Porter Airlines Expension plan ???

Sandro

It's great news, but I think they would give a shot at establishing a hub at YOW rather than at YUL... YOW is relatively underserved, especially when it comes to business travel, which is Porter's main customer base. Don't get me wrong, I think they will expand at YUL, but their next hub, if there is one, will be in Ottawa IMO.

Would they?? They go after totally different customers...*

What's cool about Porter is that they are really successful with business travellers. Their position on the market is just that: a business airline! Therefore, they can start flights out of YOW, YQB, YUL to major business destinations in the Northeast!!!

That's what I'd do if I were them before getting the C-Series. Of course I'm not an expert on the airline industry, although I worked closely with some of them recently.*

I've said it before, and i'll say it again....Porter and Air Transat would be a perfect fit for each other. One should either buy the other, or they establish a in-depth strategic alliance with a hub at YUL.

Transat is a cheap airline when it comes to service and legroom, with older planes, serving low-yield vacation spots, for cheap prices, and leisure travels. Where do you a perfect fit?

• 1 month later...

The following is part of an interview this week with the CEO of Porter Airlines, Robert DeLuce.

Do you have any specific goals in the next 10 years?

We’re not committed to any particular plan at this point — other than receiving three to six Q400 turboprop airplanes and developing new key routes. We may even look at our other focus cities for another hub, like Montreal, Ottawa, and Halifax, but we haven’t made any specific decisions right now. We continue to leave our deposits in place with our C-Series jets … but don’t read into that too much; we’re leaving our options open.