Aller au contenu

Brasserie Molson - Expansion ou Remplacement ?

YUL

Messages recommendés

I imagine that the city will rake in a fair amont of money from real estate and commercial taxes if condos and businesses are built there. New startups may decide to locate their offices there. It is hard to predict what the demand will be many years down the road. But this is private investment, so we should be thrilled!

I'm not against keeping industries operating in Montréal, but this is about decisions affecting their future. It's about possibly relocating to a more appropriate site for the long haul . Locations that made good sense 100 years ago, make no sense today. They still want to keep the Horse Palace running In Griffintown, but calèches are on their way out. Lachine Canal was very important to Montreal prosperity back in the day, but the seaway opened and that all changed. You can't stop progress.

Molson is about to make a very big and important investment and it is perfectly normal that they evaluate all scenarios. They are looking at their bottom line above all else. They have their shareholders to answer to. This won't be an emotional decision. If it makes more sense to stay put, I'm sure they will.

But, as time goes by I personally think the port will have fewer activités west of the bridge, more and more residents will move to the area and people will continue to demand acces to the river. This isn't about today, this is about 10 or 20 years down the road. Molson is the last big industry in the area. Once the CBC property is built up, people will be complaining about the smell and as time goes on it will make no sense to be stuck in the middle of a residential neighborhood. Just saying....

sent via Tapatalk

Modifié par IluvMTL

Don't forget the jobs, the economic activity. Peoples are not working only in offices. Montreal is more than Ville-Marie district. There are 19 arondissement. Well like i told you before, cities like Buenos Aires and Barcelona still have industrial and economic activities close to their center core.

About the smell it's not that bad i live in Lasalle close to the Labatt brewery there is nothing to complaint about that smell. I still remember the stronger smell of General Mills former plant producing Maxwell House coffee on the 90th avenue in Lasalle.

More in the past i could smell also the arome coming from the Seagram Distillery quite particular.

Modifié par andre md

Governments can zone areas for particular activités or uses, but you can't force companies to locate or remain there if it doesn't make economic sense to them. The employees interviewed seemed quite happy with the Molson announcement. Everyone believed that relocating was in the cards.

LaSalle is a little further out from downtown and the people who live there might actually work at the plants you mentionned. In 2025 I can't see these type of industries operating between the Jacques-Cartier and Champlain bridges. Molson is next to 2 Metro stations. I wonder how many of their employees travel via public transport, and how many people live in the area of the brasserie...

sent via Tapatalk

C'est une nouvelle cyclique, ça fait plusieurs fois qu'on en entend parler. Cependant, c'est presque évident qu'une telle industrie va finir par déménager, c'est une question de temps et je crois qu'on est proche.

Une telle industrie a besoin d'espace et l'emplacement actuel est très limitatif, tant pour la manutention que pour l'expansion. De plus, comme plusieurs l'ont mentionné, le site devient de plus en plus convoité et il pourrait assurément y avoir un bon deal à faire. Finalement, ce qui semble intéresser les gens c'est plus l'icone que les activités qui s'y passent, ce qui peut très bien être mit en valeur.

C'est le même sort pour Farine Five Roses qui, en plus, est un compétiteur du présent propriétaire! Les gens idéalisent, ils veulent un icone mais pas ce qui vient avec.

Ce qui va arriver c'est que Molson va déménager dans un endroit stratégique pour son futur et ils vont fort probablement rester propriétaire de l'usine actuelle et y créer une offre diversifiée. Je verrais évidement un volet résidentiel mais surtout un incubateur de start-ups et pourquoi pas garder un secteur pour un volet industriel de brasserie ou de distillerie moins gourmand axé sur de nouveaux marchés en pleine effervescence?

HOMERUN | Jul 28, 2015 | 7:05

What to do with the Molson brewery on Notre-Dame?

Molson-Coors is examining the future of their Notre-Dame brewery. Dinu Bumbaru from Heritage Montreal hopes that the heritage value of the site is maintained.

http://www.cbc.ca/player/AudioMobile/Homerun/ID/2672635119/

sent via Tapatalk

Bumbaru qui parle de la valeur patrimoniale de l'usine. S'il avait vécu au moment de sa construction, je n'aurais pas été surpris qu'il déchire sa chemise en disant que "Ça écrase le voisinage", "Ça cache le fleuve pour les habitants du nord, etc.

Misère....

PS: je suis d'accord pour la valeur patrimoniale, don't get me wrong. Mais je me moque du manque de relativisme de ce monsieur, quand je pense à l'histoire de la Maison Alcan.

S'il transforme l'usine en condos ou autres, Molson pourrait probablement faire un très bon coup de marketing en y installant une microbrasserie à l'intérieur avec une grosse thématique sur l'histoire de la bière à Montréal et peut être même faire revivre des anciennes recettes.

Il y aurais moyen d'en faire un lieu incontournable en ville et en plus on respecterait l'héritage du site.

Je crois que l'idée d'un musée fera l'unanimité et ce, peu importe ce qui adviendra de l'édifice. Molson, fondée à Montréal en 1786, fait partie du patrimoine de notre ville. Il est impératif qu'une partie de ce lieu historique devienne accessible au public dans le futur.