il y a une heure, Dallas72 a dit :

Not sure if anyone is aware, but there is serious discussion in Asia of potential Hong Kong or Shenzhen direct route to YUL.

I was not aware of that but I am glad to hear that there is a strong possibility. Montréal has many direct international destinations. Here is how we look when we compare ourselves in terms of international flights:

Montréal - 89

Boston - 46

Toronto - 110

Vancouver - 41

Montréal's weakness is on the domestic side.

il y a 8 minutes, Normand Hamel a dit :

I was not aware of that but I am glad to hear that there is a strong possibility. Montréal has many direct international destinations. Here is how we look when we compare ourselves in terms of international flights:

Montréal - 89

Boston - 46

Toronto - 110

Vancouver - 41

Montréal's weakness is on the domestic side.

Damn comment Vancouver nous bat en nombre de passagers je comprends pas ! A cause des vols domestiques ?

il y a 1 minute, Ousb a dit :

Damn comment Vancouver nous bat en nombre de passagers je comprends pas ! A cause des vols domestiques ?

Je n'ai pas les chiffres exactes pour les vols intérieurs, mais je sais que les gens de Montréal voyagent peu à l'intérieur du Canada, et vice versa. C'est que les Québécois ont moins de parenté et d'amis dans les autres provinces.

42 minutes ago, raphi said:

As tu des sources pour affirmer l interet pour un vol sur Hong kong?

J'avais lu à plusieurs reprises ici que l'OD était semblable à Shanghai, et celui de Bali n'arrivait pas à l'achalandage audiovisuel.

Modifié par p_xavier

il y a une heure, p_xavier a dit :

I'm heading to Shanghai this month, just to try the Tron Legacy ride at Disneyland. The buisness class prices were cheaper than to go to Europe in Premium Economy.

If you are patient, you could just wait about 3 years until they complete the one in Orlando.

1 hour ago, Dallas72 said:

In that case, we are in agreement sir.  God bless.  

On my last flight to Asia beginning of March, I took the direct Shanghai (try the snack noodles on AC, they are tremendous), and our people in Asia were impressed that we are at our 3rd Asian destination......I guess yes, you can say, Flyiin.  AC is very respected in Asia, especially in my domain in freight cargo.  Not sure if anyone is aware, but there is serious discussion in Asia of potential Hong Kong or Shenzhen direct route to YUL.  Especially for Cargo.  Shenzhen has an amazing airport facility and cargo originating from Hong Kong are sometimes shipped through near by Shenzen.  Remains to be seen, but Southern Chinese vendors are pushing for a direct and convenient flight in that area, and I am certain at 3 to 4 times weekly service would do very well, especially on a 777 with more cargo space.  

There is essentially very little interest in above. I won't say more.

3 minutes ago, ToxiK said:

If you are patient, you could just wait about 3 years until they complete the one in Orlando.

La patience est une qualité que je n'ai pas, et j'attends Brightline pour le voyage. Je passais un mois à Ft. Lauderdale en hiver d'habitude mais jamais été à Orlando sauf les trops fréquents orages qui forcent l'attérissage là.

7 minutes ago, mark_ac said:

There is essentially very little interest in above. I won't say more.

I`m sorry Mark, but the noodles on AC are in fact incredible......sorry you disagree :) 

Chinese carriers are maxed out in Canada. That includes freight only flights. Air China cut its cargo flights to YEG in order to boost service to YUL/YVR.

No room left in the bilateral to expand service.

15 minutes ago, Dallas72 said:

I`m sorry Mark, but the noodles on AC are in fact incredible......sorry you disagree

Hehe....

49 minutes ago, Ousb said:

YVR has more international (including US) passengers than YUL. About 1 million more. Most of that is to the US and China. Just like most of ours is to the Caribbean and France.

ranking of North American airports based on full year international passenger figures for 2017 (except otherwise noted):

1. JFK 32.4 million
2. YYZ 25.04 million (til Oct '17)
3. LAX 24.8 million
4. MIA 21.5 million
5. CUN 15.79 million
6. MEX 15.75 million
7. PTY 15.6 million
8. SFO 13.4 million
9. EWR 12.9 million
10. ORD 12.46 million
11.YVR 12.43 million
12. ATL 12.03 million