SMS is killing me. Rogers is making a killing off me thats for sure :greedy:

It was like 0.66$/txt when I was in the US. Thank god I only sms like 80+ times, honestly that still :greedy: I just checked its 0.25$/txt to the US or something :S I have a feeling my next bill the texting will be like $250.

I just we had an unlimited international sms plan or something. There is one carrier in the US has an unlimited plan for international sms, not sure for what cities though :yawn:

It just sucks that Rogers does have an IM plan but it is only for MSN and Yahoo. I wish they had AIM also. I hope they get an AIM IM plan when Rogers has the iPhone.

Honestly I would love unlimited International text (USA) for like $50-75/month

It just sucks that Rogers does have an IM plan but it is only for MSN and Yahoo. I wish they had AIM also. I hope they get an AIM IM plan when Rogers has the iPhone.

Honestly I would love unlimited International text (USA) for like $50-75/month

Here's a suggestion that helped me save:

Check your service provider to see if they have a deal with your employer. If you work for a relatively large corporation or organization, you may be able to get a deal. Few people know about this, so it remains affordable. I know Rogers has deals with hundreds of organizations across Canada. Hope this helps.

EDIT: If you are a student, there are options there too. It's just a matter of asking.

• 2 weeks later...

I was doing some calculating today.

Honestly International SMS (2500 msgs) should be $125/month (0.05$/msg). Seeing with Rogers you need to buy like 50 plans at $7/month to get a plan of 2500 msgs and it will cost $350/month (0.14$/msg).

I just love how the Government lets Rogers/Bell and other telecom companies screw over the citizens.

Texting in Canada (2500 msgs) should be like $25/month, but its 2500 msgs locally at $15/month.