Aller au contenu

REM (ligne A) - Discussion générale

Messages recommendés

Oh yeah true I forgot!

Plus drôle: le maire de Pfds-Rox, M. Jim Beis, est un cycliste très passionné, un vrai “Lycra-bro,” et même lui est en maudit. He rides his bicycle from his home in Pfds to the Montreal Municipal Council and the Agglomeration Council every session, and rides “centuries” (100km rides) on the weekends, but isn’t part of the Bike Paths Über-Alles clique at city hall. He understands what his citizens prioritize. I don’t like every plank in his platform, and I really don’t think he is in favour of real density (or the area around Pfds-Rox station would’ve been planned for high-rises long ago), but he understands how his constituents commute.

7 minutes ago, Enalung said:

I live in Sherbrooke. Those who've visited will know that it's a rather hilly city. If we tolerated that kind of ice in our streets, it would be pandemonium on the streets. I've actually seen a bus and several cars slide down King street during a storm. It really doesn't take much to cause massive problems in a hilly city like Sherbrooke. There's no reason that a street should be in that kind of state. Other then the main arteries, Sherbrooke does it without salt. When there's ice, the city uses graders and front end loaders to rip it off the streets and sidewalks. Montreal really needs to step up it's game. There's plenty of heavy construction equipment in Montreal. You should be able to do the same. Peoples should be able to walk in the street without having to fear for their lives. Then again, is this maintenance done by a third party? Sherbrooke does a large portion of it's own maintenance and street repair and owns a significant amount of equipment.

Thinks in the suburbs tumbled off a cliff after the mergers, with the slogan One Island, One Snowplow.

Again, I'm looking forward to REM in the West Island, and I'm definitely a booster. But I'm also not shy to criticize any of the shortcomings in the plan or any ancillary effects it may cause. I'll certainly try to use transit or bike/scooter for last-mile to/from the REM station as much as possible, but they will have to figure out how to fix a mountain of problems to get West Islanders to leave their cars at home. There's a reason why the incentive lots on exo lines are always overflowing by 8 am.

Umm... where did my "edit" button go?

il y a une heure, SameGuy a dit :

LOL I just watched that for the first time since the day I recorded it. I’m asking all the Plateau and MHM and Rosemont people who think we don’t need our cars to get to the REM to tell me again how I’m expected to walk almost a kilometre on that twice a day, every weekday all winter long just to use a bus on Antoine-Faucon that may or may not show up on time because of the crazy traffic...

Aucune idée du comment, sauf que je me demande comment font ceux qui marchent déjà jusqu'à un arrêt de bus sur Antoine-Faucon en hiver depuis des années, alors que le REM n'est pas encore opérationnel?  -- Peut-être direz-vous que leur nombre est faible, et qu'il n'augmentera pas avec le REM, à moins que...(please fill the blanks)

L'option de la voiture personnelle n'est pas particulièrement agréable non plus, surtout si elle n'est pas rangée dans un garage/abri couvert, et/ou qu'à destination vous devez stationner sur un espace ouvert en surface et devez marcher jusqu'à votre bureau/lieu de travail.  Les rues du centre de Montréal ne sont pas exemplaires non plus.  Et ce sans compter la congestion sur les routes pour s'y rendre et en sortir.

il y a 33 minutes, SameGuy a dit :

Thinks in the suburbs tumbled off a cliff after the mergers, with the slogan One Island, One Snowplow.

I like that one.  One Island, One Snowplow also implies that residents in central Montréal  must be  poorly serviced as well...

Obviously, it would not make any sense to have bus lines on every street, especially in the suburbs, to eliminate the need to walk long distances.   What about much improved snowplowing/snow removal across the whole city? *  Would cost some money, but what the hell, there's lots of it floating around!

* I once read that the City of Montréal had the world's largest snow removal budget (in absolute terms).  Obviously, this is not sufficient (or efficiency is deplorable).  

p.s. This could provide a nice opening for a separate discussion on Climate Change vs Global Warming;  please do not laugh: local  people are sometimes "praying" for a mild winter, one  where rain is more common than snow, and of course no ice at all.  This is intended to be ironical, I need no one to "educate" me on the relationship between the two  --Global Warming brings Climate Change, which in turn can mean more snow in some parts of the world, including ours.

We talked about rue Meloche in another thread, on peut la voir dans mon clip comme la route transversale (l'auto qui croisait), qui est plus ou moins bien entretenue l'hiver... le long du Parc Grier où il y a un trottoir d'un côté. À mon bout il n'y a pas de trottoir est c'est dangereux marcher dans le chemin, surtout l'hiver. Oui, avec un trottoir ici, ça s'peut qu'on pourrait aménager une ligne d'autobus en provenance du boulevard de Pierrefonds en empruntant la rue Grier, le long de Meloche et Château-Pierrefonds jusqu'à la station Kirkland. Espérons que oui, les authorités vont vraiment bonifier l'offre, mais aussi les autres services civiques. 

C'est encore un peu l'oeuf et la poule cette affaire de déneigement, j'ai l'impression. Le déneigement sur ces rues là est dégueulasse, mais quand tu y passe en char ça reste pas assez un gros trouble pour la majorité du monde qui va pas aller passer sa soirée au conseil municipal et se mettre à faire plus que chialer un peu. Pendant ce temps-là, ceux qui prennent l'autobus en ce moment le font par nécessité ou par conviction, donc ils font avec et ils sont tellement minoritaires qu'il peuvent pas faire changer ça.

Si plus de monde marchait dans la rue l'hiver, la ville pourrait pas s'en tirer avec un déneigement comme ça sans trottoir. En même temps, personne ne veut marcher dans ces conditions là. Il va falloir qu'un des deux change et l'autre changera, et l'arrivée du REM serait une bonne occasion il me semble.

13 hours ago, mtlurb said:

Belle mentalité de villageois... c'est le domaine public, tu veux déneiger la rue gratis assume ta décision. 

Juste comme ca j'habite a Lasalle je déneige a la pelle une portion de la rue pour me stationner et un zinzin vient prendre la place que j'avais nettoyé.  

LOL Pour ma part, mon voisin de coté a un entrepreneur de déneigement pour son entrée, comme moi, mais ensuite il sort pour nettoyer les bords et son porche, et pousse toute la neige dans la rue devant ma propriété, après le passage des chasse-neige de la ville ... c'est contre les lois de Pfds-Rox de le faire, mais il est un ancien commandant à la retraite du SPVM ... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Il y a 18 heures, SameGuy a dit :

LOL I just watched that for the first time since the day I recorded it. I’m asking all the Plateau and MHM and Rosemont people who think we don’t need our cars to get to the REM to tell me again how I’m expected to walk almost a kilometre on that twice a day, every weekday all winter long just to use a bus on Antoine-Faucon that may or may not show up on time because of the crazy traffic...

Once the REM will be opened, some taxibus into your municipality could solve the problem. A service that could be included in Montréal's monthly transit fare or something. Fifteen years ago, we had a taxibus linked to Terminus Panama when I used to live in "secteur C" of Brossard and it worked well enough. Some seven-places mini-vans dropping passengers by.

All it requires is some taxi drivers having their own mini-van and taxibus stops that are cleared during winter.

• Administrateur
Il y a 7 heures, andre md a dit :

Juste comme ca j'habite a Lasalle je déneige a la pelle une portion de la rue pour me stationner et un zinzin vient prendre la place que j'avais nettoyé.  

C’est le risque de déneiger une propriété publique. T’as différentes options pour mitiger ça, te prendre un SUV qui a de l’allure, déménager et avoir ton propre garage, placer un panneau qui dit que la place t’appartiens ou bien camper là pour protéger ta place. 

😂