Aller au contenu

Kubik Pointe-Claire - 6, 6, 10, 10 étages

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

10 hours ago, SameGuy said:

Next phase is starting, no?

Yeah, they started fencing up the last section just before they went on Construction holiday, though they haven't moved the sales office yet, the last phase (4) is built over that part of the lot. 

• Like 1

• 1 mois plus tard...
3 hours ago, go_habs_go said:

Nice addition to the area which will should help revitalize the Valois Village. Hopefully the MTQ will improve the state of the nearby Dorval circle soon, it's an unpleasant adventure every time I'm on it!! 

Hoo boy that ship sailed a loooong time ago. The final version of the Dorval interchange is nothing like the original concept released in 2009. Basically, they quietly spent five times the projected cost to build roughly one-fifth of the original design and then, with great fanfare, announced that the major work is done. This is what it was supposed to be:

image.thumb.jpeg.a7c9a24957ef8447475e21961facfefc.jpeg

Here’s what we are getting:

image.thumb.jpeg.e2d1e7d42cb0f256dfca206ca6530228.jpeg

Perhaps if the intermodal station (REM-VIA-exo-STM) gets the green light, something closer to the 2009 concept will come out of it.

1 hour ago, SameGuy said:

Hoo boy that ship sailed a loooong time ago. The final version of the Dorval interchange is nothing like the original concept released in 2009. Basically, they quietly spent five times the projected cost to build roughly one-fifth of the original design and then, with great fanfare, announced that the major work is done. This is what it was supposed to be:

image.thumb.jpeg.a7c9a24957ef8447475e21961facfefc.jpeg

Here’s what we are getting:

image.thumb.jpeg.e2d1e7d42cb0f256dfca206ca6530228.jpeg

Perhaps if the intermodal station (REM-VIA-exo-STM) gets the green light, something closer to the 2009 concept will come out of it.

Sorry, I meant to say the Sources circle interchange right next to Kubik, not sure why I wrote Dorval!! D'oh! But yeah I do remember the initial plans for Dorval being much nicer than what is actually happening (as per your diagram). As for the Sources interchange at the 20 I think the plan is just to shore up the existing crumbling structure, it's too expensive to replace. But man some of the merges there are sooo dangerous! 

• 6 mois plus tard...
  • 8 mois plus tard...