chose certaine, Enticy en cachera une grande partie dans le cadre d'une perspective à partir de René-Lévesque. 

Je trouve que le promoteur a fait un traitement très acceptable pour ce mur aveugle, qui n'a d'autre choix de que de respecter le droit de vue, puisqu'il est à la limite mitoyenne du lot. Il sera aussi grandement caché par l'Enticy qui se démarquera avec cette toile de fond. Finalement il faudrait un jour décrocher de cette fixation sur les murs aveugles, comprendre le code du bâtiment et aussi connaitre les contraintes et les limites d'aménagement pour les espaces intérieurs de certains types d'édifices. Dénoncer pour dénoncer n'apporte donc rien de constructif et nous fait constamment tourner en rond inutilement.

• Like 1

On 2020-05-26 at 7:44 AM, SupremeMTL said:

Just to build on what SkahHigh and Mondo are saying with Enticy condos blocking the east view.

The decision to leave the east wall of the building windowless could also be because the developers do not know when Concordia University will sell their Visual Arts building on 1395 René-Lévesque W to developers for a condo project (120m + i imagine). Its not a question of "if" its a question of "when" at this point as the building has been neglected for years and the University is more interested in renovating/developing the Hall Building (1455 De Maisoneuve) and are waiting for the right price to sell the Rene Levesque building. Having Enticy + a future condo where the visual arts building was + Icone blocking views out the east side were probably all reasons they decided not to go forward with windows.

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

I highly doubt that the developers of Le Dorchester  - a rental building no less - put any thought into what is going to be built 2 blocks away at some unknown date.   This is a downtown core, buildings of all sizes and heights block all kinds of site lines.   If I understand your thinking, why didn't Brocco build L'Avenue with a blind wall to the north that faces Roccabella and vice versa?   Rocco 3 should be blind walls on 3 sides.  

• Like 2