Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

• Administrateur
Yes and no though the paper is checked when you exit the terminal rather than at one of the regular lines.

No the paper is checked at another line and checked again at the exit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Réponses 41
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Quoi qu'il en soit, on est six millions à penser que cette durée d'attente est inacceptable et inexcusable.

(J'ai arbitrairement soustrait 2 millions pour arriver au mythique 6--ce qui tombe bien, puis qu'il n'est pas déraisonnable d'imaginer que les deux millions restants sont indifférents).

La Presse makes a reference to Air Canada`s silence on this issue, compared to other airlines who have forwarded their concerns to Ottawa. They attempt no explanation for this, but the observation remains hanging in the air.

Would AC use this as a pretext to shift additional flights to Toronto? That would be rather absurd, since the waiting times in Toronto are generally much worse than here; in fact, more and more people appear to deliberately avoid transferring through Toronto just for that reason.

Or, is it simple discretion? Do they want to strengthen their hubbing here and are quietly encouraging the feds to get their act together at YUL?

Or maybe it is a realization that this is a very temporary problem, limited to the highest travel times of the year and can be readily solved before the next peak season.

Looking at AC`s end of October changes, at first glance they seem to be cutting back flights out of YUL quite dramatically. Maybe the new scheduling when it appears will be more clear, but the way it is right now it looks as if there will not even be a daily flight to CDG after October.

La Presse makes a reference to Air Canada`s silence on this issue, compared to other airlines who have forwarded their concerns to Ottawa. They attempt no explanation for this, but the observation remains hanging in the air.

Would AC use this as a pretext to shift additional flights to Toronto? That would be rather absurd, since the waiting times in Toronto are generally much worse than here; in fact, more and more people appear to deliberately avoid transferring through Toronto just for that reason.

Or, is it simple discretion? Do they want to strengthen their hubbing here and are quietly encouraging the feds to get their act together at YUL?

Or maybe it is a realization that this is a very temporary problem, limited to the highest travel times of the year and can be readily solved before the next peak season.

Looking at AC`s end of October changes, at first glance they seem to be cutting back flights out of YUL quite dramatically. Maybe the new scheduling when it appears will be more clear, but the way it is right now it looks as if there will not even be a daily flight to CDG after October.

You my friend are paranoid. I'd love to know how you come up with this stuff.*

You my friend are paranoid. I'd love to know how you come up with this stuff.*

Let me be paranoid too: could the Federal government use the airport as blackmail to get us to agree to the pipeline. Like "we can't help you unless you let us build the pipeline". I know it seems far-fetched, but I am sure a lot of people in the ROC would agree with that tactic.

Where is your source for this information?

Where is your source for this information?
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *The current detailed AC timetable on line. As of October 30, the cuts to YUL are sustantial. However, as I said, and since the timetable only goes to October, they may simply have not filled in the full schedules at that point. I agree that that makes more sense than such drastic cuts, but that is the way it is currently presented.*

This is one solution to overcrowding at YUL; at least until next summer.

See:

http://services.aircanada.com/portal/rest/timetable/pdf/ac-timetable-en.pdf?locale=en&app_key=AE919FDCC80311DF9BABC975DFD72085

Below is only a partial list of changes heading into this winter. I don`t have the time or the energy to compare flights to Toronto, NYC or Chicago for example. Most cuts are normal, including the cessation of the Rouge flights, but some are quite surprizing; especially the dramatic cuts at LA and San Francisco and, of course, Paris.

There is a possibility that the next publication of scheduling will be clearer and more encouraging about what happens after Nov 6

Athens; no flights after Oct 13:

Barcelona; no flights after Oct 21:

Brussels; from daily to 4 weekly after Oct 30:

Cancun; from daily to 2 weekly after Oct 1:

Casablanca; no flights after Oct 28:

Denver; from 1 daily to 1 weekly after Nov 6:

Edmonton; from 3 daily to 5 weekly after Nov6:

Geneva; from daily to 4 weekly after Oct 30:

Houston; from 1 daily to 1 weekly after Nov 6:

London UK; from a 777 daily to a 333 4 times a week:

Los Angeles; from 4 daily to roughly 1 daily:

Lyon; 2 weekly after Oct 29: