Aller au contenu

Montréal-Trudeau consolidates its position as an international hub

Messages recommendés

12 minutes ago, qwerty said:

Ye! Hope this is satisfiying to you... For some weird reasons... 

If they end up coming in the next 24 months, what are you going to do?

It is satisfying to anyone affiliated with Air Canada. There is a strong resistance to the Gulf States airlines which are developing the Gul State hubs to eventually displace European hubs as the main jumping off points for Africa and Asia. AC has no current capacity in the Gulf State region and I suspect hat it would be more difficult for them to compete with the Gulf airlines than with European airlines. So, they encourage our government to resist the Gulf initiatives. Of course, this goes against the best interests of the consumer. Capitalists love competition until they actually have it.

• Like 1

So, they encourage our government to resist the Gulf initiatives.

Ultimately both sides wish to simultaneously expand their market share while resisting competition, hence bilaterals that aim to meet the needs of both countries.

Air France : La nouvelle compagnie à bas coûts s’appelle Joon

Comme ils vont faire surtout du low yield,bientôt à YUL à l'été 2018?

http://www.quotidiendutourisme.com/transport/air-france-la-nouvelle-compagnie-a-bas-couts-sappelle-joon/149908

1 hour ago, bxlmontreal said:

Air France : La nouvelle compagnie à bas coûts s’appelle Joon

Comme ils vont faire surtout du low yield,bientôt à YUL à l'été 2018?

http://www.quotidiendutourisme.com/transport/air-france-la-nouvelle-compagnie-a-bas-couts-sappelle-joon/149908

My god, the future of travel is Rouge style....

21 hours ago, mark_ac said:

It's really frustrating arguing with you. You simply don't know what you're talking about. Debating with a stone might yield better results 

air Canada serves Dubai Delhi and Mumbai from Toronto and Delhi from Vancouver.  Where do you think most of Qatar and Emirates traffic goes to -> India!! So much for your claim that air Canada doesn't the serve the Gulf 

did you know mont royal my dear friend that less than 6% of Qatar traffic on Montreal-Doha actually is destined for Doha.

do you think a prospective Montreal-Dubai is there to serve the gulf demand? There's very little market from Montreal. 

so if you're going to argue with me know your facts. 

Actually, my point coincides largely with yours. I am talking about the Gulf region becoming the preferred hub-region for travellers from here going through to Asia and Africa. If the Gulf airlines were to come to Montreal in large numbers, they would definitely take a significant proportion of that traffic which currently goes through European hubs. In my view, given the strength of the AC European connections and their relative weakness in the gulf region, the Gulf airlines would take an increasing percentage of Montreal passengers heading to central Asia or certain parts of Africa.  We already see a ferocious opposition in the US to the expanding capacity of Gulf-based airlines there, and it is easy to understand their  apprehension. And, if I were AC, I would be concerned if we opened up the flood-gates for Gulf airlines to fly out of  Montreal or elsewhere in Canada. Nor do I have any doubts that these concerns are well known in Ottawa. Western airlines are competing with airlines from a region where a quart of oil costs less than a quart of water, and where government control is the norm. Basically, the traditional equilibrium between Europe and NA, based on the recognition that Europe is the main jumping off point to Asia and Africa, has become irrelevant.   

4 hours ago, mark_ac said:

This is where you don't know your facts. The leader in demand from Montreal to Africa and the Middle East is Air France / KLM due to their more diversified network than Lufthansa.

I would never hire as a trade negotiator. What benefit do Canadian carrier have by having more access to Dubai and Abu Dhabi? Meanwhile look at all the benefit Emirates and Etihad have - their home markets are of little interest. Meanwhile, under your proposal, they can come unlimited to Canada and take traffic via their hubs to their geography. That's not a fair deal. Canadian carrier like Air Canada, based in Montreal and employing thousands of people in Montreal get no benefit out of the deal, meanwhile Emirates get to create more jobs and more economic opportunity in Dubai. 

This is a bad deal as trump would say

So we agree.

Well it is... look how hard they tried to block Turkish from flying here (which got plenty of media attention)... Don't be naive, any company like Air Canada will lobby in their favour... It's not a negative thing, it's just business... They'd be fools not to do it... 

Air Canada is doing an amazing job at growing their YUL hub, and they don't get half the praise they deserve for that! I think what we'll see next in terms of expansion will be mostly North American when they start getting the CS300. I think Victoria, Seattle and San Diego would be interesting destinations to add to the network. 

il y a 1 minute, ERJ-Boy a dit :

Well it is... look how hard they tried to block Turkish from flying here (which got plenty of media attention)... Don't be naive, any company like Air Canada will lobby in their favour... It's not a negative thing, it's just business... They'd be fools not to do it... 

Air Canada is doing an amazing job at growing their YUL hub, and they don't get half the praise they deserve for that! I think what we'll see next in terms of expansion will be mostly North American when they start getting the CS300. I think Victoria, Seattle and San Diego would be interesting destinations to add to the network. 

Seattle et San Diego seraient sans contredits des destinations qui seraient les bienvenues..