Aller au contenu

YUL - Nouveau terminal

Trudeau

Messages recommendés

2 hours ago, Alexcaban said:

I hope this new terminal will be like they set it up in Toronto, Air Canada and Star Alliance only.

Actually , we have a chance to do it better than Toronto. Separating terminals makes transfers more tricky and Toronto transfers are are bad at the best of times and worse if you have to change terminals. Hopefully, we will learn from the mistakes of others; including Toronto. 

3 minutes ago, mont royal said:

Actually , we have a chance to do it better than Toronto. Separating terminals makes transfers more tricky and Toronto transfers are are bad at the best of times and worse if you have to change terminals. Hopefully, we will learn from the mistakes of others; including Toronto. 

Not if you are booked on Star Alliance connections (i.e ZRH-YUL-YHZ with Swiss), you wouldn't have to change terminal. 

7 hours ago, Alexcaban said:

I hope this new terminal will be like they set it up in Toronto, Air Canada and Star Alliance only.

I highly doubt there will be a new access road to this terminal. This will most likely be like the aeroquay (underground tunnel leading to it), just bigger ! Picture Terminal E at ZRH, their midfield terminal, something like that, maybe a bit smaller (12 or 14 gates for heavies), in between runway 10/28 and where the current aeroquay is. That's what I think will likely happen.

Runway 10/28 will disappear, so will the aeroquay, to make room for this terminal. And I highly doubt it will be big enough to handle all Star Alliance flights. If anything, all other alliances will move there, while AC and Star will retain all of the international jetty (16 gates).

This is what I think. All will be revealed at the end of 2017.

Modifié par thenoflyzone

4 minutes ago, mark_ac said:

Don't build a new terminal.

Montreal at best needs an infield concourse.

To  be very honest, i'm really not sure Montreal needs another terminal or concourse. Air Canada is coming to the end of its growth cycle, WestJet won't invest widebodies in Montreal, and Air Transat may no longer be whole by the time.

We need to improve road access, the city side amenities (curb side, traffic, access to the highway).

I agree. Access to terminal and public transit need to improve first and foremost. REM is a priority !

il y a 52 minutes, mark_ac a dit :

Don't build a new terminal.

Montreal at best needs an infield concourse.

To  be very honest, i'm really not sure Montreal needs another terminal or concourse. Air Canada is coming to the end of its growth cycle, WestJet won't invest widebodies in Montreal, and Air Transat may no longer be whole by the time.

We need to improve road access, the city side amenities (curb side, traffic, access to the highway).

Correct me if I'm wrong.

ADM (Rainville) seems to be planning for the medium term. They are looking at 10 years time or more. By that time, a lot will happen. The R.E.M. will be in place, access should have improved. I think it is realistic for 20 m pax in 10 years time. A growth of less than 2% per year.

1 hour ago, mark_ac said:

The current facility can handle 20M pax. We're gonna hit 17 million this year.

The issue is purely city side.

With a growth of 5%, we're hitting 20 million in less than 4 years. 

2017   17,418,000
2018   18,289,000
2019   19,203,000
2020   20,163,000

45 minutes ago, mark_ac said:

What exactly is the issue though? Runway? Ramp/Apron? Air Space? Curb side access? 

I guarantee you its not gate space or runway space .

The problem right now that ADM has is not gate or runway space, it is mostly check-in space, baggage rooms/hall and the customs hall.

7 hours ago, mark_ac said:

What exactly is the issue though? Runway? Ramp/Apron? Air Space? Curb side access? 

I guarantee you its not gate space or runway space .

Stating this summer, ADM will need to board some flights directly from the apron because of the lack of gates. It's a specific high saison problem but the situation is going to increase every years. 

54 minutes ago, playmind said:

Stating this summer, ADM will need to board some flights directly from the apron because of the lack of gates. It's a specific high saison problem but the situation is going to increase every years. 

....and remote parking and boarding is the right solution. It is done at all busy airport during peak seasons. Plenty of other issues ADM needs to tackle first. 

-Road access to departures level needs to improve.

-Customs hall and baggage hall

-Taxiways need some tweaking. The runways need proper high speed exits, to increase capacity.

These are just a few examples, which in my book, are far more pressing than building additional contact gates. ADM knows this as well, and they will tackle these issues in the coming months/years.

Modifié par thenoflyzone