Aller au contenu

HEC Montréal (pavillon centre-ville) - 8 étages

Mokita

Messages recommendés

• Réponses 1k
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

I’ve been admiring the HEC project from afar.  However, today, for the first time, I walked along de la Gsuchetiere.  I find that the building is just very confusing for they eye given the space to take it all in, and unfortunately it diminishes the Cathedral’s weight and height.  This project should not be fighting for attention.  It should complement the diversity of what was Paper Hill.  It is very cold and too angular in my opinion,  trying too much.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, steve said:

I’ve been admiring the HEC project from afar.  However, today, for the first time, I walked along de la Gsuchetiere.  I find that the building is just very confusing for they eye given the space to take it all in, and unfortunately it diminishes the Cathedral’s weight and height.  This project should not be fighting for attention.  It should complement the diversity of what was Paper Hill.  It is very cold and too angular in my opinion,  trying too much.

100%. Street wise it is a huge fail, with the cave-in in the middle and all those weirdly shaped angles that distract the eyes. Hopefully the final product with cladding will look a bit better, but it is no KPMG highlighting the cathedral. Its like a melted building craving for attention.

• Confused 1

Il y a 2 heures, steve a dit :

I find that the building is just very confusing for they eye given the space to take it all in, and unfortunately it diminishes the Cathedral’s weight and height.  This project should not be fighting for attention. It should complement the diversity of what was Paper Hill.  It is very cold and too angular in my opinion,  trying too much.

The height of the new HEC building is identical to the height of the cathedral, and this is no accident. As for the angularity of the building you will notice that the HEC triangle on the corner of La Gauchetière is very similar to the shape of the adjacent building on Beaver Hall. Personally, I love to see a spectacular building like the HEC right beside an equally imposing, but more classic, building like Saint Patrick's Basilica. I find the contrast lovely and it's actually a trademark of Montréal.

Vue aérienne.jpg

• Like 1

il y a 6 minutes, Normand Hamel a dit :

The height of the new HEC building is identical to the height of the cathedral, and this is no accident. As for the angularity of the building you will notice that the HEC triangle on the corner of La Gauchetière is very similar to the shape of the adjacent building on Beaver Hall. Personally, I love to see a spectacular building like the HEC right beside an equally imposing, but more classic, building like Saint Patrick's Basilica. I find the contrast lovely and it's actually a trademark of Montréal.

Vue aérienne.jpg

Je partage ton avis, et j'en profite pour rappeller que ce n'est pas la première fois qu'HEC affiche une préférence pour des bâtiments "originaux", qu'on les aime ou pas.  Voir le pavillon de l'avenue Decelles à l'extrémité ouest du campus de l'UdeM, et le pavillon plus récent sur le chemin de la Côte Sainte-Catherine.   Un état d'esprit particulier.  L'opposé de l'anonymat.  

Il y a 3 heures, Rocco a dit :

Street wise it is a huge fail

I am not so sure of that.

Souvent ce qui me fait tomber en amour avec un projet c'est l'accès à partir de la rue et son interaction avec celle-ci. Or selon moi le HEC se trouve en harmonie parfaite avec son environnement du point de vue des accès qu'il offre à tous ceux qui voudront arpenter les lieux, peu importe d'où ils arriveront.

D'abord l'entrée principale sur Beaver Hall est aussi invitante qu'élégante (1). Elle est large et lumineuse comme il se doit pour le principal point d'entrée de l'édifice. À partir du trottoir les marcheurs n'auront que quelques pas à faire pour pénétrer à l'intérieur. Et au besoin ils pourront également emprunter l'ancienne entrée du stationnement sur le côté pour se rendre vers l'entrée nord (2).

À partir de La Gauchetière ils pourront flâner quelques instants sur les ruines du St. Bridget’s Refuge (3) avant d'enter dans l'édifice, ou bien emprunter le sentier (4) qui contourne l'immeuble à l'est et qui fait la connexion avec l'entrée nord.

Parlant d'entrée nord, il existe déjà une belle entrée sur René-Lévesque (5) qui a été préservée et qui permettra aux piétons de se diriger vers l'entrée nord (6) en longeant la basilique.

Sans oublier l'accès à partir de la rue Saint-Alexandre (7) où se trouve un charmant escalier qui a pour principale fonction d'accueillir les fidèles, mais pas seulement, car de là on pourra également se rendre sur le campus.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.png

6.jpg

7.png

• Like 2

Il y a effectivement une raison pourquoi ils ont fait ce vaste hall sur Beaver Hall, il est directement en face de la sortie du métro Square Victoria. Ce qui confirme qu'il n'y aura pas de lien souterrain.