Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

• Réponses 891
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

I'm calling bullsh*t. Not going to shoot the messenger, but people make up all kinds of stuff. So this company is doing the inverse of what Bell, Molson, Air Canada etc. have been doing for years, a slow and progressive move to Toronto.

Thebeers moving his head office from toronto to calgary

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/de-beers-hq-toronto-calgary-1.3666953

Headoffice moving to mtl? Sounds like bs to me. Not before we abolish the french language law.

Sent from my E5803 using Tapatalk

Lowering the taxes will help a lot to keep our head office.

abolishing the language law won't solve everything.

It's funny how come the office de la langue francaise du quebec doesn't do anything against the P sign for stationnement.

I never saw any S sign for stationnement.

Modifié par andre md

J'ai aussi hâte de savoir où !

1500 employés de bureau, on parle de combien de pieds carrés? Je sais que ça dépend du type d'emplois, mais ça fait du monde quand même.

Comme tu dis, ça va dépendre du type d'emplois. Un Centre D'appel aurait besoins d'environs 15,000 à 20,000p². Des avocats ou des comptables, plus comme 30,000 à 40,000p²

Je sais pas si quelqu'un a de l'info mais il semblerait qu'une grosse compagnie déménage son siège social Canadien, de Toronto vers Montréal, plus de 1500 cols blancs. La raison ? , ils ont fait un internal company wide survey on relocation preferences, et Montréal a été préférée à Toronto. Peut-être que la nouvelle va sortir dans les news d'ici peu.

De ce que j'ai pu lire, on parle de offices, donc tous les bureaux. La compagnie parle aussi de faire une grosse campagne de recrutement dans les universités dès septembre. On parle de 820+ employés de Toronto qui déménageront à Montréal et 700+ nouveaux postes créés à Montréal.

J'adore ce que tu dis. MAIS, svp, donnes-nous quelques liens ou sources, même si elles ne confirment rien. Sinon, on nage en pleine rumeur (extrêmement) vague. Tu as lu ça où? Qui t'en a parlé?

Edit: je viens de voir le fil avec Bostonkid123. Est-ce de ça que tu parles? S'il y a qq inscrit à ce site, ce serait bien de le contacter personnellement pour lui demander dans quelle entreprise il travaille. Du travail de recherche, quoi!

Modifié par MtlMan

No I went to Berlin for 8 months working for our EMEA division, and now I am planning a move to Montreal because our company is permanently moving our Canadian corporate head offices from Toronto to Quebec along with 1500+ white collar positions. No offense to Toronto but you aren't the "center of universe" for all multinationals based in Canada. Some of our largest corporate clients like Bombardier, Air Canada, SNC Lavelin, and Canada's largest pension funds are based in Montreal so naturally we are moving there. A big part has to do with transport, cost of living, and livability - most of our U.S. and European-based expats simply prefer working and visiting Montreal over Toronto (the results part of an internal company wide survey on relocation preferences) because of lower housing cost / lower office leasing cost, much better access to rapid transit throughout Montreal island/Old Port/Downtown with attractive (and equally affordable) neighborhoods like Plateau, Mont Royal, and Quartier de Spectacles, as well as other intangibles like the rich culture/history, relaxing pace of life (aka work-life-balance in corporate speak), and French language, not to mention access to new bilingual talents from McGill, HEC Montreal, University of Montreal, and UQaM (we are planning a big recruiting campaign in these universities for new graduates starting in September)

So to answer fusion's question, yes I am actually moving to Montreal along with 820+ of my Toronto-based colleagues/European/U.S. expats and 700+ more local hires in Montreal.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/toronto/2607689-toronto-has-surpassed-chicago-population-neat-19.html

Sur la base de ces indices, est-ce que ça pourrait être la division transport de Thales? Ils ont à peu près ce nombre d'employés à Toronto.

Thales est une compagnie française qui fait affaire avec Bombardier, SNC-Lavalin et Air Canada, et avec le projet du REM, ça pourrait être logique de déménager la division de transport à Montréal.

Toronto-based Thales Rail Signalling Solutions Inc. designs, supplies and installs advanced signalling systems for urban rail operators around the world and leads the global market with its Communications-Based Train Control technology, found domestically on the TTC Scarborough RT (rapid transit) and on the Vancouver SkyTrain and Canada Line.

Headquartered in Paris, France, Thales is a leading international electronics and systems group, serving defense, aerospace and security markets worldwide. Thales is the subcontractor under Accenture to supply the Greater Toronto Area transit network with an integrated secure ticketing system. This project involves bus, subway and rail..

Modifié par nephersir7

Invité
Ce sujet ne peut plus recevoir de nouvelles réponses.

Countup

• Créer...