Aller au contenu

REM (ligne A) - Discussion générale

Messages recommendés

41 minutes ago, p_xavier said:

C'est tu moi qui hallucine mais ils ont renommé Anse-à-l'Orme en retirant le L devant.

Oui comme la station Assomption et non L'Assomption, comme la station Parc et non Du Parc, comme la station Acadie et non L'Acadie... D'autres exemples?

12 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Oui comme la station Assomption et non L'Assomption, comme la station Parc et non Du Parc, comme la station Acadie et non L'Acadie... D'autres exemples?

D'iberville et non Iberville?  Du Collège et non Collège?  De L'Église et non Église?  Ça ne me semble pas très consistent

Il y a 2 heures, ScarletCoral a dit :

Top 3 des stations du REM pour se divertir

1. McGill, au cœur du centre-ville et ses nombreux attraits
  2. Bonaventure Gare Centrale, connectée au Centre Bell
  3. Du Quartier, connectée à une offre variée de commerces de divertissement

Ils ont également renommé la station "Gare Centrale" pour... "Bonaventure Gare Centrale", ce qui fait du sens selon moi vu sa connection (directe...) avec la ligne Orange du métro. ;)

J'ai également noté qu'ils ont employé les termes "entrée de ville Bonaventure" pour désigner l'arrivée par le boul. Robert-Bourassa.  Est-ce le nom "officiel" ou simplement un nom qu'ils ont déterminé afin de désigner le parc central du boulevard R-B ? o.O

Il y a 2 heures, ScarletCoral a dit :

Pour les explorateurs urbains, la station idéale où s’arrêter et prendre des clichés emblématiques de Montréal sera Griffintown-Bernard-Landry. On y retrouve tout près l’entrée de ville Bonaventure et ses œuvres d’art public, l’enseigne du Farine Five Roses et, à environ 3 km de marche, l’icône architecturale Habitat 67.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rocco said:

Au fait la STM a voulu faire l'inverse, elle a rajouté les articles à l'interne. https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/683097/metro-noms-stations-montreal-annule

2 hours ago, p_xavier said:

C'est tu moi qui hallucine mais ils ont renommé Anse-à-l'Orme en retirant le L devant.

It’s nowhere near l’Anse-à-l’Orme — not the hidden stream, nor the road, nor the nature park way up in Pierrefonds — and barely touches Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue… notwithstanding the possibility that SAdB might someday build a small bedroom community of single-family homes and town houses within cycling distance of the new station, it still should’ve been named either Baie-D’Urfé (capital D now) or Morgan for better localization; I’d bet good money that the largest plurality of users will be from the Morgan industrial park in Baie-D’Urfé.

il y a 29 minutes, SameGuy a dit :

It’s nowhere near l’Anse-à-l’Orme — not the hidden stream, nor the road, nor the nature park way up in Pierrefonds — and barely touches Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue… notwithstanding the possibility that SAdB might someday build a small bedroom community of single-family homes and town houses within cycling distance of the new station, it still should’ve been named either Baie-D’Urfé (capital D now) or Morgan for better localization; I’d bet good money that the largest plurality of users will be from the Morgan industrial park in Baie-D’Urfé.

It doesn’t barely touches SADB, it’s really is in SADB. The station isn’t on Morgan, it’s further east than what was initially presented, placing it at nearly the same distance from Morgan and  L’Anse-à-l’Orme road. SADB plans aren’t a bedroom community but a mixed use neighbourhood with a green tech hub, entry point to the parc and a low-medium density residential component. Is ALO geographically the most appropriate name? I’m not sure, but I’m not convinced BU or Morgan are better.

33 minutes ago, SameGuy said:

it still should’ve been named either Baie-D’Urfé (capital D now) or Morgan for better localization

The REM station's initial working name of 'Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue' was changed to 'Anse-à-l'Orme' to avoid confusion with the Vaudreuil-Hudson line station of the same name.  Similar reasoning would apply to 'Baie-d'Urfé'. Similarly, REM 'Pointe-Claire' has been changed to 'Fairview Pointe-Claire'. I like 'Anse-à-l'Orme', another option would have been 'Sainte-Marie'.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, mk.ndrsn said:

It doesn’t barely touches SADB, it’s really is in SADB. The station isn’t on Morgan, it’s further east than what was initially presented, placing it at nearly the same distance from Morgan and  L’Anse-à-l’Orme road. SADB plans aren’t a bedroom community but a mixed use neighbourhood with a green tech hub, entry point to the parc and a low-medium density residential component. Is ALO geographically the most appropriate name? I’m not sure, but I’m not convinced BU or Morgan are better.

Yes, 𝗯𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗹𝘆 “in” SAdB. When people think of Sainte-Anne they don’t think “east of Morgan road, north of the 40.” It’s as simple as that. SAdB is the village, John Abbott, Macdonald Campus, the Arboretum, or the Vets’ hospital. None of these are near the station. Yes, the initial location would’ve imperilled wetlands so they moved it to the east and decided to rename it. But Chemin de l’Anse-à-l’Orme really doesn’t localize it well at all. Sure, locals might know it (especially member of Montreal Racing 🙄), but anybody from east of Cavendish will be left scratching their head. It’s the same response as when I suggested “Griffintown-ÉTS” for the Ottawa street station: “It's like 250m from the school so it doesn’t really make sense to name it that.” OTOH, Morgan Is easily identified — its a signposted overpass and exit on the 40, and underpass and exit on the 20. The industrial park house more than 80 companies that employ some 20,000 people, many of whom live outside the immediate area, and who have long clamoured for better transit options to and from the park. Anse-à-l’Orme may be a pretty name, but because it doesn’t correspond to a location it’s a poor choice for a transit terminal station.

30 minutes ago, Timothy said:

The REM station's initial working name of 'Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue' was changed to 'Anse-à-l'Orme' to avoid confusion with the Vaudreuil-Hudson line station of the same name.  Similar reasoning would apply to 'Baie-d'Urfé'. Similarly, REM 'Pointe-Claire' has been changed to 'Fairview Pointe-Claire'. I like 'Anse-à-l'Orme', another option would have been 'Sainte-Marie'.

I don’t disagree with any of this. Aside from the station location, which is a poor choice to begin with (IMO it should’ve crossed back over the 40 to either Lee/Service Road, or closer to the centre of the industrial park via any of the old, deprecated spur lines’ rights-of-way. As it is now, the future version of the 219 will get a workout (as will wee Chemin-Ste-Marie from Morgan to the station)!

1 hour ago, SameGuy said:

Le point était seulement le 'L' manquant.  Le débat sur le nom a lui-même a eu lieu l'an dernier

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1